Would you have visited your ex in the hospital?

I was watching part of this video where two exes got to ask each other questions with a lie detector. It seems towards the end of their relationship the two had been going at it on social media back and forth until they ended it. Sometime after this couples break up, the woman was riding her horse when it freaked out and she basically threw herself off the horse at high speed causing some type of temporary brain injury/memory loss. All she could really remember at the time according to doctors were bits and pieces of things including her ex which she was asking for in hospital. The woman's boss called her ex, told him she was in hospital and would he come see her, and he literally said to the boss, why are you calling me, we broke up, bye. He said to her with the lie detector that he didn't know how bad it was, and that he thought that she wouldn't want to see him, despite the boss telling him she was asking for him, and that he did regret that.

What would you have done? Would you visit a recent ex in the hospital in that situation, or once you break up, it's over, you're done with them and their life, and you would have done the same thing he did.

• I would have visited the ex in the hospital knowing they were asking for me
    75%(15)63%(37)Vote56%(22)
  • I would have hung up, and not visited the ex in the hospital
    25%(5)37%(22)Vote44%(17)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• i would visit. even the shitty ex's who cheated on me i'd visit if they asked for me specifically or if i knew they were going to be there for an extended time.

having spent an extended time in the hospital i know how great it can feel to know that people care if it is people you've had falling outs with. it's a great emotional support during what can be a very tough time

• I agree, and in this case of these people, even more so. I can't imagine having no memory, but being able to remember one person. Everyone else would be a total stranger even your own family. We're talking brain injury here, which can do very messed up things to your mind/memories. It's not like she was just there on a rainy day and called him up and asked him over for coffee and reconciliation... that's different. She was in distress and her brain remembered him. At least he said he felt guilt about it on the lie detector, and was telling the truth so that's something.

Most Helpful Girl

• A guy I dated for eight years found out he had cancer months after we broke up. I talked to him throughout his journey and often asked him if I could come visit him, but he always said no. I really wanted to go to the hospital while he was there (multiple times), but the fact that he told me not to, and facing his family, kept me away. I offered though, and if he had said yes I would have.

• Good on you. I think when you're in that situation, as in cancer, or anything threatening your very existence on this earth, you really have to re-evaluate some things and lean on those that are actually willing to be there for you, when so many others turn and run. You truly learn who your real friends/family are in that moment. You can't help his response to you wanting to be one of those people, but you have a clear conscience about it, I'm sure.

• That is so true... and he would have been there for me if the situation was flipped. We are still on talking terms to this day.

What Guys Said 18

• i46.photobucket.com/.../..._r3_400_zps75746c26.gif

Tell the doctor to call her family and hang up.

• I likely would because I'd probably still have feelings for them, and still care about them regardless of our status.

• I'm on good terms with my ex's so i would have visited. At the end of the day whatever happened, at some point they were a pleasant part of your life.

• If she asked for me, I'd be there.

• Fuck no

• "Hey, I know I crumpled you up like a piece of paper and threw you in the trash, but now I really want to take advantage of you like I used to in the good days. . ."

• Actually in cases of memory loss doctors do ask that if a patient can remember a person or two that it's helpful for them to be in hospital to help get that patients brain working again. Imagine if you couldn't remember anyone or much about your life prior to the accident, but you could remember one person? Everyone else would seem like a stranger, so I would give her the benefit of the doubt here. You can't fake a brain injury in a hospital... they can see what your brain waves look like and tell where you've been effected.

• Yeah, guess I wasn't so disposable after all, huh? Maybe she shouldn't have disposed of me, right? But I guess if her family is really desperate, they can pay me for my time. Because there was a time, presumably, when I would have risked life and limb and moved heaven and Earth to be by your side no matter what, so if you threw me away, it's not my fault that I'm a winning lottery ticket and you just made the biggest mistake of your life. Real life has real consequences.

• Of course I may not be with her anymore but that don't mean I don't care about her.

• I think this question needs more options. If you ended with your ex badly, or if you ended with your ex on good terms.

• Wow, the guys are split.
    Anyway, who GAF? Why the convoluted story? [shrug]

• That's strange I watched that last night on YouTube.
    I would visit I'm not a complete fuckwit.

• of course

• ex means ex communicated.

beweare of those who keep in constant touch with their exes. its baggage

• That is if you ended badly. My exes are in my life just as friends. We sure as hell aren't trying to get back together, but if I were in hospital, I don't doubt they'd visit and vice versa. Not everyone is an a-hole when they break up. Some people just realize it wasn't working as a couple and can remain friends.

• If she is not a cheating bitch I would

• We break up ut dead to me unless we have kids.

• if u said no u petty AF

• Nope, once it's over then it's over. If I break up with somebody then I would make it very difficult to impossible for them to ever contact me again so they don't keep reminding me that we had been together.

• We broke up? Welcome to this world...
    67.media.tumblr.com/.../...2tGJUS1ula3hwo1_250.gif

What Girls Said 8

• I would have visited. Just out of humanity.

• I've never personally been in a situation where I ended on such horrible terms with an ex, so it's like a no brainer for me that I would have gone to see them, but of course everyone's relationship and break up is different. I'm just not one to want to kick you when you're down. Just because I visit doesn't mean I want our relationship to start back up... like you said, just out of humanity.

• I had a really bad breakup lmao.
      But like a couple months ago my ex got into a car accident and when I was notified I still like asked about him and tried to offer help and my sympathies. I don't want him back and he's blocked everywhere now lmao but still.. It's just showing kindness to someone who used to once mean the world to you.

• well, I mean more on the side of like someone else mentioned, he was physically abusive towards you and that's why you broke up... I don't think someone should visit in that case no matter how bad they are hurt in hospital.

• Depends on why we broke up. If he was abusive and horrible to me than definitely no

• I wouldn't

• If I was asked, yes. Would I do it willingly? Depending on why we broke up I might, otherwise no.

• yes I would have been there above anything else going on.

• If he asked for me I'd be there unless the requests that I'm not.

• *unless the family requests that I not go.

• My ex-husband and I had an amicable break up, we're still good friends, and he came to visit me last time I was in hospital. I would definitely visit him too. We still love each other, just as friends now, not in a romantic way.

• If he got shot up on my side of town then yes
    If anything else then no