Women need to stop whining about 'nice guys'

The root of the 'nice guy' problem

The 'nice guy' simply takes the conventional morality of altruism, the code of self-sacrifice, more seriously than other men do. The problem is, life requires self-assertion. Even basic survival itself requires enough selfishness to acquire food and water. The pursuit of romance and sex, too, requires self-assertion.

But, altruism has been promoted since the beginning of history. So, why has the 'nice guy' problem become so much worse now? The answer is that the culture has become more consistently altruistic in recent decades, one major manifestation being the rise of feminism (it is ironic that feminists rage against the 'nice guys' whom they have helped to create).

A typical feminist ad-hominem fallacy against 'nice guys'. Anything to avoid discussing substantive questions. And, by the way, not very 'nice' of the feminists, is it?

Why the 'nice guy' controversy infuriates women

The 'nice guy' is unattractive to women because of his passivity, and, yet, he is the embodiment of the morality that almost everyone was raised to believe. As such, women's disgust towards 'nice guys' makes women feel insecure in their world-view and indeed very guilty, which leads to anger.

"Did you just say the 'n'-word?"

The attempts to rationalize the disgust against 'nice guys'

One common claim is that 'nice guys' aren't really nice, because, if they were really nice, they would not expect anything in return for their niceness. This, indeed, is true, according to conventional morality. But, no one is really nice, apart from any person aiming for immediate suicide. Remember: even basic survival requires selfishness. But, since there is a spectrum of niceness, women should surely prefer the 'nice guy' as the best alternative to celibacy. The fact that they don't illustrates the fact that this is just an attempt to rationalize the contradiction between their ethics and their sexual desires.

Another claim is that 'nice guys' believe that 'niceness' should be enough to earn a woman's affections. Even if they did believe that, the question would still arise, why is 'niceness' such a turn-off that cheaters, rapists, murderers et al have less trouble winning women's affections than 'nice guys' do? Whatever the lack of 'niceness', real or imagined, of the 'nice guys', will anyone dare to claim that the 'nice guy' is more evil than the rapist or the murderer?

This murderer got female attention after he stopped whining and started killing. I wish that were a sick joke and not the truth.

The solution to the 'nice guy' problem

The solution is the rejection of the false morality of altruism and the teaching of the true morality of selfishness, which means doing what is objectively in one's self-interest, neither sacrificing others to oneself nor oneself to others. The altruists tell us (with devastating effect, as in the above example) that that is not possible: either one tolerates being murdered, assaulted or cheated on, or one murders, assaults or cheats, right? Wrong, of course.

In a rational world, the more selfish men would receive more romantic interest, and, even in this irrational world, I, as a truly selfish man, receive plenty of romantic interest. The trouble, in fact, is finding a woman worthy of reciprocation, in other words a truly selfish woman.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 17

• There's this nice guy who's confident, extremely funny but I think naturally hopeless with women. He has so much respect for women and I find him hilarious which attracts me to him, we have real chemistry personality wise but I don't find him physically attractive so I just can't see myself with someone I have no attraction to.

• women are sexually attracted to alpha males. They are interested in nice guys as long term partners only after they have tried to have the thrill of dating that unusual sexy radical guy who knows how to take charge.

Its OK, we guys try to sleep with as many women a possible before we settle down. its all coherent, I don't see what the big fuss is about.

• Alright i see can you please give an opinion on my question it's about looks and confidence?

OMG this comment lmfao

• Nice guys are like boobs to men.

Women complain about their breasts way more than men do. Men complain about "nice guys" way more than women do.

Seriously just stop.

• The women in real life I remember complaining about nice guys were thought of as "bitches", because they complained about nice guys while having a very nasty attitude themselves.

Admittedly, I think we've all read too many bitter feminist blogs about nice guys and then mistakenly applied that to think that all women think the same.

• Do men complain about "nice guys"? Sure "nice guys" complain about women, but other guys are presumably glad that there are "nice guys".

• Women complain on here about nice guys all the time.

• I see more guys whining about "nice guys" than women. Being a nice person is NOT a bad thing. No healthy minded girl purposely goes for guys who treats her like shit. People need to get this bizarre mentality out of their heads that we as women are constantly on the prowl for guys who aren't nice. Actually we very much like "nice" guys who have positive attributes BUT that's not enough to make us feel a romantic connection. Chemistry and attraction doesn't appear just cause you're a nice person. If that was so then I wouldn't be single right now.

The problem here is many guys who have been rejected get angry and then assume every guy who dates a girl who doesn't like him is somehow a "asshole" or bad guy. Reality is MANY guys are nice people. There are far more nice guys than assholes so likely the girl who is supposedly dating all the "assholes" is in reality not actually doing that but you as the guy assume he's a asshole just cause you didn't get a chance to date her. It's a typical ego thing that I've noticed guys do. They make other guys out to be terrible just for not having a shot with a specific girl and then blame all women for not liking "nice guys".

The issue here isn't women. It's men who can't face rejection and automatically assume it's the GIRL's fault for naturally not feeling romantic feelings towards him. Heaven forbid she just doesn't feel attraction that strong towards you and then it's assumed she goes for assholes all the time and that her preferences are to somehow date a dude who isn't nice just cause you are nice... I'm pretty sure the humor in all this is clear.

• It's clear that you didn't bother to read my myTake. I actually do address many of the points you raise.

• @CancerianMan81 Helping by being accusing and rude? How? Anyway I'm not going to deal with this. As mentioned, I dont have the time to deal with angry people. You are clearly emotionally charged and I'm not falling for bait.

• Sorry the question is close so using you to voice my own thoughts. I do argee no heathy mind girl would stay with a dick but at the same time i think its more then that and here are 4 reason i girl would stay with a dick. 1. he's better off in life then most guy 2. She fall for him 3. No one wants to go through a break up my ex was afraid of it. So am i in a way but only if i lost you as a friend. 4. She not healthy mind aka insecure as hell. Next ill do boys so girls have always told me i seem like a genuine guy which i am but here are some reason i can't get a date or most guys can't get a date. 1. Your not not fun to be around which my new girlfriend pushes me to be social& makes me more fun. Who wants to be with a guy that sucks all the energy out of you. 2. you act or look like a fuckboy. No no fuck boy begone. 3. Your just not good with women or picking up on the fact they like you. 4. your insecure. 5. Your not where u should be in life. Aka no car or just no drive.

• I don't whine about nice guys -- I ask them out. They're keepers, those ones. Once more women realize this, the better.

• "Another claim is that 'nice guys' believe that 'niceness' should be enough to earn a woman's affections. Even if they did believe that, the question would still arise, why is 'niceness' such a turn-off that cheaters, rapists, murderers et al have less trouble winning women's affections than 'nice guys' do?"

Because the nice guys you are talking about here have nothing but niceness going for them - they inherently don't turn many women on. It's not that we prefer terrible people.

By the way, hot and nice are not mutually exclusive concepts - there are plenty of attractive *and* kind guys out there. I still don't get why so many guys seem so stuck on "hot vs. nice."

• So, you are saying that, yes, nice guys are worse than rapists and murderers.

• I JUST WANT TO SCREAM ON THE TOP OF MY LUNGS

• i'm just tired of life and everything in it

• I don't hate nice guys i just don't like it when they start acting like jerks when they don't get what they want.

• and that's the problem us nice guys can get past cause your holding yourself above us basically saying that you're better then we are and all it's doing is make both of us come up empty does that do any good for anybody that's what I wanna know

• the problem is that self proclaimed nice guys are not nice because they are constantly reminding people they are nice, when really if a "nice guy" was truly nice, then he would not say it, he would show it everyday and expect nothing as payback for his kindness.

• There is a difference between guys who are nice and guys who are needy and insecure. Being nice is a good trait to have but being nice because your insecure is fake af. For example: you like a girl and because your sl nice you call her 10 times a day and cling to her when you see her and compliment her all the time. To you it might seem nice but to her it's extremely annoying and she avoids you. Now you're confused and you'd call her a slut. End of story. You have to be aware of the signs that you're being a creep. Limit yourself. Dont call a girl you like a lot and oh... I forgot.. dont be desperate. Dont. Dont complain about your life to her. Dont try to be a bad guy because it won't work and because you're not bad. What is bad? Im pretty sure no one would want to date a bad guy. There are bad guys like cheaters and rapists and there are guys who are thought of as "bad" because they're confident and they have a sense lf humor which makes them talk dirty and act dirty but that doesn't make anyone bad. Girls like guys on motorcycles or guys in rockbands because of their status and that confidence. They're nice but they're assertive too and they dont show they're desperate.

• I do not understand how you came to like any of those conclusions?
    Feminism made guys nice?
    Seriously? When did feminism ever make any guy nice, all it ever seems to make guys on here is angry. Rightly so in many instances, but still... definitely not nice.

And that the majority of women would date "cheaters, rapists, murderers". WTF?
    What majority of women would ever in their right mind date a rapist/murderer?
    I mean you are talking about sane women, and not crazy ones who write to inmates right? How do you think that is the norm?

I mean i get what your saying overall, but seriously? Those two assertions alone make your argument very hard to believe.

I mean i agree with what you said about altruism, but really i'd say it's a difficult world out there. That's the reality of it, and being "nice" in the self sacrificing way you have described isn't a good quality it instead makes you weak.
    Weak because you spend your cash (which in this economy should be something your careful/considerate with) on people who don't need it, to be nice. You give your time and energy, again something that you should care more about, to people who again don't actually need it, all to be nice.
    It's one thing to help someone in real immediate danger, or to help those in real need through charity. That's something to be admired. But to assist out of niceness, to give more than you have or even more than you need to on people who are completely capable and fortunate enough to do it themselves is just a person who seeks approval and validation from others. It's not endearing and it's not attractive. And at no time in history has it ever been either of those two things.

The difference can possibly be put this way, people like good guys not "nice" guys.

• I never said a majority of women would date rapists or murderers. But, vicious men like them do get far more female interest than nice guys do.

Conventional morality is altruism. It demands sacrifice. It is not a case of being 'too nice'. It is niceness as such, the conventional morality, that is the problem.

If you understand why altruism is a problem, then you should understand why feminism, which is a form of altruism, is a problem.

• "Guys should get laid for doing simple favors or just for not beating women up so they don't end up like Elliot Rogers."

THIS bs Is why people don't take phony nice guys well.

• For the record, Eliot Rogers wasn't a nice guy. He was mentally ill and had a huge history of problems that most everyone recognized but couldn't figure out how to treat. Are you gonna say if blacks knew their place, no Dylan Roofs would exist? Or of those dumb little kids didn't need attention so much, Sandy Hook wouldn't have been necessary?

• My philosophy is correct. Your philosophy is fucked up, which is why you sexually yearn for the very thing you consider immoral, which leads you to anger and confusion.

• For the love of god, this again?

Why do we have to label everything? Date whoever you want whether they are nice, preppy, smart, tall, midget, dick splashes or cum bubbles. It really doesn't matter as long as you are happy. Why label it?

And if it's a break up, I've never heard anyone say "it's cause you are too nice". It's an excuse butt hurt men come up with.

Do excuse me, I have to go answer one of the million of rate me, homophobic, racist and religious questions.

• Or a fat/skinny bashing rant, I mean "my take"

• Every voluntary act is a moral issue.

• @myTake Owner

• To be honest, I see more men complaining about 'nice guys' than women. I can't remember the last time my friends an I actually had a conversation about a nice guy.

And I wish people who stop blaming women for what Elliot Rodger did. To even try to rationalize what he did is pathetic. He was mentally deranged, he needed to be in a psych ward, it's as simple as that. Women aren't at fault for not wanting to have sex with him.

• Yes yes yes

• yes they are at fault cause women are the one's that drove him to it and the same way that women are doing to the rest of us men YOU'RE DRIVING US FUCKING NUTS BY NOT WANTING US MEN TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU hows that for justification

• and i don't see no common decency for shit anymore cause you women threw LOGIC right out the window along time ago and anything us men hold dear too and you women are saying oh well let it go that's the way it is

• There is a huge difference between a nice guy, and a good guy. 'Nice guys' are not nice. They pretend to be nice, in order to get laid. When they focus on trying to woo a female, but fail for whatever reason, they turn incredibly bitter, and start accusing the woman of being a whore, slut, bitch, etc. They can't handle rejection, and feel entitled to whichever woman they want, regardless of her feelings, because they view themselves as 'nice'.
    A good guy respects the woman he is interested in, and if she doesn't want to pursue the relationship, he lets it go, without flying off the handle and verbally or emotionally abusing her.
    This can also be reversed, because girls do the same thing.

• You ever think that repeated failure creates bitterness? You ever think that being born a woman does anything but bed arrogance?

• but when us MEN point that out we're just being a JERK

• us MEN don't have a right to point out their mistakes and they just say let it go so that the women can do anything they want to do when they can't understand that there's an atonement for everything you do in life

• Basically whether a woman wants the honest to goodness bad boy or the nice guy, is her business in the same way its a man's to choose the highly intelligent Ph. D or the girl at the strip club with barely a HS education but great boobs. There, it seems, is this constant analysis of what we should or shouldn't want out of men or how a "real man" or heck, even a "real woman" is supposed to be defined. Literally none of this matters. You or 10 Harvard educated psychologists can analyze all you want and try to figure out the who's, why's, and what's of how relationships between the sexes work or are supposed to work, but all this girls only like bad boys and men only like big boobs business is irrelevant because there are nice guys who finish first and girls with non-existent boobs who are with the best of the best. What is the purpose, I often wonder, of writing takes like this or the hundreds of the same polls and questions of why we supposedly don't like this or that guy? What is writing an entire thesis on the matter going to change or influence as everyone is an individual when it comes to dating and both men and women are complicated creatures when it comes to compatibility. There is no catch all to understanding why certain people end up with who they end up with. If some women out there want a bad boy, good for them, that's there business and their life choices. If they're happy, then so be it and the same goes for those who seek out the nice guy and are just as happy with their choices. It's a useless endeavor for guys or girls to trouble themselves with why their certain traits aren't attractive to certain people b/c that's a lost cause b/c adults don't often and shouldn't change who they are to suit someone elses definition of what is attractive, but instead seek people who appreciate you for who the hell you are.

• so the moral of the story is pump more iron, and make more cash. begging for attention is not as good as working on yourself, and getting attention you don't want. a girl this summer was trying to get my attention by being overly nice, same thing. im totally out of her league, she needs to work on herself before approaching me.

• Knowing this doesn't mean you consent to the actions or have to invite them in your home, but women and men alike have free will. If they end up marrying or continuing on in relationships with these individuals, murderers, rapists, abusers, and other bad boy forms, there's not much we can analyze away and say why is she with him and vice versa. They are, they've made their choices, and though we may try and object, they continue to have the free will to do so.

• IT AIN'T A GAME TO PLAY WITH SOMEONE'S HEART THAT'S IMMORAL AS FUCK AND HAS ADVERSE EFFECTS TO LOSING YOUR SOUL FOR IT

• I would say nice guys are actually the worst kind of guy. They're bitter, whiny, secretly hate on women and seem to feel entitled to attractive women just because they act "nice".

Elliot Rodger on your picture there is an excellent example of a self proclaimed "nice guy" who in reality was a creepy psycho. I guess the reason he got more attention after he started killing is because before he was just a creepy weirdo = no one likes that. There are however some weird, broken women out there who has fetishes for the worst kind of people and those are the women that noticed him after the killings. It's not like the normal beautiful blonde girls, who he say rejected him, started liking him after what he did.

Nice guys are not nice at all. They're fake. At least most of them. They are the ones that spread hate against women online, blame everything on feminism etc. Just because they are upset that being "nice" isn't enough to attract the women they want. And by the way - they are not even nice, they are insecure and lack confidence. There's a huge difference.

Also most often these "nice guys" aren't very physically attractive and when they also lack in the personality department they'll naturally have a hard time attracting women. There has to be something about a person that is attractive to attract other people whether that's physical beauty, personality or both. You can't expect that you'll get a lot of attractive women just because you act nice when you're at best average looking and are also really insecure and bitter. Sometimes even creepy.

"Nice guys" are also the kind of guy who'll give you nasty comments if you reject them. Especially on dating sites. They'll send you a sweet first message and when you don't respond (or do but just to tell them sorry you're not interested) they'll start sending you mean and bitter messages calling you bad stuff and telling you what you're missing out on, that he didn't even want you anyway etc. Just shows how fake and "not nice" they are. Do you think this kind of behaviour is attractive?

• It's not that being nice isn't enough. It's that being nice is actually a turn-off, as I explained.

Niceness requires insecurity and a lack of confidence. Pride is wrong, says conventional morality. Was Jesus proud? No, he was humble. He also never got laid.

I think the major rationalization, also implied by your response, can be translated as follows: "Nice guys aren't really nice. [Note: this is technically true. As I said, 100% niceness requires immediate suicide.] So, I'm going to go for really un-nice guys, while claiming I still want nice guys." But, obviously, if niceness really were a value, you would, as I say, go for nice guys, if you didn't stay celibate, which would be even more morally fitting.

• Ah, I see, so, outward kindness is far worse than just being an outwardly abusive or violent asshole, because, with an outwardly nice person, years of rejection, insults, and being treated like dirt makes them bitter and resentful on the inside? Don't worry, it's all good, in fact, I'll admit, if I were more than a simple human, just to make you feel better, I would destroy and kill an entire city full of innocent people, how does that sound? Lucky I'm merely human and nothing else.

• Niceness requires insecurity and a lack of confidence? Bs not only am a nice, respected guy i am very confident some may say maybe even to comnident.

• I actually agree with you on this 100%. A guy I was dating was a really nice guy, but he bored me because he lacked that confidence and strong attitude that I need in a man. I was always good to him, but sexually he couldn't even take control, no matter how much I asked and showed. I left him because he was too passive for me.

My current partner of 3 years, is a very dominant man towards other men and he's very confident and strong. He is a nice guy, but different to my ex. I knew him for ages but never saw him as "husband material", till he kept trying to make me see him for something different and here we are today. He takes charge in sex and he lets me do so when I want. He understands me and respects my space and isn't as clingy as my ex too.

• look at the haters lol. I don't know if they're hating because you agree 100% or because you chose someone who is more suitable for your life.

• your basis of your love seems shallow

• Mmmhh... I think a selfish man is very unattractive. Of course I want someone who is able to pursue their own goals, but if they lack altruism I want nothing to do with them. A balance is necessary, but I have never been attracted to people who weren't more altruistic than selfish, probably because this is the way I am, and I need a partner similar to me. The term "nice guy" has been transformed into a negative thing, applying to men who think that they will get what they want just because they act nice. Being genuinely nice to yourself and to others is very attractive.

• Bear in mind that there is a difference between benevolence and altruism.

Selfishness requires benevolence, and vice versa. Benefiting other people or putting in effort can be benevolent and selfish, or it can be altruistic and selfless. It depends on the context. For example, contrary to what is often said, a good relationship is not sacrifice. It is a relationship to mutual benefit.

What Guys Said 43

• Ayn Rand dating philosophy... interesting. But you make a few fallacies, eg assuming altruism cannot be in a man's self-interest, and that nothing short of suicide can be genuine niceness. However I agree because yes, nature has indeed made it necessary for us to assert ourselves.

• ps I always thought Max Stirner got the concept of egoism nailed down much better.

• Well, then, I did prove it.

You wrote "benevolence/altruism/charity", which implied equivalence.

I have already addressed the false belief that selfishness entails sacrificing others to oneself.

• 1. Not really, it all depends on what you mean by 'superior'. I mean, if you think just living to eat, fuck & shit is superior to the morals, ambitions and purposes we live to life, then that's fine (it's also your subjective opinion).
      2. Sure I referred to those terms since you didn't really seem to be distinguishing between them in responding to my previous discussion points.
      3. Don't believe I ever said this.

• someone's been brushing up on his Ayn Rand

• I am an Objectivist, yes. I am far past the brushing-up stage.

• *unchanging youth

• People who dislike Ayn Rand will find any excuse to malign her. The false claim that she supported rape is actually one of the more-rarely-raised slanders that I have seen. Her views on selfishness and on government's role in the economy attract by far the most negative attention.

• The problem is that "nice guys" believe that every woman has to fall for them because he's nice, that doesn't work like that.
    The self-proclaimed "nice guys" are the equivalent of the vast majority of women today. They think that because they dress nice and have a vagina they are entitled to have men crawling for them, and it doesn't work like that.
    No one likes someone that thinks they're entitled to something just because of who they are.

• what the hell i'm trying to explain to you @XRabbitHeartX

• that's because that's all I see and i'm not accusing you of anything I'm just stating what I'm seeing in women what I have been dealing with okay there's a difference and it's not to discredit women that's not my aim i'm just pointing out the problems so that we don't have this from keep going on

• BUT IT NEEDS TO FUCKING END CAUSE I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE OF IT

• ALL THE HELL US MEN ARE ASKING YOU IS IF WE CAN DATE YOU THAT'S ALL THERE'S NOTHING COMPLICATED ABOUT THAT AND THERE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE ANYTHING COMPLICATED ABOUT IT BUT YOU WOMEN ARE THE ONE'S THAT ARE MAKING IT COMPLICATED

• That woman's eyes look like Anakin Skywalker's eyes in Episode 3 when he turned to the dark side lol.

• *went to grab the popcorn*

• what is done all Feminism put 'Nice Guy' due to all unintelligent mens.

• further proof women dont know what they want

• You might be interested in this article from the UK: blogs.telegraph.co.uk/.../

Apparently girls weren't accepting men as "real men" unless they were willing to kill someone with a knife, and they would brag about their boyfriends' prison sentences.

The only point I have to make regarding "nice guys" is that there are plenty of girls who like men who are nice, and it's usually another factor keeping things from working. No self-respecting man should try to make himself more of a badass to attract women. Reject these girls. Don't tolerate that bullshit. I've explicitly rejected girls for saying a man is supposed to be an "alpha male."

I have little tolerance for those who would overlook a man's evil qualities because "at least he's a badass". And I despise any mentality that says a man should conform to this, or justifies it by saying "A woman is just looking for a good provider and protector". Oh really? Then I suppose women's purpose should be to stay at home and make babies, because men are attracted to "fertile women." Same basic principle.

I am going to continue to be my geeky, goofy self whenever possible, and I have managed to attract enough girls who like geeky, goofy guys, that I don't need to waste my time with girls who think I'm less of a man for being less of a stoic hard-ass.

I would much rather be a Bill Gates than a Kanye West. The nerd has changed the world as we know it into a better place, and healing Africa. The "badass" is basically a baby daddy to a bunch of random chicks, seems to think the world would be better if men were thuggish, and will be forgotten by the time the decade is up.

Men, be your best selves. If that is a iron-pumping body builder, pump iron. If that makes you a quirky scientist, change the world. If a woman thinks you are less than a man, you are allowed to tell her to fuck off while you keep being your best damned self.

• Nice guys aren't altruistic. They're expecting a reward for their nice deeds. An altruistic person wouldn't expect any reward. There is no need to dispose of altruism for selfishness.

A Nice Guy just needs to be assertive enough to make his intentions clear. You won't get what you want if you don't ask for it. There's nothing inherently selfish about this. Going for something you want through a process of appeal and bargaining isn't selfish; going for it without regard for others feelings is.

• Well, as I've said, 100% altruism would necessitate suicide. 100% altruism in the domain of romance would necessitate romantic 'suicide'.

No, sacrificing others to oneself is not selfish. It's self-destructive.

• No, 100% altruism, whatever that means, would not necessitate suicide. Ask your mother about that one.

• I've already explained: even basic survival requires selfishness. So, yes, 100% altruism would equal suicide.

What you mean to say, I think, is that having children is altruistic. It can be, yes, and, if it is, that is wrong. Having children should be selfish: you should have children for the rational pleasure of raising them, which includes fulfilling their needs. That doesn't mean that parenting should never be stressful. Your job, for example, can be stressful sometimes, but that doesn't make it a sacrifice. Perhaps, you long for an alternative universe where values do not have to be earned.

• Somebody's been hitting the Ayn Rand pretty hard. Not that that's all bad, her ideas about respecting individual rights without going all libertarian have some merit.

Anyhow, I would tend to believe that one can be both genuinely altruistic and kind as well as self interested. Caring about other people doesn't mean checking your hopes and dreams at the door. Sometimes though, folks do have to reign in their own desires for other people. That's life.

• If you're alive at all, you're somewhat selfish, as I've pointed out. I've never denied that one can be somewhat selfish and somewhat altruistic. But, the question is, why should one be? I advocate 100% selfishness. If altruism is so amazing, it should be applied consistently.

• First of all, I won't be shoehorned into your nomenclature, so "altruism" is going out the door. A fulfilled life includes right relationship with God and man, a good go at living morally, and happiness, which comes from the first two points. You and I are of equal importance, that means we ought to look out for one another as well as ourselves, which is perfectly possible. We can love more than one person at a time, so why not include ourselves in that? Ronald Reagan once said that "We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone", and he was right. Life has its suffering, everyone knows that, but each and every individual has the power within them to make sure that other people have a chance at living a happy, moral life too. Life is meant to be lived, by me, by you, by the man down the street. "Altruism" needn't be applied consistently because it is a means, not an end. The goal is that every individual be able to live a life full of love and friendship and devotion, everyone.

• Women just need to stop whining...

• I love these posts that stir the pot. Well done and well written.

• Women love a bastard.

• Let me sum this up for you...
    Women are never satisfied. They only want what they for AT THAT PARTICULAR TIME. the women who wish for nice guys have probably had a history or are currently dating someone they consider a "douche". IF they eventually get the "nice guy" they get bored and start craving the douche. The real problem is not the guy, its trying to satisfy an ever shifting demand.

• I think women are just way too judgmental, and make bull shit assumptions about every man who treats them with kindness

people dont appreciate kindness anymore because they think that there is some ulterior motive to an act of kindness.

Since women believe men can't do anything out of the kindness of their hearts they can't handle when someone is just 'nice' because thats the way they were raised.
    i am a kind man, nice guy, but i am nice to mostly everyone. guys, girls, elderly, ugly, i am kind to my fellow human beings. just because i hold the door open and offer to help with your shopping doesn't mean i want a blow job or something...
    i just think its the right thing to do.

• I THINK THIS IS TRUE. I MYSELF BEING A NICE GUY IS FACING THE SITUATION WHERE WOMEN LISTED ME AS FRIENDS BUT THE GUYS WHO BEHAVE BAD THEY ARE GETTING WOMEN.

• This I can agree my friend I been nice to some of my female friends the others are more likely them who treat them like lower class sadly..

• @Chan_Aku_Deadman so i thinl we should stop being mice.

• when do women whine about nice guys? It's always guys.

• 1) Proto-nice guy has no luck with girls due to self magnified personal set backs based either or simultaneously on personality (not that confident/assertive) or looks (they're okay or below).

2) Proto-nice guy grows bitter and wants someone or something to blame (as is Human nature) and adopts the "nice-guy" title.

3) Sees how well the "jerk" is doing and grows even more bitter. He then complains which gets on women's nerves as an instant turn off because men are "supposed to be strong".

4) " Nice guy" becomes the new jerk when he doesn't get what he believes he has earned be it love or passion. The bitterness then rises and their social skills/confidence/attitude, etcetera, devlove to that of a Morlock.

This is usually how things go down: some dudes are just being too pissy which then becomes bitchy and all around petty. Mostly because they overthink things and believe they're entitled to something.

Sometimes things work and sometimes things don't. The "secret" is not to take the hard times personally and allow it to devolve you into some kind of Troll.

• Women just need to be honest about LOOKS MATTERING MORE than confidence personality. Just a fact. I don't care how great your confidence and personality is, LOOKS trump that. These nice guys get upset because they are fed this lie about confidence and personality over and over again by so called dating "experts" "gurus" etc.

• I'm gonna say your statement is bullshit. I've been told I'm cute/hot but many women but never had a relationship form from that and if the girl did want one, it was someone who I didn't like back. I mean looks do matter but no girl is gonna stay with you based on looks alone. Not saying they should either.

• Your statement is bullshit. So what a woman said you were cute, Its possible that the woman was just trying to let you off easy. And LOOKS do matter because when you 1st approach someone or vice versa, LOOKS is all you have. You can't get into the door without looks so therefore LOOKS TRUMP. How are you going to get a gf/wife if you can't even get a date?

• More from Guys
    23