Treat Her Right, She's a Keeper [Because She's Hot]

I'll keep this brief, as I usually do...but it's rant time.

When I was in high school, my good friend at the time had a boyfriend...and she would get mad at him for everything. I mean it. Everything. I felt really fucking bad for the dude to be honest. Every time she would have her tantrums, she would go off on a rant about how much better looking she is than him and how he shouldn't treat her badly because of it. It took me longer than it should have to finally tell her to get the fuck over herself.

This sentiment is often expressed by third parties as well. Following the same example above, after we had it out over her vanity...we made up as teenage girls do, and when I went to a sleepover at her house I heard her family telling her that she “shouldn't put up with shit” because she's too pretty.

Most of us have been in a shitty relationship or two. Some of us are probably in one right now.

Could just be me, but it seems too many people assume that “good looking” women deserve to be treated better than others. I don't see this so much for men, but feel free to comment with any examples. I'm sure it's not unprecedented.

Especially when it comes to infidelity and abuse (but we aren't talking about abuse today). An “average looking” housewife can get cheated on, and people express their sympathy, but it in no way compares to the outpouring of sheer anger when a model hot chick gets screwed over.

“How could he possibly cheat on HER, she's gorgeous!”
“Who the fuck does he think he is to cheat on HER”

Let me break something down for you: When you're in a committed relationship, treating your partner badly in any way is not justified by reason of your partner's attractiveness. It is not worse to cheat on or mistreat a more attractive woman.

GASP

Being pretty doesn't entitle you to better (or worse) treatment.

Commie, out.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 60

• Thing is... beauty is the gold coin of a woman's value. That's life. It's like how women are fiercely attracted to the sort of guys who have game and are the sort that might cheat on a hot girl... because it demonstrates higher value, brashness, etc.

It's life. Attractive women are more valuable in dating than non-attractive women, just as a Channing Tatum lookalike would have more value in dating than those nerdy fat guys who sit around a table at college playing weird laptop games.

• noiiiice. yeah society does put beautiful people up on that pedestal. :P

• For once I actually agree with you lol.

• Your high school friend is a bitch!

• She is. I told her to fuck off for good after high school haha. Because of uppity behavior like that.

• That's going to be my official sign off for mytakes lol

• Simple yet badass! Good call!

• fitness, breeding stock, all that shit, and hormones

It's valued in a partner

But maybe sometimes irrationaly so, and I'm sure media/social culture plays a big role onn that

• I agree. But selection of a partner is different from feeling like someone is more worthy of a healthy relationship once they are in one.

• No, ur right

but now days in these "casual" relationships,
      it's all about falling into a relationship where one settles and hopes to come out on top in the relationship

U bargin with what you got

• ok yes yes

• It's simple. No matter how beautiful a woman is, someone somewhere is sick of her shit.

I'm a guy. We have the numeric advantage. A bitch gets on my nerves, I trade up.

• You nailed it!

• Beauty is skin deep.
    Ugly runs deep to the bone.

I feel sorry for your friend.
    - Aging will be exceptionally difficult for her. The agony of her first wrinkle
    - She too blows bubbles in the bathtub, no more nor less fragrant than mine
    - An ounce of weight gained is a pound of despair
    - She makes no deposits to her emotional bank account
    - The universe is indifferent to her looks.
    - Her entitlement is a false god and will betray
    - Unloved, she will die unwept, unhonoured and unsung.

• Basically, if we stop judging on the outside appearance, this world will be fucking awesome. I like your takes.
    wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/.../thumbs-up.jpg

• Being pretty doesn't entitle someone to be treated better, it just happens to be what people do. Pretty girls are more likely to be let off the hook for being assholes, being dumb, being a bitch, etc.

This is why I love it when those women who are awful but pretty get older and lose their looks and start getting treated like shit. They start wondering why people are not as willing to accept their stupidity, ignorance, rudeness, or bitchiness anymore. They desperately claw at attempting a personality but end up just being pathetic and sad.
    It is the flip side to your post... just because a girl is pretty shouldn't make her feel like she is entitled to be an awful, stupid, ignorant, snobby person because she thinks she's special. If you want to get through life based on looks, you deserve the future you will eventually end up with.

• Waitaminute... no... did you just say that... no way... In a slightly round about way did you say that prettier girls *really do* think they can and should get away with any sort of behavior... Or did you just say that society and individuals *tell them* that they can and should, but not necessarily that they *actually* do such a thing?

• So after I read every single answer as well as this whole rant I finally came to conclusion that most of the so called "hot" girls are attention whores (-_-). Just before you start bitching me over what I said remember there are a lot of exceptions.

Just to add my another two cents, I'm not surprised some guys go for average or chubby girlies as they are easier to get into relationship with as well as you don't need to put up with that whole bullshit/drama/jealousy/constant arguments etc.

I'm not surprised that our humanity and race is screwed over and aliens are scared to visit earth, after all, we would probably kill them as soon as we would see them as they are different colour and have weird eyes.

• I, personally, have never heard anyone say that prettier girls deserve to be treated better, but I can see it. Just like I have seen girls treat guys better based on how attractive he is. I've been told that I'm a fairly good lookin' fella.. and I have noticed that girls tend to be nicer and just overall treat me better when I put my best foot forward in the looks department. Meaning that I try to look good by wearing the right kind of clothes, being either clean clut or groomed really well vs when I just throw on clothes and am in the middle of growing out my beard so it's all unkempt. So, considering I have personally experienced being treated better when I actually look good, I can believe that there are people that think that a girl that is pretty deserves to be treated better. The more attracted someone is to someone else the easier it is to be forgiving and to treat them better because there is an invested interest, however, once a relationship starts. . . that should be thrown out the window since you've gotten to the point of knowing the person for who they are rather than how they look.

• Believe me girls could be just as shallow as guys probably worse, I remember oneday I was watching TV and my sister was deciding between 2 shows and one was "Friends" and the other was "Supernatural" and I tell my sister that she already finished Supernatural but she said she wanted to watch Supernatural more because the guys were better looking and the guy's on Friends were ugly. I have many other examples but this one comes to mind... yep looks matter especially when your young sadly

• It's surprising when a super attractive girl gets cheated on because the immediate assumption is that guys cheat for sex only, and who would want sex with someone else when they have this ridiculously hot girlfriend?

Of course a closer insight into cheating is it's partially a desire for sex but also has an emotional aspect to it. Which kinda ties in to the thought that "just because she's pretty doesn't mean she's a nice person."

Also, I have never in my life heard anybody say pretty girls *deserve* to be treated better. The only thing I have seen related to that is pretty girls sometimes *will* be treated better by those around her because she can manipulate people with her good looks and charm. But as far as relationships go, if people don't already know that good looks don't justify a shitty personality, they need to grow up.

• In my experience, girls who talk about how good-looking they are usually aren't all that good-looking. Usually decent-looking at best.

• Lol your highschool friend reminds me of my ex girlfriend.

• The reason people do this is because they don't realise if a guy can get one hot girl, he can probably get others. That girl saw something in him, so what's to stop other girls from seeing the same thing?

• There was a girl who wanted me really badly and I just wasn't into her, she was too young and immature for my liking, despite her being very beautiful. She kept telling me how desired she was, how popular she is, how all the guys want her, she was the head cheerleader, and I kept turning her down, she couldn't believe it and simply did not understand the meaning of "no," she had never been turned down before. After months of bugging me I finally agreed for one date, I ended the date halfway through telling her she was everything I feared she was and that there was no chance of us being together.

• More from Guys
    40

What Girls Said 26

• A friend of mine yesterday, was like yours. She would give him the silent treatment, tell him to leave her alone and was causing a really pathetic argument because she wasn't getting her way. He was constantly trying to make her laugh, make compromises for her etc but she wasn't accepting or appreciating it. She's younger than me so that could explain her immature behaviour but it really bugged me. He's clearly a nice guy that respects her but she's treating him like shit, then goes on to act like nothing happened. She's totally messing with his head. I totally disagree with that. Some people don't deserve others.

I agree with your rant. I think good looking girls get better treatment from men because the man wants her so he'll do anything to get her so he naturally starts treating her like royalty until he does get her or her attention. The more men who like her, the more of that good treatment she gets and the bigger her head gets. It's like a domino effect and is something we can't do much about unfortunately.

• Yeah, it's actually quite similar to the cycle of domestic abuse. The abused party feels they owe the abuser, made the abuser that way, or are responsible for fixing them. In my own personal experience, it's hard when it is the guy in that situation, because people don't feel sorry for a vulnerable man in nearly the same way they do a woman. This was shown quite starkly in DV against men videos, where bystanders immediately assume that because the woman was beating the man, he was a jerk who deserved it.

• @OpenClose I wouldn't say it was abuse, she was just being immature and wasn't enforcing proper communication.
      @Mesonfielde Most likely not.

• Yeah, I meant it has the same subtexts.

• Exactly. If the women wasn't pretty, people wouldn't feel as sorry for her, or might even treat her worse. I think that shitty behavior is what made me lose faith in humanity. Women, regardless of looks, should be treated equally. Great take. I agree with you.

• i just love this take!! nice job Commie!

• Yeah this is so true... the average girls like myself get screwed over and it's just brushed off. I have to be kind all the time too otherwise I'll just get dumped or something. But if the girl is pretty then guys will put up with a lot of shit and the girl can basically do anything and it will be OK. I see it on this website daily. Guys putting up awful behavior from girls and then they blame us and say we go for the "bad guys". Lol.

• HAHA I never even thought of it that way, but holy shit so true.

• Every girl I look at I just see her. Some girls have the same eyes she does, others have the same nose she does, or the same lips, hair, etc. If they dont have something of her's, then they aren't as attractive to me.

Why even have a girlfriend when I will just pretend the new girl is her. Its not fair to either of us.

• @DaddyRollingStone

I understand... well I'm always hoping I'll meet the right guy for me. But I also have a specific "look" I tend to fall for.

• Well look at the entertainment industry. It's full of mostly beautiful people.

• Beauty can only be valued for so long.

But it's true, especially in third world countries that the beautiful people get better treatment, better job prospects, better suitor prospects.

It's a tale as old as time.

• doesn't matter how hot and perfect you look. You don't really have to be special and you could still get treated like shit

• Awesome rant. 100% on the money

• I knew a girl like this as well. After he left her and eventually dated someone else, she cried to my friends and I "How could he leave me and go out with HER?" as if that other girl wasn't worthy. The other girl was cute, nice, smart and funny. Not a supermodel knock out like the other, but way better in my opinion.

• It is only natural for someone to see a gorgeous girl and wonder why someone would cheat on her. It is just natural. It doesn't make them a bad person or anything.

I don't know what the point of this was... to bash how pretty girls get treated better than average looking girls? Not their fault they are pretty and society treats them differently.

I think, it isn't "pretty" girls that have the family saying they don't deserve the shit... it is the "spoiled" girls.

• That's so true. But it's not only in relationships. People tend to be more interested in you when you're good looking, whether you're just friends, working together, etc. This is so silly. I had a friend once who told me, speaking about this other girl, "I can't stand her, she's even ugly!" and I was like "WTH?"

• lol this is so true I've something like that happened to me too. what I noticed is that even guys treat other guys better if they are good-looking which is weird. maybe they are gay deep down and don't know it yet.

• I think your Take applies to anyone who is in a relationship with someone who is "out of their league" regardless of gender.

Back in high school when I was fat, I dated an athlete who was very attractive by most peoples standards. I cannot tell you how many times someone would tell me that I should feel "lucky" or "grateful" to be dating him (because fat girls are like totally undateable, obviously). It didn't matter who had started the argument or what my side of the story was, people, including my friends, thought I should always be the one to apologize and sweep it under the rug.

One of his friends even encouraged him to cheat on me (he didn't) and said "dude, c'mon it's not like she's going to leave you even if she found out. Who else would date her?"

• So many men cheat on their, beautiful, kind wives who love them with some scrappy looking city pigeon whore. I don't get it.

• Honestly I don't get it, either. A lot of times it is an imbalance of libido between partners.

But to me, the idea of cheating feels like it so deeply corrupts everything in how you think. Split personas, manipulation, paranoia, it's just not worth it.

And yes, women cheat, too. It's often the best people who are cheated on, because they trust their partners the most.

• People cheat because they want something they're not getting from their spouse. Maybe its attention, maybe its thrill, maybe its just sex.

• Ahh I act like this all the time. I thought most girls did it. Is it really just a pretty girl thing? I'll go apologize to my exes asap lol!!

• First of all a woman being so pretty only lasts fro a few years there Avery narrow window of time where that " charm" can be used it's really flimsy and in no way Compensates for all the ways women get fucked over for being women.

Second why feel bad for him it's his choice he could've dumped her.

Third you've got so, e taste in friends :p I'd have dumped her a friend ever since the first time she insisted she deserve anything bc of how she looks. Vain people can't be trusted bc deep down they had no confidence and cowards will sell their soul for affirmation.

• This is so true it's sad. Although, girls like that give other attractive women a bad name. I have met many wonderful, bright, gorgeous young women that I have the privilege of calling my friends, that would never in a million years behave in such a way. I believe an integral part of this mindset stems from how these women were raised and how they are treated by others who find them incredibly attractive. As for the cheating aspect, it's a horrendous thing to do to someone a person "loves" and you're absolutely right, attractiveness should not play a role in determining how bad that particular act of cheating was.

• It bothers me how much people will treat others just based on their looks. Guess what? That hot girl is a human being and stinks up a bathroom just as much as someone who isn't attractive. Just like everyone else.

• It's true, people value beauty a lot. And not only when you're talking about romantic relationships, even if someone dies you'll hear people say "That's terrible, she was gorgeous". So what if she wasn't gorgeous? She wouldn't deserve the same sympathy? This is just another example. So many people stay in difficult relationships and abusing relationships just because their partner is good looking.

• I don't think guys would want to see ugly chicks in porn though. Beauty is a like a value currency that maybe for life if that person was born with it. They will always get their foot in the door. For anything they desire to pursue.

• I see LOTS of ugly chicks in porn. They have good, plastic and surgically made bodies. But I hardly ever see pretty ones.

• Beauty is only needed when needed, its far from your currency analogy

• Lots of ugly chicks does not equate to all the chicks that does porn.

• Amen to that!!!

• More from Girls
    6