Men actually really like short girls!

Men actually really like short girls.

Alright this has been really getting to me. I LOVE short women. I find them much sexier than taller women. I love 5'1 women the most because I feel manly and protective. However, women on this site seem to be insecure about their height if they are short and I just wanted to give you my insight.

Hollywood tells you that you have to be tall right? However, Hollywood is COMPLETELY one sided. Think about it, if most women want taller men, how do these tall women, 5'7 and above, date and find taller men. I am personally 5'11 and I have had 5'7 women try to date me, but in heels they are 5'10. At that height they begin to feel more like a male friend than a woman.

Models have A LOT of trouble dating because if a model is 5'7 and she wears heels then she will be taller than the average man which is 5'9 in the U.S. The vast majority of men wanting taller woman is a moronic fallacy, since most women want taller men, women assume men want taller women, WRONG.

The average women is shorter than the average man in America. Most women WORLDWIDE are 5'4. I personally find the ideal height for my women to be 5'1. Sex is amazing at that height, I'm a dominant. The vast majority of men would feel uncomfortable with a taller woman standing beside them because it makes them looks less masculine because women are typically smaller, so according to sociological conflict theory men who look shorter are more feminine, so a 5'9 man dating a 6ft woman, makes him look less masculine.

This is why the VAST majority of men, NOT ALL MEN, want shorter women, because women are shorter on average anyway, which makes it look awkward when women are taller.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 82

• We kinda already knew this already... =)

• I have a feeling you've got some height issues yourself. Of course there are men that prefer short women but this doesn't make any sense.

• Thank you for making my point "No shit.. Guys like girls who are shorter than they are.. so thanks captain obvious"

• The vast majority of women want taller men though, that is my point. Finding someone who doesn't is optimistic

• So you admit that this bothers you then? Still no reason to go and insult tall women. I agree that a lot of women like taller guys, yes, but hey you like shorter girls too so no problem right? A guy doesn't have to be extremely tall if the girl isn't either. But why are you even worrying about this because when you are in love none of it matters. And as I was saying, there are girls that prefer short guys. We don't even have to have this discussion because every person is different and what we say about it isn't going to change anyone's personal preference.

• I love my shortness and it adds to my cuteness.^^ I think of it like a kitteh small, cute, and feisty. I don't like tall guys as in anyone 5 inches taller than me. Makes doing certain things harder and not as much fun because of that.

I never wear heels because they murder your feet and could cause some damage.

• LMAO. Like we didn't know. Every guy on GAG usually says they don't like tall girls.

• Every guy in real life usually says they don't like tall girls too tbh -.-' reason people like me are single..

• so if a 5'8 guy would date you, then you would date him happily?

• @person100 YES!

• "At that height they begin to feel more like a male friend than a woman."

What the hell is that? So what, my tall female friends are guys to you? How the hell does height equal masculinity?

• everyone has his or her opinion
    nice to hear about yours !

• nice take!!

• The reasons you cited are the same reasons women want tall men. And yet men bitch about it all the time. Why?

• I don't know why? Tall women are unnatural

• Okay, I've been on this page for a good 30 minutes now... I'm certain that OP has some serious height issues/strong/BIASED opinion about women's height. Or men's height for that matter. Tall women are perfectly normal people. They just happen to have genes that say "you will be one sexy amazon, deal with it"

• how does height change what gender you regard them as? makes you feel less masculine?

the problem is in you.

• No the problem is in how society portrays men in hollywood

• The fact is, height plays a big role in how people perceive you and it plays a little role in how well you do out in the business world. That's just how it is whether you like it or not. I'm not saying it's a good thing, and I'm not saying it's a bad thing. But just because you want to be politically correct about it, it doesn't mean anything. Height means a lot

• @Melcart23 you must be new here. i'm the last person anyone would call pc here. i don't give a fuck about height and don't see why anyone would.

My boyfriend doesn't like short girls. Short girls are way too short for him. But you're right, most guys prefer girls who are relatively shorter than themselves.

• You're not my type, and that's okay.

I just don't particularly like the big and strong and manly guys.

• Sweet.. That was wonderful! I need to learn to come up with stuff like that.

• Thank you <3

• Ah, the daily struggles of a tall girl. I'd kill to be a short girl. I never really understood why people didn't want to be short tbh.

• Everyone seems to want what they can't have, but own your tallness! 😁

• You should flaunt your height man. The sooner you accept what your parents gave you, the sooner you will learn to like or love yourself. Trust me, I'm old as fuck (26).

Think of it this way, you are STUCK with your body unless you get expensive ass plastic surgery, etc. Your height is there to stay if anything. As a rule of thumb, in life, don't try to change or go against what you cannot control. Work on what you CAN control. These can be your attitude (on being positive/optimistic), your diet (fitness and health) and your hygiene. These things are ultimately WAY more important when it comes to being you. And it will make you more attractive on the inside and that will naturally show on the outside as well.

You're stuck with who you are, so just work on what you can do to make you better, stronger, smarter, sexy, whatever. So what CaitTheBait412 said, own your tallness! :p

• Why are women so obsessed with being shorter than their boyfriend?

• I guess you better start following me around to make sure you tell all the guys who stop me on the street to tell me I'm beautiful that they're wrong because I'm too tall to be hot 😱

• I am a 5'10" woman who can be up to 6'3" tall when I wear my 5" high heels. I have a friend who has fallen madly in love with me, because I am secure in myself & my height. He is only 5'3" tall with a very muscular build. He loves going places with me & showing me off to others, because I have a sense of style & a brain. This man is very sevure in who he is as a man, and is not intimidated, nor does he care what other's think about our height difference. Men who have issues with tall women, tell me... they are insecure with themselves. A secure man can handle a sexy taller woman & loves every minute of it. He also goes wild when I wear my high heels & classy dresses. He's still not bothered a bit by our height differences when I stand at 6'3. :)

• but you are

• You go girl! 👏

I'm the same height and can't wear heels to save my life. And if I was forced to, i walk like a baby cow. Like, one that fell out of it's mother only mere seconds ago. It's bad.

• No, I am not. ;) I love him to pieces also. I love going places with him as well.

• Go short women! 5'0 over here. :)

• Aww, thank you!! :*

• Im 5'1" and my boyfriend is 6'2". He says he either likes really short girls like my height or a girl that is as tall as him like there's no in between lol. He's weird. Sex positions can be kinda hard to be honest and handholding is kind of awkward but at the same time we are hot as fuck so it doesn't matter.

• I'd say you're right for the most part about guys liking short girls. However, "short" is based on the person. You're argument that the average is 5'9 in the U. S. is alright, however, it really depends on ethnicity, geographic location, diet, genetics, etc. I live in a predominantly white area and most men are 5'11 plus, their wives/girlfriends ranging from 5'3-5'11. There are 318.9 million in the U. S. and growing. Saying that MOST men are 5'9 based on an average is just flawed.

• More from Girls
    62

What Guys Said 58

• LOL who ever said we didn't like smaller girls? I noticed a long ago that I seem to have a type lol, smaller size and wears glasses, I've been subconsciously dating women with those two features for quite a while lol I've noticed all the girls I date have those two things in common, it's weird.

• Yea, a lot of the women on this site seem to be insecure if they are smaller

• I honestly don't know why they are, like you said most guys like the smaller sized ones.

• Lol fun sized lol ( kind of mean )

• I have no problem with taller girls and have in fact dated a girl taller than me by quite a bit. All one has to do is stand on the bottom step to kiss her... And you can have sex standing up as long as you use the bucket method of contraception. The guy stands on a bucket to have sex and when the girl feels his legs start to shake she simply kicks away the bucket...

• I personally like tall women better

• Not necessarily. It will depend on the guy's height. I'm 6'2 and I'll feel really awkward around a girl who is 5' or 5'1. It is necessary for her to be at least 5'7 for us to be physically compatible.

• LOL. It's kinda obvious OP has some level of insecurity about his own height...

I find women of all heights can be attractive if they rub me the right way (if you know what I mean ;) ). When it comes to actually dating a woman taller than you, yeah there's a little bit of awkwardness because of what society expects and demands of us as men/women. As far as I know, women do prefer a guy who "towers" over them, who can physically present themselves as a protector or whatever... Makes sense, and us men prefer being the taller one because we get to play that role more naturally because we simply are taller or bigger than the girl. It just feels more "natural". But if you can open your mind and realize that such a thing is trivial in the grand scheme of things, then it shouldn't stop you from doing anything with that person, dating or otherwise. Height is a just a number!

If you try to not let that affect you and you try to have a good time... you can go a long way with that attitude. Plus hey, legs for dayyyyyyyyyysssssssssss HM.

• Speak for yourself. I'm 6 feet tall, and my fiancée is only two inches shorter than me. It works out great.

• Let me guess, you're a little shorty aren't ya? I don't know where you get that the "VAST" majority of men prefer short women. Sure, a lot do, & the VAST majority who do are the little wee short guys. I don't think, & I'm sure many will agree that tall women like Blake Lively or Adriana Lima or the millions of others look unnatural in the least as you stated in one of your comments... shorty.

• well, you proved my point. You named some of the world's top models. Those are the exception not the rule because the AVERAGE model doesn't look like that. I am 5'11, which is very tall in the u. s.

• I'm 5'10" 1/2 and honestly If i see a girl whose 5'7"-5'10" I'd wife her.

• In my case i find it to be harder being with tall girls becuse i don´t feel like i in control over the situation and as a male i think that´s just normal to feel like tall girls are having to big control over the situation. It´s in nature for girls accept males who are more confident than others and by being to tall a male may feel like he isn´t radiating enough confidence. This could be why some males, including me likes short girls more than taller ones. Simply becuse we assume it´s a harder challenge to make a taller girl love than 1 shorter but that´s just my own opinon.

• Lol the average height for young men is more like 5'11, and for young women, it's more like 5'6. Face it, people are getting taller.

I agree, it does seem like men prefer short women. Even guys my height (6'3) and taller, it seems they like short women.

I, however, prefer tall girls and I LOVE tall women. I just think they look better. I also notice they usually have a better waist to hip ratio.

• HAHAHAHAHA, yea right. You have extremely jaded views. Of course you think that because you are 6'3.

• I disagree, you are just being modest. 6'3 is definitely not common. It is based on your vantage point, which is bound to be jaded.

• @Take Owner You're wrong regardless. The younger generations ARE taller (established fact.) And since I'm taller, people actually LOOK SHORTER. I know many men my height and taller.

• I'm 5' 97 and I want to be her 5' 6 - 6' 0)

• But if she was 6'ft, she probably wouldn't want to date you

• I dated with taller than 6'0 before. and I tried to say '' I want her to be...''

• not really i like tall girls <3

• Amen to that

• so would you date a woman who is taller than you by four inches not in heels?

• sure if i love her then anything because height doesn't really matter

• I understand not wanting to be with a girl who is taller thaan you when barefoot but why do you give a fuck if she's taller in heels?

Girls in the 5'7-5'9 range are hot, so I think you are only hurting yourself by writing them off.

• They are hot to you because they are wearing heels to you. They care if you are shorter when they are wearing heels

• I think they are hot even without heels. Maybe the girls might care if they are taller in heels but I dont.

• I prefer short girls but lately in a supermarket I saw that super cute girl which was around my height or a bit higher and I guess I would MAYBE date her if I knew her, who knows.

• I had a flirt with a 6'2, while she was insane and a player. She was also incredibly attractive.

I never forget kissing her on one leg while getting groped on the ass, even now when I know what a crazy bitch she is that memory is forever stuck in my head.

I'm 5'11

• Edit: I was the one who stood on one leg and got groped.

• Wow, awesome, you made a take saying what every women who's able to use their brain should know already. Sadly, most of them are too fucking insecure to believe the truth and instead just feel like shit when just one person, with no backup whatsoever, claims something bad about a trait of them.

• So being taller than a guy is bad? I'm sorry if you feel imasculated by my height. I'll remember that next time im on the lookout for short guys.

• @Aud_Queen When did I say that? Exactly. Never.

• @Aud_Queen the real question here is would you date a shorter man? If so, how much shorter? Because if he is still masculine to you then how much does it matter?

• 1, ur taking a huge dump on tall girls just for the sake of ur rant, shame on u

2, I'm 5'10 about average, not too short, not tall, above 5'4/5'5 is tall for a girl

only really tall girls are gonna be taller than average ht guys, and there's plenty of taller guys for them, cmon now...

3, I'm a man, i have a dick and a man's body, unlike some, I'm not immaculated because a chick is above 5'4

The fact that u are... it speaks volumes about ur masculinity

• Clearly, it is society that emasculates you and attempts to define your masculinity

• Who's the woman in the picture. Seen her somewhere but can't think of her name!!

• Im actually 6'1 when im in uniform, my boots make me around 6'3-6'4.

I personally like shorter girls. Now dont get me wrong i also like tall girls as well. Its just i really love hugging girls who are shorter than me for some reason i really dont know why. I remember having a friend who i always used to hug for no reason at all.

• The only reason why most men like shorter girls, is because most girls like taller men. It's simple logic.

• i think it is the other way around because men mostly control fashion and hollywood, since most producers are male

• More from Guys
    38