Ex using my Netflix but he has an account?

My "ex" (ex best friend/crush) first broke off our friendship and then cut me off completely after I moved away (I think he thought he could never be with me and couldn't stand to see someone else with me - God knows of course )...

... so his sister and I are still friends and were sharing netflix. Apparently he used it sometimes, meh whatever. But then their whole family got a new account... but he's still using mine (I doubt his sister is watching those shows).

Unless he's too lazy to change the login on his computer, that seems super weird. We don't talk at all ever but he uses my Netflix instead of his family's? After blocking me everywhere and untagging himself in photos etc? And I can't imagine he thinks I don't notice, or doesn't notice that he isn't logging into their acct.

It feels like this weird tenuous final connection (I've been using his pandora account for months unwittingly, since he set up the one on my phone, and finally decided to just sign out and redo my playlists... one down.)

Do you think just quietly changing the pw is the best course of action? I'm not even mad - just not sure what to think.

Updates:
I agree with changing the password but why still use mine if he has another one? Some weird passive aggressive not wanting to let go?
Password changed! Thanks!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Change your password.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree with changing the password but why still use mine if he has another one? Some weird passive aggressive not wanting to let go?

• Show All
    • Let. It. Go. It'll be good for you.

• I thought I had and then I logged into my Netflix and was like "..."
      And I'm planning to thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• a) he's unaware that he's shadowing you
    b) a guilty pleasure "watching" what you choose/view/do.. might agree to passive-aggressive.

Cutting you off is a form of "getting even" for "cutting him off", so let's see what happens when you throw salt on that wound by changing psswrd...

0|0
    0|0
    • Cutting him off like not being with him? He's the one who dissolved our friendship out of kind of nowhere, then tried to get back together just as friends, then cut me off when I moved away?
      (I think I understand why but still not happy about it)

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• He probably cancelled his account. Why get charged when he can mooch off yours? YES change your password already.

1|0
    0|0
  • Change your password and end it.

0|0
    0|0
    • What, him seeming to be all weirdly passively aggressively hanging on? (I can't say a whole lot but anyway...)

I plan to thanks!

• No just end the whole situation all together. But you pay for your shit not him. Why should he have free access?

• Oh yeah I gotcha.

• Yes, change the password.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• After all it is his pandora. He can delete what he wants, Which pandora is FREE. i think ur thinking to much. Change password and make your own accnt on pandora?

0|0
    0|0
  • Change the password.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd change the password, he can use his family's account.

0|0
    0|0
  • Change your Netflix account password.

1|0
    0|0
    • I agree with changing the password but why still use mine if he has another one? Some weird passive aggressive not wanting to let go?

• Show All
    • It's complicated but I don't think he could talk things out. And I don't know why he wouldn't want to use his, it's not like had a list saved on mine or something. It's only recently he's been using it and I've been gone almost a year.

• I wouldn't really read too much into it. He's just mooching off of the account.

• Just change your password.

0|0
    0|0
  • Change your password and move on. He shouldn't be using it if you aren't together.

0|0
    0|0
  • He probably forgot his pw or was just signed into yours

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes change your pw. He's your ex, he shouldn't act like he's allowed to use your stuff.

0|0
    0|0

• Yup it's probally that

• Thanks for the advice.