#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Not loving yourself means you can't love others?

Not loving yourself means you can't love others??

1112

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with that. If you don't love yourself, you are dependant on your significant other to give you all of the love you need, which means you are always too focused on getting the approval and validation from them. Relationships are a lot more stable when both members are content with themselves, so they can truly focus on loving the other person :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't love myself during my relationship so much so I kept telling him he deserved better and I always tried to break up with him because I thought I was the worst person on the planet. We broke up (not because of how many times I had asked him to, just because we weren't making each other happy anymore), I started loving myself while moving on, and my attitude has improved a lot.
    Me and my ex are in contact now, and I don't feel the same way about myself as I did whenever I was around him.
    So yes, loving myself has helped me to love others too.

Valentines Day

What Guys Said 11

• I believe the whole "love yourself" and self esteem movement are mostly misguided.

I don't really care if you love yourself. I've known many people who have difficulty loving themselves who are great people. Furthermore, I've known many people who love themselves who are pieces of shit.

I care if you're a good person. Many of the good people I know don't really love themselves.

• I believe if you don’t love yourself yet demand others to love you isn’t right.

Yeah of course no one is completely in love with themselves or completely accepted themselves and their flaws but if you look in the mirror and every time you see yourself you feel disgusted or angry then maybe you’re not ready for love.

• You can love others, but not yourself. If you love yourself as well, it makes for a better relationship for you, as you then know better how to get your needs met and tend to attract guys who know what a healthy, fun relationship is.

• True to an extent. Not loving yourself can make you pretty selfish and overly-apathetic if you're not careful. You end up trying to focus your life on making yourself feel good even if it means doing some pretty crappy things to others.

• Not sure if I completely agree. But if you don’t love yourself why would anyone else bother loving you?

• No, it means we admire the presence of someone who can make us to love ourselves and give a meaning to our lives.

• That doesn't really apply.. The theory is more that if you can't/dont love yourself that you won't love for the right reasons

• Very untrue. It can make it hard to be sociable, but that’s it.

• Completely false , and by the way... it doesn't take any brains to love something or someone.

• Exectly

• Not necessarily true coz we may not ourself as good but the other can surely make u realise the truth

What Girls Said 10

• I actually agree with this statement because if you do love yourself you can or always strive to be the best version of yourself and once you are happy with yourself and being with yourself a relationship isn’t hard. It isn’t dependent of the other person

• i've heard that phrase way too often :/... personally i think its possible

• Haha, it makes sense in theory but it's not necessarily true

• Lol I don't believe that, I think it just means the person has a hard time receiving love

• Not true. Tons of people do it.

• absolutely true

• I guess so?

• NO! This is such a bad message. People are often well meaning when they say it, but just no. Of course you can love other people, and equally lacking self love doesn't make you unloveable. You should love yourself because you deserve that nourishment, not for anyone else's sake

• AMEN! More often than not, this truly applies.

• False

Valentines Day