• Ask
  • myTake

Why Do Women Leave Men? What Guys Didn't See Coming

If you are worried that your wife or girlfriend is about to leave you, or has already left you, the truth of the matter is that it's probably not what you think, and there can be several reasons.

In any long term relationship things pile up. Little frustrations, hurts, insensitive remarks can all add up over a period of time and each little thing is like a brick in a wall. After a while you will have one very big wall. That's the point where one party will throw their hands up and say 'Enough!" and leave. The important thing is to make sure your relationship never gets to that point.

"One thing you have to do is un-learn much of what you've been told about women and what they want"

One thing you have to do is un-learn much of what you've been told about women and what they want. If you think women are needy and high maintenance, you need to re-evaluate your thinking (of course some women are that way, but not most of them). While this may sound stupid here is something you should try: stop thinking of your woman as a woman, instead think of her as a person. Treat her the same way you like people to treat you.

One of the biggest mistakes men make is they either treat their women like a surrogate mommy, or they go to the complete opposite side of the spectrum and put her on a pedestal where they treat her like she's made of porcelain. The best thing to do is treat her like a human being: a unique individual that has her own mind, needs, and wants. Get to know the real woman, not the person you want her to be, or think she should be.

Don't lump all women together. Don't assume your wife or girlfriend likes a certain thing or should act a certain way just because some other woman (or your mom) does. More than likely you have several male friends. Do you treat each one of them the exact same way, or do you modify your behavior (slightly) for each unique relationship you have?

Women leave men because they are unsatisfied in one way or another. Each relationship is different but at the end of the day your wife or girlfriend will leave because she is not getting enough of her needs met, it's as simple as that.

Most women want their husband or boyfriend to be a friend and confidant. They want someone who acts like they actually like them. Many men don't act like they even like their women and they certainly don't treat them like a trusted friend.

Relationship Dont's
  • Don't treat women like a surrogate mother
  • Don't assume she likes something just because she's a woman
  • Don't lump all women together.
  • Don't assume women don't have sexual needs, just as men do
  • Don't forget to be a friend and confidant
Women have sexual needs just like men. Our society has done a huge disservice to men and women because it tells men they have this huge sex drive and that it's OK to pick up women whenever they want to and that women have to be 'good girls' who will only have sex with their husband.

The fact of the matter is that is not true. Women have the same sex drive as men, they are just conditioned to not act on it whenever the whim hits them. What women don't want is to think that their man only wants them for sex. Women will often disconnect from their men physically because even though they like sex they also like non-sexual physical contact and many men think they have to turn every incident of physical contact into a sexual encounter. After a while your woman won't even want you to touch her, and she'll find someone else.

So if you want to avoid having your wife or girlfriend leave just follow some of these simple tips and treat your women like someone who you like and love and your relationship should last a long time.

3amHunter is a professional relationship coach from Los Angeles, California and unlike most relationship coaches out there, specializes on one niche. And that is how to get back together with an ex girlfriend. For more information click on the following link: Why Women Leave Men.

What Girls Said 17

• This article is geared towards men and women ALREADY in relationships. This will hrlp keep i5 going byt don't use this to get the girl. Treating her as a person and not just a women applies to even outside the relationship.

• "stop thinking of your woman as a woman, instead think of her as a person."

I'm so glad you made that point. All of my exes always seemed to forget that of my sex was only part of who I was. They would think of me as a woman before they thought of me as a human being. When in reality I'm so much more than my gender; failing to realize that is something so many men do. Great job!

• 'What women don't want is to think that their man only wants them for sex.'

exactly. One other thing, women like to be showed and told that they are loved.

• This whole article was like one big "DEEEEEERP" moment. And it's true what it says: we need to treat eachother like fellow HUMAN BEINGS. We are not that different from eachother, we share HUMAN QUALITIES. You have to delete all the BS you hear about what women want or what men want (for the ladies) It makes everything so much easier.

• I don't agree with this article. The author doesn't really understand us. All these advices are too superficial and arbitrary.

• 1. domestic violence

2. mental abuse

3. money abuse

4. control abuse

5. alcohol abuse

6. drug abuse

7. child abuse

8. sexual abuse

9. outside interference

10. cheatiing

i told my boyfriend I had previous ex. with drugs...i had left an ex boyfriend for wanting to drink beer everyday..it caused a problem with my mother and father and I did not want the same. I was hoping that boyfriend would tell me he would break up with me if ever I used drugs again. instead he gave me a hug.

• Sometimes guys (especially young guys) need the blatantly obvious spelled out for them.

That's why an article like this is so good.

Report"georgegadonoh"

it helps to illiminate:

"Women leave men for the same reasons men leave women:

1. domestic violence

2. mental abuse

3. money abuse

4. control abuse

5. alcohol abuse

6. drug abuse

7. child abuse

8. sexual abuse

9. outside interference

10. cheatiing"

• @thetheme: I think you have it wrong. if you act too good the female thinks that she's not a good enough friend, but if anything stepping out of the boundaries she's set for herself is uncomfortable. perhaps if you are only doing those things for her because of what you think you'll get in return ?"there are no loop holes like these when good men leave a relationship."

thats where " Don't forget to be a friend and confidant" come in. if your liable to make mistakes, so is she!

• I don't agree with that at all, maybe it works with stupid or ignorant women but if a guy disrespects me in any way I'm done with him. My current boyfriend happens to be everything this article says a guy should be and it's worked perfectly, I can honestly say that I could see myself spending years if not my whole life with him and this is purely because he has done everything right like this article says. So thetheme you are wrong.

• Oh my goodness. This article is so good and so true (in my previous experiences) that it almost brought tears to my eyes. I wish every man could read this. Thank you for your much-needed common sense!

• Great job on the article! So true, some guys act as if they don't even like their woman, or they treat women like they are all the same. So many guys on this site will ask me about some obscure behavior their girlfriend is displaying and ask me why women do it. Like I know, I don't do that so how can I know, plus I am not her and not a mind reader :P It makes me so frustrated when a guy messages me about that. I just say, hey talk to your girl find out what's bugging her. 9 times out of 10 that helps!

• I think this is a fantastic article... My boyfriend will cuddle with me and kiss me only to find out all he wants is sex and it's not actually to cuddle and kiss... If men would read this and really follow it you will have a long lasting relationship with me at least...

• I love how the most important advice on this website is something "duh" worthy, like women are people or one guy isn't every guy.

• Guys don't get that we WILL be unsatisfied and looking somewhere else if every time our guy touches us he wants sex. We like affection. Try giving us a massage and NOT expecting sex afterward. It will blow our mind. Might even lead to us instigating. Great article

• My favorite line in your story was treat women like people. That was the best :D

• True.

• I think you should add that women want to be proven that they are special in a constant way. Keeping things the same way at all time leads one to be weary.

What Guys Said 11

• I read it to get a new perspective.
    A majority of women like a man to be 'The' man while allowing them freedom of finding themselves. Women evolve and need direction and support at the same time. Honesty is key as well as having a big Dick that you don't misuse for evil. If you conversate openly and make her wet and put her in check when she doesn't get wet she will appreciate your affection and attention. But before you can do all this you have to let your Nuts hang.

• I'm sorry, I don't think this article has any value whatsoever, you say don't lump all women together but that's exactly what you are doing. Some women are needy, some women are very independent just as the same can be true of guys.

Why do women leave men? For lots of reasons, most of which didn't even get a mention.

This is a pointless article, you want the real truth? It's in HER head, so why not stop wasting your time reading this sh/te and go and talk to her. PEOPLE are different.

• No... There are men out there that get left by being the good man. Women want the drama to keep things "alive", the challenge that simulates the mind, and to be treated like crap. There are men out there that do all the above what you said, but women are not attracted to those men. Women leave the good men and give excuses as to why when men do all the "right things". Men do stupid things and leave good women too, but there are no loop holes like these when good men leave a relationship.

• 11. men ignore the feelings of women

12. men don`t listen enough by women talks

13. both genders can speak in two different conversations, like the tower construction in Babylon

14. he doesn`t spend time enough for her

15. he is to much clumsy for her

16. he ignore her (girl)friends

• I don't put much faith in this article. You can do all that and more, and even do it beyond normal limits of human endurance. It won't stop her from one day saying "I want a divorce, and I can't even give you a reason".
    As for little displays of physical affection, she'll be rejecting them long before she's completely rejecting sex.

• I think this applies to both men and women. A good article that highlights many points. But one thing we all need to understand, everyone is conditioned into believing a particular gender thinks or acts a certain way and creates unnecessary hatred towards said gender. We ALL (MEN AND WOMEN) need to appreciate that everyone is different and to have patience. No one is born with relationship skills, but are given the tools necessary to repopulate. Give good people a chance, they can be better

• To samanthaDty: Trust me when I say that you are the minority. Doing what this says got me no where, I learned the hard way. I have done the opposite of what this artical says and many others guys have as well, and we get girls easier and for longer periods of time. Good guys like this are EVERYWHERE and they get left or don't get chosen at all. Disrespecting a girl and treating a girl like crap isn't the same thing, there are differences. Just because it's "right" doesn't mean that it works.

• To myty420: Most guys do what this article describes to do and how to treat a woman, but those guys get dumped for other guys or put in the friend zone. This is why I said treat a girl like crap. Girls will keep coming back for more. Being a "friend and confidant" get's a guy put in the friend zone. The better a guy treats her, the more likely she is going to get bored and leave. Treating a girl like crap gives her the drama she really craves.

• Women leave men for the same reasons men leave women:

1. domestic violence

2. mental abuse

3. money abuse

4. control abuse

5. alcohol abuse

6. drug abuse

7. child abuse

8. sexual abuse

9. outside interference

10. cheatiing

• Hmmm...

Join the discussion

0/2500