Is it true that guys take longer to start missing their ex after a breakup than women?

• True
    35%(7)40%(21)Vote42%(14)
  • False
    20%(4)32%(17)Vote39%(13)
  • Results
    45%(9)28%(15)Vote19%(6)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the guy and the particular relationship. But, my theory is women focus and will think about it a lot more than most guys will, so that's why it seems like it "takes longer"

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• Studies show that women get over breakups far, far quicker than men do. They also are the ones to dump the other person in the majority of relationships.

• I never missed them... I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

• Not really. Depends on the level of feelings. For me it was immediate. And got very very bad. Then eventually less over time.

• No, we take less to move on. Why would you miss someone 3+ months after breaking up? It's been over for months.

• for me sorta I shut down for a while after a hard breakup. about a month or 2 I start to seek attention from people then after I realize what im doing I break down

• It depends on the relationship, and who ended it. If it wasn't a happy relationship or the guy ended it, then he might not miss his ex at all

• Not true... my girlfriend broke up with me three weeks ago and the pain hasn't stopped, never felt so alone and hurt, but she's blocked me on everything, going out every weekend getting smashed, like i was never anything, im stressing like I've lost everything

• No, because every person is different. Some girls can quickly get over breakups and some guys cannot. There is no set formula based on gender.

• From what I have seen, mostly yes

• depends

• Usually men take longer to miss the person while Women deal with it right after breaking up and get on with their life with the passage of time.

• Nope, we broke up last night and I missed her immediately.

• Just like to mention that it will also depend who breaks up with who.

• But take longer to get over it in my experience.

What Girls Said 0