Will he treat his new girlfriend better than me?

I was with my first boyfriend for almost 6 years. He broke up with me due to long distance reasons we struggled with for 2 years. He did want me back but I turned him down out of fear and met someone new. I've been with my new boyfriend for a few months now and he treats me a lot better than my boyfriend. He makes me very happy. The break up wasn't bad and we kept in touch.

I noticed my ex wouldn't talk to me as much any more. Found out he had a girlfriend of 1 month. I'm wondering if he treats her better than me...

He always had money issues and I had to deal with it

He only did what he felt was right in his eyes even though I was hurting

He was kinda selfish in bed and thought about his needs mostly

He was rarely affectionate. He was very sweet in the beginning, but most times he wasn't.

He did seem to have feelings for me even when I had a boyfriend but it seems he is finally moving on since he found someone new. He wants to keep in touch still and not cut ties but he said for us to talk less. I'm just going to cut contact until I feel I have no feelings whatsoever.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 2

• Selected as most helpful

The honest truth? Yes he is probably going to treat her better... The reasons are because after 6 years with you, he probably has learned what he should and shouldn't do with a girlfriend. As we get older and have more relationships, each one tends to be better than the last. This is because we unconsiously have gotten a bit picker and tend to weed out the qualities we don't like a find someone who has more of the qualities that we do like. When you are young (teens and early 20's) I feel like relationships are a period of gaining knowledge of what you ultimately want. As you grow to learn what you want, some girls or guys tend to try and change the things in their partner that they don't like, which in return only brings frustration and anger to both people... People can change, but they shouldn't change because you don't like something, they should change because they don't like something. Chances are if there are more things that bother you about someone, than you like about them; they are not the right person for you, and your relationship will eventually end. Let go of your ex and take the 6 years as a learning experience :)

• Yeah. I don't want to be one of those people several years from now that still hasn't let go. lol..

• I know it's hard to stop thinking about him, but you have to in order to move forward in your own life as well as with your new guy :) It's not fair to either of you...

• That's the sad thing is that I don't want to stop thinking about him and stop caring. But it's probably what I have to do huh? I don't like letting go of people in any way... I hope we could be friends somewhere down the path in life..

• Show Older
  • meh, this is really not a question you want to ask yourself after a break up. Seriously you probably don't want to know the answer.

• Hopefully. Everyone should learn from relationships and improve.

• It all depends on how he feels about her and comparison to you. Some say that people can do anything for love, well for the right person I believe that to be true. If your ex is in his currently relationship now and loves her then probably, but if he is in it just to get some sort of fulfillment in his life then he will probably treat her the same way if not even worst. But if he treated you bad why would you want to know about his relationship?

• I don't think he treated me bad but I don't think he treated me his best.