Love - It’s Not Just Romance!

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Or, as realists would prefer, two days from now. Or, as another realist would say, holidays invented by greeting card companies don’t matter. But they can! Any day of the year has significant meaning personally, if not universally. Just think about birthdays and anniversaries. Out of 365 days, there are several dates important to you as an individual.

Love - It’s Not Just Romance!

Just as unique any day is to you or someone else, so is Valentine’s Day, and so is love. You may love your parents, your spouse, and your child, all in different ways. Isn’t that wonderful? So many kinds of love, all unique not just relationship-wise but unique as love itself.

Love - It’s Not Just Romance!

Look at this picture. This is one of the first images that came up when I searched “love”. Isn’t that kind of gross? Like, geez, are they doing tongue transplants?

This is the image I’d rather see come up:

Love - It’s Not Just Romance!You are on the skin of the earth, and the earth is so small in comparison with the universe, but still so large to us. This is love. You know the pinprick of the universe you are on.

616
Whatthefluff is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• No idea what love is how it feels as I am very unemotional and careless, non feeling person.

But... Sometimes when I see really pretty or hot girls and can sort of be like awwww 😍😍😍😍 "so cute"
    "Would love to kiss her or hug her or something"

What is that? Is that "romantic love"?
    Or is that just the thing you call a "crush"?

• Love runs deeply emotional if it is established upon reciprocative trust, the right chemistry between two people, unwavering care for each other and sustained hunger for successful relationship to continue finding solutions to address issues in affectionate and workable ways. Love includes but also encompasses way beyond romance.

Most Helpful Girl

• I just broke up with my boyfriend... So yeah... Im single for valentines... But Valentine's was just created for the people who can't remember anniversarys to surprise their loved one on a day that you can't miss... I don't know lol have fun with that

Join the discussion

514
  • Where are you searching that that was the first thing that came up?

• Good take, you are right.. Love is so much bigger than romance.. People risk their lives, give the last of what they have, become selfless, change people's lives because of this thing called "love"..

• It's a lie, created to get us to buy things. Used to be to get us to buy tickets to plays, flowers, etc. Now, it's jewelry, cards, chocolates, etc. Love is the longest-running lie ever perpetrated.

• I think being in love means going through hardships and growing as a team. Unless you’re relationship has no feeling to it.

• V day is about horny sex stuff, not hippy dippy stuff

• Is it me or is there an extra tongue in that pic of the couple playing tonsil hockey?

• Doctor... is it possible to do a tongue transplant?

• Love is willing to give your life for the other. Now that is true love. Like Romeo and Juliet

• True people think of love, they think of sex, how wrong they are !!!

• That picture is of a movie tho, a movie called love...
    It is kind of gross tho

• "romantic air head"

This is your nick name from now on.

• Yo what?

• What do you do then wait for next Valentine’s Day?

• Think of Valentine’s Day not of romantic love necessarily, but all the love in your life as a whole

• There is no love here.

• Good take

• So true, love is bigger than romance.

• So true!

• That was cute. Also Tongue transplants, XD.

• Love this