#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Yes, I'm Aromantic/Asexual and I Celebrate Valentine's Day

Here are some reasons why I like celebrating Valentine’s day

Candy

It’s an excuse to get more candy and buy Valentine’s day candy because they’re delicious.

Yes, I'm Aromantic/Asexual and I Celebrate Valentine's DayYes, I'm Aromantic/Asexual and I Celebrate Valentine's Day

The hearts

I don’t like flowers but I like seeing and making artwork of full hearts and broken hearts. And even the decorations and artwork can manifest itself into the lovely holiday spirit.

Platonic love

Valentine’s day isn’t just a day for couples. I give my friends/family Valentine’s messages and tell them what great friends they are. I like to cheer them up when they hate being absolutely single and have nothing to do on Valentine’s day.

Familial love

My family is always my family. You can always get a new partner, but barely anyone can replace your family.

Self love

I do love myself. It’s normal to love yourself because you can’t have self-esteem without it, and I noticed that many people on here should learn to love themselves first. I think Valentine’s day should be a day where you should give yourself a treat out of self love.

Watching couples being happy

It makes me happy seeing couples being happy.

Watching single people being bitter and jealous

It’s also fun to watch that too and I think it's ridiculous because Valentine's day is a lovely holiday. Many single people, on Valentine’s day, get bitter and say things like "I hate Valentine's day" or "I don't care about Valentine's day." Come on, we know you care. If they get jealous of couples and become bitter on Valentine's day then it’s proof that they don’t like being single. I never got jealous and bitter from that because i’m #aromantic and #asexual.

1817

Most Helpful Guy

• Do artwork; poetry; anything you enjoy doing. Cook yourself a meal. Take a hot bath or shower to relax and reflect! Enjoy eating your favourite foods and having a foodgasm!!

India Support LGBTQAI+ Community. India declares freedom of sexual orientation a fundamental right.

India Supports the LQBTQAI Community ↗

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 18

• I have my boyfriend to be romantic and sexual together, anyway it's interesting to read this perspective to understand different minds, thank you for sharing it and have happy Valentine's day❣️

• I like Valentine's day because it's a holiday, I like holidays because it's a reason to goof off, dress up and celebrate something. Humans like celebrations.
    I will buy myself roses if I go out tomorrow because they are pretty and i like how the fake ones smell.

• Great take!

You don't have to be aromantic or asexual to just be happy for other couples, I think lots of people dont get that and just let jealousy take over but I'm glad you still enjoy the holiday.

Happy Valentine's Day!

• don't you think you're maybe 'aromantic' and 'asexual' purely because you haven't met the right person yet?

I mean, these things change...

• Nope, that's not what it means. It means I don't experience romantic and sexual attraction, no matter how 'perfect' the person is.

• And how did you identify yourself as this?
      I’ve always been curious

• I know what it means, its just, some people don't become attracted to someone until much later on.

But yeah, I'm curious as to how you knew as well?

• There's nothing wrong with celebrating this particular day for those reasons

• I can really relate to this. Except the fact that I'm not really interested in celebrating it😂 Wonderful take!

• Wholly fuck!!! I never meet an asexual. I am the same. But I am a big romantic sometimes.

• Nice

• I like the last point

• Thanks for sharing

• Great take!

• Hmm... interesting mytake... thank you for the insight!

• Oh alright zaddy 😋

• Cool so non sexual love ☺

• Candy 🍬 ♥

• Nice take

• great take thanks

• Exactly! Just because you're single and asexual doesn't mean you can't enjoy the day! Oh, and FYI, wait till the day after Valentines to buy candy on sale!!! That's what I do, lol.

What Guys Said 16

• "Watching couples being happy
    It makes me happy seeing couples being happy."

"Watching single people being bitter and jealous."

LOL when I read those two. You could have added watching couples fight and break up on Valentine's day, I'm sure that happens too! And it could be over silly things that they fight over and split because of it.

For the ""Watching couples being happy", I say just let them be, at least I hope that their relationship last and good luck with it. At least they'll be able to enjoy their time together for that time being.

There really is no point in being jealous, at least not anymore to me once I had realized the truth NO RELATIONSHIP IS EVER GUARANTEED TO LAST INDEFINITELY EITHER WAY, and because it requires tons of hard work to MAINTAIN a relationship, so for single people, you didn't miss out on anything. You could be in a relationship today and broken up by tomorrow, although I don't mean that literally. And if people focus so much on looks and appearances or physical attractiveness of someone that they want to be with or are currently with they are also deluded by that illusion, because physical beauty IS AN ILLUSION. And people do, because it's a superficial world. Physical attractiveness simply does not last indefinitely, although they have anti-wrinkles and anti-aging products, which can help delay and postpone that inevitability. And I think it's a factor as to why people get sad, bitter, jealous, upset, etc. when they don't have that beautiful and gorgeous looking girl or that handsome guy that they wanted or desired to have.

What I meant by physical beauty IS AN ILLUSION is simply put, it also does NOT last indefinitely.

Think of a pretty flower, it's the prettiest and most beautiful when in full bloom, however, it will eventually and INEVITABLY become all dried up and wrinkled up at some point later own, and then guess what? It dies. So try not to focus too much on physical attractiveness and appearances, they simply won't last forever.

@Unit1 ? @ menina? @quintessence? @thisdudehere? @Havequestions?

• "Think of a pretty flower, it's the prettiest and most beautiful when in full bloom, however, it will eventually and INEVITABLY become all dried up and wrinkled up at some point later own, and then guess what? It dies. So try not to focus too much on physical attractiveness and appearances, they simply won't last forever."

That's life. 😓
      But sex robotic ladies will last probably longer and even then under maintenances.
      At least they won't break up over something as stupid as liking a twitter post from another girl, that i didn't even see once in my life.

• @menina If only it can stay permanent, in which it can't no matter what we do. There's plenty of products and services relevant to maintaining youth, physical beauty, anti-wrinkles, anti-aging, etc., etc. But's still going to fade eventually. It's just there to remind us, we're only mortal and only human.

• I know what you mean. But that's not how I see things...

• Are there limited edition candies you can only get during V-day? Otherwise it seems more expensive rather than less which I presume is a bad thing.

#econlyfe

• Well, every party has a pooper... I'll chime in by saying I'm glad as HECK that I'm not asexual, and I think V-Day is total BS ! But y'all have a fun day and enjoy it.

• Cool! So your birthday is in 1 day!!! Happy early Birthday!!!

• Thanks for your take.

• Me too

• Good.

• Bueno

• I'm also aromantic/asexual

• Amazing take bud

• thank you

• Nice take 👍

• Great take.

• Thanks, I am asexual too

• Nice one

• You’re weird tho