Why Stay with Cheating Guys?

It is important to understand and accept the reason why a woman would choose to stay with a man who has cheated on her. Even more important is to discover why some women are repeatedly drawn to men who will cheat on them.

Gogus olculeri

The Attraction
For many of us there is an attraction to men who are just not good for us. Our self-esteem is so low that we do not believe we deserve any better. Or, our self-esteem is so high, we believe we can "fix" even the most damaged man.

"But I Love Him"
Love seems to be the most common reason women give for staying with a cheater, yet it is difficult to understand. The question is also how a woman can continue to love a man who emotionally abuses her, and that is exactly what he is doing when he cheats. In many cases, a woman feels that she owes it to him to give him another chance and just can't let go of the emotional attachment that she feels. Sometimes this emotional attachment is mistaken for love and she feels that she cannot go through life without her man in spite of the way he treats her. We are not talking about the spouse or partner who occasionally strays, but the ones who do it consistently and openly without regard for the feelings of their partner, while still insisting that she is the most important person in his life.

She Lacks the Strength and Confidence to Walk Away
Each of us has to build our own self-worth and know that we are important to our families, our friends and our lovers. Doing so means gaining strength and self-confidence and recognizing when a relationship is not worth saving.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• I would also add that the men who do cheat are generally better with women which is why they can in fact cheat. There are plenty of guys out there who cannot get laid/hookup or have a difficult time doing so.

• Which leads me to believe that these men who are not good with women, would not cheat. Of course I understand a woman wouldn't want a man who is not compatible or good at being a flirt.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in a relationship right now with the guy who took my virginity. We've been together for about 2 years now and I just found out that in Feb. until march he was cheating on me. I have proof and everything and when I confront him about it he says that its not real and that everything was a lie that someone made up. I just can't seem to believe him about it. When I think about me and him it makes me mad and sad I just don't want to deal with it anymore. I love him so much I don't know what to do!?

Sponsored

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 3

• It's a real process that when someone hurts us it takes a piece of us and we then try to get it back. The irony is that you'll never retrieve it until you let go of the hurtful person or memory.

• The thing is, that guys have needs. And when/if they cheat its almost never personal, its just a f***. From evolutionary stand point of view it is best for males to mate as much as possible, so his body is probably pretty demanding on spreading those genes.

• They may be misery addicts, those ladies who stay with philandering men... the same is true for guys who love cheating women...

What Girls Said 2

• My Ex cheated on me after 7 years. I am having a hard time letting him go. I sent an email to his work after letting his partners know about him and this secratary. He forgave me for this, but will not get back with me because of it. I forgave him. How?

• I love this guy and yes he cheated we are trying to work it out we been togesther for a while. I know he still loves me he just made a huge mistakes .we will see what happens we are on a break right now and we still hang out and sleep together