Men actually really like short girls!

Men actually really like short girls.

Alright this has been really getting to me. I LOVE short women. I find them much sexier than taller women. I love 5'1 women the most because I feel manly and protective. However, women on this site seem to be insecure about their height if they are short and I just wanted to give you my insight.

Hollywood tells you that you have to be tall right? However, Hollywood is COMPLETELY one sided. Think about it, if most women want taller men, how do these tall women, 5'7 and above, date and find taller men. I am personally 5'11 and I have had 5'7 women try to date me, but in heels they are 5'10. At that height they begin to feel more like a male friend than a woman.

Models have A LOT of trouble dating because if a model is 5'7 and she wears heels then she will be taller than the average man which is 5'9 in the U.S. The vast majority of men wanting taller woman is a moronic fallacy, since most women want taller men, women assume men want taller women, WRONG.

The average women is shorter than the average man in America. Most women WORLDWIDE are 5'4. I personally find the ideal height for my women to be 5'1. Sex is amazing at that height, I'm a dominant. The vast majority of men would feel uncomfortable with a taller woman standing beside them because it makes them looks less masculine because women are typically smaller, so according to sociological conflict theory men who look shorter are more feminine, so a 5'9 man dating a 6ft woman, makes him look less masculine.

This is why the VAST majority of men, NOT ALL MEN, want shorter women, because women are shorter on average anyway, which makes it look awkward when women are taller.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Girls Said 82

• Of course a lot of men love shorter women, because it helps you guys cope with your insecurity over your own height.

If you're short, a short girl will look like she "fits" with you and your penis won't shrink as much when going out with her.

Luckily, not all men are little bitches and don't give a flying fuck about a girl's height. I'm 173cm (5'8-5'9?) and my boyfriend is 6 foot. If I wear any types of heels, I will usually be the same height or taller. Does he care? Fuck no, he thinks I look sexy as hell, encourages me to wear heels more often and has even bought a few fancy-ass high heels for me himself, because he's actually genuinely secure and confident in himself and doesn't feel like his hurr dee hurr masculine ego is gonna crumble over something to trivial.

I feel sorry for men like you. It must be hard being a teenage girl in a man's body.
    images.encyclopediadramatica.se/.../...rr_hurr.png

• Hahaha! xD +1 :D

• if he was shorter would you have continued dating him fairly?

• Of course. My previous relationship was with a man that was nearly a whole head shorter.

And I honestly don't understand women's obsession with tall men. Kissing a tall man for too long is impossible, because after a minute or so your neck starts to get sore from being tilted. I get a strain from tilting my head and he's not THAT much taller than me.

The best combination is when both are pretty much the same height.

• I am 5'8 and I find this quite one sided. I mean you are basically telling tall girls that most guys feel less of a man around them. And it would not be the case if men would just feel secure enough around tall girls. I mean how can a tall girl come and take your manhood away just with her height?

I'm sorry but in comforting short girls you really bashed tall girls. Maybe it was not the point but you did. I just think you showed everyone that you have a problem with your ego. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but your masculinity shouldn't and cannot be taken away from you that easily. And you shouldn't blame it on someone that has really nothing to do with it.

You've become just as bad a Hollywood in this take.

• The real question is would you date shorter men?

• I have and and I still would so yeah. both are different and I mean I would date someone for who they are not their height ! My mother is taller than my father and I know a lot of couple like them !

• Yeh dont worry , height can be factor for a lot of people, but not all. But for every girl, there is a guy and vice versa. Im 6'2 and i prefer girls anywhere from 5 to 5"10. Shorter or taller would make me a bit uncomfy tbh. However i conpletely disagree with the threathening. Masculinity part, height does not equal masculinity.

• You are talking about Hollywood ''issues'' but yet you are blaming tall women that they're tall and unattractive and that every single man in this world prefer short girls. Double standard much? Fuck you. ''The vast majority of men would feel uncomfortable with a taller woman standing beside them because it makes them looks less masculine because women are typically smaller'' well boohoo, are you gonna cry now? Get some fucking confidence instead of blaming tall women. Oh, and fuck you again.
    i1062.photobucket.com/.../niggah.gif

• I don't care. The vast majority of women aren't as shallow as you, thank god.

• However, the vast majority of women do VERY much care about height. That is one shallow thing. They don't tend to care about money as much.

• If tall women are basically like men to you, that's just your personal perception. Not every guy has that opinion, not even the ones who prefer shorter women. But then where is the line for femininity drawn in that case? Being feminine is mostly about character and how she conducts herself.

Guys on this website LOVE to say they aren't as picky about height as women are, but they are. Most generally want short women. At least you have the balls to admit in this MyTake, unlike everyone else. What bugs me is when some state their preference for short women, but then in other posts they criticize both short and tall women who say they like tall men.

Hollywood and the media in general is where we have gotten the idea that a couple consists of a tall man with a shorter woman. So people follow that idea like sheep because it's what celebrities do - they think it's what all couples have to look like. So where does that leave the short men and the tall women? Usually left in the dust because there aren't many people who are cool with dating them simply because of their height.

I'm a tall woman who hates wearing heels. Even at that, I'm 6'1" while barefoot. Can't do much about it, lol. In the past I've had guys tell me I was too tall for them to date and that's fine. I get it - it's weird for most guys, even if they're still taller. That's their issue though, and not mine

• I love this. Because guys on here are always complaining about girls liking taller guys but they won't hesitate to say that they want a short girl.

• That is why I love taylor swift because out of all the men she could possible have she dates shorter men ( so much) and taller men. I personally like shorter women but taylor is so humble.

• It's perfectly okay to like short or petite women or at least a woman shorter than yourself. But it should be stated without saying there is something wrong with taller women.

• Lol, we all know that guys generally prefer shorter girls.

Just saying, I'm 5'8, all my guys were dominant. Being tall doesn't make us masculine.

• I disagree because I keep seeing posts on here about short women feeling insecure about their height. So with that logic a man being short doesn't make him less masculine?

• No, it doesn't.

• @take owner one of the most masculine man I know is 5'6". Mind you a man being tall doesn't automatically make him masculine.

• "At that height they begin to feel more like a male friend than a woman."

What the hell is that? So what, my tall female friends are guys to you? How the hell does height equal masculinity?

• you could have told your preference without taking sides or telling that tall girls are not hot or sexy... i m 5 7" and all the people who compliment me everyday are i guess blind.. everyone is perfect and beautiful the way they are born.. ok.. you dont get to tell everyone what they should think.. and you were feeling bad for the girls with short height.. so now you want to make tall girls insecure? is that your point?

• He bashed one group to make another feel better

• I have no real preference.. A pretty girl is a pretty girl regardless of her height. I tend to look more at body type and if she is tallish and slim then that to me is just about right..

• yes... i agree.. he should not have bashed the tall ones to make the short ones feel better.. everyone is good and perfect in their own way.. @sexyphil

• I'm 5'10", I wouldn't change my height for anything... but I get what you're saying. I've seen a few of these questions, too. It always confuses me because I always thought being short was a pretty common preference among men.

• I will never understand why people feel the need to shame people who don't fit their ideal

• I guess you better start following me around to make sure you tell all the guys who stop me on the street to tell me I'm beautiful that they're wrong because I'm too tall to be hot 😱

• I have a feeling you've got some height issues yourself. Of course there are men that prefer short women but this doesn't make any sense.

• Thank you for making my point "No shit.. Guys like girls who are shorter than they are.. so thanks captain obvious"

• The vast majority of women want taller men though, that is my point. Finding someone who doesn't is optimistic

• So you admit that this bothers you then? Still no reason to go and insult tall women. I agree that a lot of women like taller guys, yes, but hey you like shorter girls too so no problem right? A guy doesn't have to be extremely tall if the girl isn't either. But why are you even worrying about this because when you are in love none of it matters. And as I was saying, there are girls that prefer short guys. We don't even have to have this discussion because every person is different and what we say about it isn't going to change anyone's personal preference.

• "I am personally 5'11 and I have had 5'7 women try to date me, but in heels they are 5'10. At that height they begin to feel more like a male friend than a woman."

You mistook their gender because they are tall? You are either really stupid or just really insecure. She was still smaller than you in HEELS but you still felt emasculated? Get over yourself

Oh, and thanks for stating the obvious dude, really insightful.

• I've never felt bad about being short...
    I'm 4'11, and I'll admit, certain tasks are more difficult, reaching the top shelf, seeing more then just my shoulders and above in the bathroom mirror, having to sit on books/pillows when driving etc .

But I actually don't know what I'd do if I were tall... it'd be weird, I don't think I'd like it, not even a little bit. How am I supposed to live the dream of having a hobbit house built if I'm tall? Like, that would totally mess it up.

As for what guys think, I find it almost amusing how many short girls think that guys prefer taller women. I mean, sure, Hollywood helps the thinking, but in real life, I never get how they just don't notice that guys prefer it...
    I mean this might even be a bit shallow, but personally, I am VERY hesitant to make friends shorter then myself (rarely is a problem), due to the fact that most guys do prefer to like shorter girls, so if I'm not PARTICULARLY attractive and hanging around average height girls, or taller, then that might be what gives me an extra something to "compete" with the other girls.

More women need to learn to use height to their advantage... work with what you got

• I am that height too... :) :) around 4'11. 5 ft

• For anyone who thinks that women aren't competitive. This just goeas to prove them wrong. They even want to be the best looking among their friends. Guys could care less, as long as there is beer and bitches, lol jk

• As a 5' 11" female, doesn't really matter how tall guys are, as long as they treat me right. However, since the "VAST majority of men" prefer shorter women, I'll just prepare myself for the life of a cat lady. Bet the cats don't have a height preference, since ya know, having a height preference is petty af. Also, I saw further down that tall girls would rather be short, cute, and curvy... that's a negative. Some tall females appreciate looking like a model, so... However, most tall females that I know are already curvy, including myself. Speak for yourself, ma'am.

• Honestly, looking back at this, this all just sounds like a thinly veiled child fetish. But you know, do you sir. 😂

• no i just don't like my women looking like men

• Im glad Im tall 💕

• Models have a lot of trouble dating?
    Lmao.
    It's fine if you like short girls, nobody cares. However, it annoys me when one talks negatively about a particular group of people (in this case, tall women) just to prove a point.
    If a man feels less masculine when he is with a woman taller than him, that just shows how insecure he is.

• It is not just about the man feeling less masculine standing next to a tall women. It is also about a tall women feelings less feminine since she is taller than a man. As a result, most women wouldn't date shorter men. You probably wouldn't either

• Being feminine or masculine isn't about height, it's about personality. I've seen masculine girls that were short just like I've seen very feminine girls that were very tall. Short guys need to get over their insecurities. If you're a very tall guy and you act like a chick, I'm still going to think you're feminine, regardless of your height. And if you're a very short girl and you act like a dude, I'm still going to think of you as masculine.

Height is irrelevant when it comes to being masculine or being feminine. It's about how you act.

Also, I've loved a dude for two years, and he has always been shorter than me.

• Everyone definitely has their own preferences. I'm 5'9 and I love it. Nothing wrong with a short girl and nothing wrong with a tall girl. If someone doesn't want someone else because of their height, then someone different will definitely come around and be accepting of it. That's how it is

• how does height change what gender you regard them as? makes you feel less masculine?

the problem is in you.

• No the problem is in how society portrays men in hollywood

• The fact is, height plays a big role in how people perceive you and it plays a little role in how well you do out in the business world. That's just how it is whether you like it or not. I'm not saying it's a good thing, and I'm not saying it's a bad thing. But just because you want to be politically correct about it, it doesn't mean anything. Height means a lot

• @Melcart23 you must be new here. i'm the last person anyone would call pc here. i don't give a fuck about height and don't see why anyone would.

• I noticed that most guys indeed only take short girls.
    As I am really tall for a girl (and a model actually lol) - I've never even had a boyfriend since the guys who fancied me so far were all shorter than me and I just thought HELL NO - Just funny how it's always about what the guys want like nobody ever asked us tall girls if we'd actually rather date a 6ft+ guy or not we just end up having to take what we get - which is usually shorter guys than we are ourselves! I think that's just not fair lol and to be honest if I had the choice between a shorter guy (5'9" or less) I would very likely rather stay single forever. I'm just wondering where all the tall guys at?

• I agree with you. The modeling industry is definitely one sided. However, the average man is 5'9. You are chasing an ideal image of a man that you will most likely have an insurmountably hard time obtaining because I meet your height requirement but I would NEVER date a woman that tall.

• Height is a lot to do with genetics too though - most people in my family are tall.

• Yea, it does but nutrition also plays an important role

• I don't know why men or women care this much about height, boob size, weight or any of this other shit people make takes about. Most men like women who are pretty to them, women with small boobs/big boobs, short, tall, skinny, softer, it doesn't even matter that much most of the time, sure men prefer certain things over others but a lot of them can still find a variety of women attractive. I'm so tired of these pointless battles of the looks.

• More from Girls
    62

What Guys Said 59

• " I am personally 5'11 and I have had 5'7 women try to date me, but in heels they are 5'10. At that height they begin to feel more like a male friend than a woman."

You sound insecure and castrated--what a pathetic statement that your masculinity lies in the height of your partner!

How ignorant and sad it is that you rely on the short height of your romantic partner to feel "masculine and dominant"... not from actual masculinity and dominance. I weep the loss of testosterone and manly character in this new generation of imbeciles.

• Most of society is like that. Society is who tells you that you should be tall.

• That alone is what would make me refuse a date with a type like that. I'm not the problem but if some guy is going to be freaked out that I like my heels at times (the highest being 5 inches) and he can't get over that ''But I have to be much bigger than her''... I'm out.

• but you do prefer taller men @Vesuvius87

• They feel insecure because you literally just shamed one end of the spectrum of women. It's stupid pieces like this that make women feel like crap. You literally just compared women who are 5'7 and above to being a guy...

• Lol the average height for young men is more like 5'11, and for young women, it's more like 5'6. Face it, people are getting taller.

I agree, it does seem like men prefer short women. Even guys my height (6'3) and taller, it seems they like short women.

I, however, prefer tall girls and I LOVE tall women. I just think they look better. I also notice they usually have a better waist to hip ratio.

• HAHAHAHAHA, yea right. You have extremely jaded views. Of course you think that because you are 6'3.

• I disagree, you are just being modest. 6'3 is definitely not common. It is based on your vantage point, which is bound to be jaded.

• @Take Owner You're wrong regardless. The younger generations ARE taller (established fact.) And since I'm taller, people actually LOOK SHORTER. I know many men my height and taller.

• Tall girls are the best they hold weight better than short girls

Tall girls are all over media and video games
    Samus
    Ivy
    Zelda
    B'Orchid
    Peach

Tall girls make T&A look better than short girls do

I'm only 5'10 and kissing tall girls is easier than short girls I don't want to strain my neck because my girl is a smurf.

And LOL you place your masculinity in the height of the women Haha its good to know most G@G men are still fem haha

• OP you do realize you are defending the group of females that only date tall guys 6ft+ right and you are 5'11

• 1, ur taking a huge dump on tall girls just for the sake of ur rant, shame on u

2, I'm 5'10 about average, not too short, not tall, above 5'4/5'5 is tall for a girl

only really tall girls are gonna be taller than average ht guys, and there's plenty of taller guys for them, cmon now...

3, I'm a man, i have a dick and a man's body, unlike some, I'm not immaculated because a chick is above 5'4

The fact that u are... it speaks volumes about ur masculinity

• Clearly, it is society that emasculates you and attempts to define your masculinity

• LOL. It's kinda obvious OP has some level of insecurity about his own height...

I find women of all heights can be attractive if they rub me the right way (if you know what I mean ;) ). When it comes to actually dating a woman taller than you, yeah there's a little bit of awkwardness because of what society expects and demands of us as men/women. As far as I know, women do prefer a guy who "towers" over them, who can physically present themselves as a protector or whatever... Makes sense, and us men prefer being the taller one because we get to play that role more naturally because we simply are taller or bigger than the girl. It just feels more "natural". But if you can open your mind and realize that such a thing is trivial in the grand scheme of things, then it shouldn't stop you from doing anything with that person, dating or otherwise. Height is a just a number!

If you try to not let that affect you and you try to have a good time... you can go a long way with that attitude. Plus hey, legs for dayyyyyyyyyysssssssssss HM.

• I understand not wanting to be with a girl who is taller thaan you when barefoot but why do you give a fuck if she's taller in heels?

Girls in the 5'7-5'9 range are hot, so I think you are only hurting yourself by writing them off.

• They are hot to you because they are wearing heels to you. They care if you are shorter when they are wearing heels

• I think they are hot even without heels. Maybe the girls might care if they are taller in heels but I dont.

• Short girls think guys only want tall women... Tall girls think guys only want short women. Most guys just take what we can get lol

• I don't care for short girls. =/

• Then I would ask a tall women if she dates shorter men, see what she says, you are being unilateral

• I like and prefer tall women because I'm tall as well.

• I prefer women over 5`5

• Im actually 6'1 when im in uniform, my boots make me around 6'3-6'4.

I personally like shorter girls. Now dont get me wrong i also like tall girls as well. Its just i really love hugging girls who are shorter than me for some reason i really dont know why. I remember having a friend who i always used to hug for no reason at all.

• I do agree that shorter women shouldn't worry too much about their height. Unfortunately, it seems like the shorter dudes and the taller women are the ones who report height-related difficulties when it comes to dating.

Me personally, I don't really care that much about height. I'm a little taller than average at 6', and as long as she's shorter than me I'm good to go.

• HAHAHA, you think your average at 6ft. Don't let Hollywood skew your perceptions. The average man is 5'9 in the U. S.

• Well, I said that I was a little taller than average.

• 3 inches is a pretty big difference, that is almost a women's heels

• LOL who ever said we didn't like smaller girls? I noticed a long ago that I seem to have a type lol, smaller size and wears glasses, I've been subconsciously dating women with those two features for quite a while lol I've noticed all the girls I date have those two things in common, it's weird.

• Yea, a lot of the women on this site seem to be insecure if they are smaller

• I honestly don't know why they are, like you said most guys like the smaller sized ones.

• Lol fun sized lol ( kind of mean )

• Sex with short girl is pain. I didn't like it. Other than that, okay.

• I'm glad you left the little message at the end, I for one am a 5'8 man who doesn't like short girls. There's a height & weight limit to get on this ride ;)

• i am 5'10'' and i like girls close to my height 5'7-5'10'' to be honest, a little more than me is also fine but 6'+ i frankly feel bad about my own height lol, but i do find them attractive being tall and all, now the fact is most men i know they like short girls but this is my preference, i actually know a 5'8'' girl and she's gorgeous, like supermodel level gorgeous, she was complaining that she wished she were not more than 5'4'' lol coz she thinks its easier for them to be "cute",

• and yeah never be under the impression that girls feel insecure about their height because they can't get men, the only reason height would disturb them is if they wanted to model or something or they were under 5', most of them know men like them shorter. Height insecurity is more of a male issue

• "Men actually really like short girls! "

In other news, water is wet ! Stay tuned while we discover how air is...*gasp* transparent !

• I keep seeing posts on here about shorter women having insecurities about their height, just wanted to let them see this

• The majority of women are insecure when they are tall as men don't fancy them.
      The majority of men are insecure when they are short as women don't fancy them.

Sure there are exceptions... but this is the rule for now.

• What I like most about short women is everything is compact and often they have really thick legs and big butts!!!

By the same token, I also love the thick tall women. Being physically intimate with them seems like it would be a challenge almost like a kinky wrestling match lol!!

• More from Guys
    39