#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Can a girl ask a boy to be her valentine?

I really really really really really like this boy but his part of the seniors and I'm a junior , is it safe for me to ask him to be my valentine?
  • Yes
  • No
Thanks everyone but I asked the guys the 13th and he said it's short notice 🙄 rather spent my Valentine's Day with my best friend ⚡

6289

Most Helpful Guy

• One questions for all the girls... Why do y'all wait for guys to take the 1st step huh? I mean why the guy should always ask 1st... Me for example, I was kinda shy in school n I missed out going out with great girls coz I didn't have the guts to go n speak up... I was otherwise quite popular being in the football team n quite good at studies n all but used to turn into a nervous wreck when it came to girls...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I donโ€™t support the idea that guys should make the first step in general, however, in this specific situation i think the guy should ask her out, because heโ€™s older. Sheโ€™s junior, so if she messes it up that will haunt her for the rest of the high school. Seriously, do you think itโ€™s a good idea for a junior to ask a senior out?

• Well not in this case but I was thinking out loud in a general situation.

• Shows us that you're really interested and I guess it's just tradition

Most Helpful Girl

• YES any girl can ask! but dont be nervous its ok! i mean even if he says no, at least you know right? its going to be ok if he says no! i promise... am i scaring u XD sorry

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • If he says no , can I consider flirting with woman.. just kidding haha

• awwwww! that sucks! yeah! spend it with your friends! it could be a normal day if u want it to be

• Exactly

What Guys Said 88

• What is the wrong in that. Boys are struggling all their life to just ask her out on the valentines day. We know the struggle of confessing a love and we appreciate the most if a girl does that to me. It is completly safe to ask him for a valentine day out. at least he will get happy and if he says yes he will shower you with all the goodness in life. Because as i said, boys know the struggle

• Life is to short to worry about insignificant things, if it's what you want do it! If you're scared of rejection don't be, it's a risk you take in life. Worst thing that could happen is he'll he says no, and he's gone next year anyways. Win win

• You go girl! Its like most here say. We love it! It shows confidence etc. But also as people say, don't ask if you haven't considered rejection and is prepared to handle it. Its like they say in prison "if you can't handle the time, then don't do the crime". Think of it like a social contract.
    Disclaimer: have not been in prison, but worked there one summer x) because mother is a warden and norwegian prisons is pretty harmless x)

• This is the cutest thing that could happen. I don't get that gender restricted stuff anyways. The female gender has ematipated long time ago. I love when girls approach us too.

Unfortunately it wouldn't happen to me yet :(

• Love is love, no matter what grade. But there is a problem. When he graduates into college you won't. And you will not see him ever again unless you go to the same college as him when you graduate as a senior.

• Yea of course. Guys like feeling desired just as much as women so by asking him you are showing a doubtless interest.

• It's definitely OK. Glad to see a girl take the initiative.

• I just want to say please do if people can't read your mind they may be distracted by a lot in life and may just not even notice your feelings I have done that and I felt and still do feel really bad about it as this was a person who I really liked

• If you can handle potential rejection well, I see go for it! Nothing wrong with that.

• Yes, why not..
    When it's happening it's look too romantic.. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

• This a joke? Women rally for equal rights, so I don't understand why is it public convention that men should allways be the ones that makes romantic gestures and moves. Doesn't makes sense nowadays.

• I say she's or guts, I like courage and determination in a girl

• I would have loved this at that age. I can only hope for the boy that he is smart enough how brave you are and is willing to to commit to you

• I would be really flattered if some cute girl approached me wanting to be my Valentine.

Guys are soft and squishy and shy too :)

• Go for it, have courage, you do it๐Ÿ‘ go anonymous go, go anonymous go

• Yeah guys love that, or I do anyway, makes it easier instead of playing the guessing game

• I've never heard of someone dying from it so I assume it's safe.

• If by safe you mean he's not going to reject you, no, it's not safe. If by safe you mean the chances of being raped, yes, you are safe.

• Heck yeah.. nothing sexier than a woman knowing what she wants and going for it...

• More from Guys
    68

What Girls Said 61

• It's 100% okay and encouraged for a girl to ask a boy out (sure beats sitting around waiting for him to maybe do it), but that doesn't mean it's "safe." Most anything in life worth having involves a little risk. He still might say no, but you should still be glad you took control and asked.

• Yes, asking is better than letting opportunity pass you by. Technically you can tell him you like him at any time but during Valentine's Day is sweet. There will always be a chance someone will turn you down but it's just as possible that someone won't. Take chances!

• If you truly like him and care for him to take notice, it's going to bother and crush you more if you let the opportunity go. There's no rule that a girl isn't able to ask a guy out. Lots of guys nowadays find it rather refreshing for a girl to make the first move ๐Ÿ™‚

• I don't think you should if you aren't prepared for rejection. I think if a guy likes a girl he would go for her, is this the only way to get yourself noticed? If yes, then maybe go for it. but if you get rejected, it happens to everyone.

• Of course! I just wouldn't do it because it'd might make me look humiliating if my crush ends up shutting me down because we're "friends" lol. Just be prepared for his answer though! Good luck girlie ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Yes! Guys love that. It takes the pressure off them and they'll have more respect for you afterwards for having the conference to do it

• yes it's actually really good to do that, it shows him you're interested and a lot of guys think it's super cute when a girl does

• Obviously. We're also entrusted to vote nowadays, I'm sure asking a guy out won't be frowned upon

• Every boyfriend and valentine I've had is because I asked the guy ;)

• If it's something you will think about constantly, regret, and obsess over, then DO IT.

• Yes, you can do the first move too but hope that he isn't a dick because some people don't understand that.

• Go for it! I've asked two guys to be my Valentine in the past before. I might ask the guy I have a history with to be my Valentine again.

• Yes why make it you make the the first. If you want something you go get it donโ€™t wait.

• I dont see anything wrong with it. The worst he is going to say is no.

• If I were a boy, I'd say 'uh, no thanks! but we could meet on the weekend.'

• Yeah
    There's nothing wrong with that, It's worth a try

• hell yes do what u want to do honey
    how gives a fuck

• Why not? You'll never know for sure until you do!

• Yeah. Be bold. Youโ€™ll never know unless you try.

• Lmao of course you can.

• More from Girls
    41