10 Things to Know About Dating A Fitness Freak

Ok, I've had this topic in the back of my mind for a while now, so here we go!

1. Breakfast can be boring

I can't remember the last time I didn't eat raw oats, eggs, or both for breakfast...maybe like 4 years ago? I'm more than happy to make you pancakes, but I'll probably screw them up since it's been so long. This is why I have a waffle maker, it's an easy alternative to pancakes that is surprisingly foolproof. And by the way, orange juice is never in my fridge. It has an equivalent amount of sugar as soda.

Omg, just look at that grainy goodness!

2. Sleeping in is a rarity for me

You know the cliche, "early to bed, early to rise, makes the mind and body healthy and wise" axiom? 100% true. It's very rare I'll stay up past midnight, with exception of Saturday night. And I rarely sleep in past 9 AM. So the whole spoon-all-morning-long-in-the-sunshine scene still happens, but not too long into the day.

Aww, how serene

3. Quality food is absolutely critical

Many conversations will be around food, nutrition, progress towards goals, etc. Grocery shopping is an adventure. We eat, A LOT.

So be patient with me checking food labels with everything I'm not used to buying regularly. One time I went around the store asking each employee where the rice cakes are, after about the 3rd strange look, someone finally knew what I was referring to.

I'll often talk about carbs and grams of protein to get in throughout the day, which I often track on a spreadsheet. When we go out to dinner, it might take a couple extra minutes as I quiz the server on ingredients. I'll also perpetually complain about how far I am from the physique of my dreams.

FYI, these are rice cakes. They don't taste as good as Chocolate cakes in case you were wondering.

4. Ready to be each other's personal photographer?

Most people that are foreign to fitness see a guy preening in the mirror as he is practicing poses for the next show or to assess progress as narcissist. What they don't see is we aren't thinking, "Holy shit, Look at how amazing I look!"

I'm thinking, "Ugh, why the hell are my rear delts so flat?" "One more month until my summer cut, and I'm so not ready" "Great, my triceps' long head is looking more defined than two weeks ago". It's easy to misjudge, but it isn't pretentious pics, it's truly PROGRESS pics.

5. Instead of me having my time playing video games, we go to the gym together!

"Baaabe, do you have to go to the gym agaaaaaain??" ...

We like to date girls that are friendly with the fitness world because then we don't have to stand trial every time we come home from work/school and immediately get ready to go to the gym. We want you to come with us! And even if you don't want to go with us, it's better than me just disconnecting from reality in front of Xbox right?

6. I hope you love the outdoors

We're always up for a great hike, run, anything outdoors to get moving! I personally am obsessed with kayaking and paddle boarding. Anything outdoors, Let's go!!

7. Let's talk about vacations together

I've literally booked a little bit more pricey hotels simply because of the spacious, elaborate hotel gym. If not, then get ready to come to some obscure gym with a guest pass we convinced them to give to us because we are "moving" there soon.

Hotel website advertisement be like, "We have a world class fitness center!"

8. Testosterone

I'll just make this a quick mention so I don't come across conceited. As you can assume, being fit has many physical privileges in life, including a much higher level of testosterone. So enjoy!

9. Abs

When intimate (depending of course, on when that happens in a relationship based on your standards), please give our abs attention! and my arms! Seriously, make out with my abs! Do you know how hard we work for these?

10. Cheat Meals

Ok, let's just take a minute of silence to emphasize the sanctity of this weekly cheat meals concept. The English language cannot describe how amazing cheat meals are. You might think you enjoy Ben & Jerry's ice cream, Cheesecake, and Snickers bars. But until you make it a cheat meal, you'll never appreciate it's true everlasting beauty. It's truly a paradox how restricting sweets makes you enjoy sweets more!

Along with this please don't try to tempt me with your brownie (if you choose) throughout the week, because that is just a cruel, cruel, Satanic practice. Seriously. And thank you Sweet Baby Jesus tomorrow is Saturday. Cheat Meal day :)

Some of these may sound extreme, but you have to realize, fitness isn't a chore we constantly are at a mental battle to keep up motivation with. It's a lifestyle in every sense of the word--it's a part of us, how we are happy and find balance in life. And we want YOU to be a part of it!!

Thanks for reading everyone!

😎💪

ConsultantIsBack is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 34

• Your devoted nature is real. Interesting read.

• Sounds like a terrible relationship to me...

• Eh, ya not for everyone

• Take was nice but it bored me, this comment made up for it.

• @Nik1hil Ya like all accomplishments in life, not for everyone.

• no orange juice?
    no sleeping in?
    ...
    *sigh* I'm sorry, I can't be in a relationship with you.
    It's not me, it's you. :P

• I'll have pancakes and milk ready for us when you wake up, sleep in all you like :P My fast metabolism keeps me in shape. haha

• Abs > pancakes, sorry. Easy choice for me :) But that's just me.

• i've got good ab definition for now, and i've slept in sometimes, had orange juice and eaten pancakes [but not a lot] :)

• Everything as expected...
    With the exceptioin of loving the outdoors - I could never be in a relationship with a fitness freak... definitely not.

But nice take - love the honesty. =)

• Thats it! I am getting my ass back to the gym! I declare publicly a war against myself or my name isn't Carmen!

• Its such a motivating myTake.

I think it is "really" difficult to maintain a schedule with workout, education/job and personal life. Sometimes it burns a person out but getting back to the workout despite the hardness is the key to getting fit. There is some sort of happiness in the struggle which only fitness freaks know. Good luck.

FYI rice cakes a bit salted are tasty.

• Who says that being a fitness freak is an accomplishment. I say academic intelligence far outweighs fitness freak. You're focused on yourself and you think fitness has something to do with academics. It does not. Fitness freaks are usually very stupid. Ask them about the expansion of the universe and they focus on their boobs. This is just another way of dumbing down America. Interesting one of them wanted to play video games another sign of stupidity.

• Good thing you can have both! I graduated cum laude ya little bitch lol
      It's very unintelligent of you to assume something so stupid!

• The exception makes the rule. What do you do now by the way, did you stay a fitness freak for the rest of your life, go to graduate school?

• Corporate consulting. Graduate school for business fields usually means an MBA, which requires several years of progressive work experience, for reputable programs anyways. Luckily though, you can be a fitness freak and still get in. Smh

I've always been into developing myself, intellectually, emotionally, physically. I'm shocked you could be so presumptuous to assume someone can only strive to improve in just one aspect. That's just beyond foolish. And that's putting it nicely!

• Haha! 😂 I think I've met my twin. Minus the testosterone and the abs (still working on those)

• This sounds almost half like my boyfriend hehe nice take😊

• I consider myself a gym freak but I don't adhere to 1-4 on your list. Love me some orange juice babeeee!

• I couldn't be in that type of relationship. I can handle the outdoors but basing life on exercise and no orange juice is not for me,

• It's crazy how much people are freaking out about the damn orange juice lol...
      YOU CAN HAVE YOUR MOTHER FUCKING ORANGE JUICE

I just said I won't have it.

• It was another way of saying a strict diet, that isn't really living life to the fullest. But it obviously works for others.

• I might have a gulp every now and then :)

• Lol I don't care if YOU do any of that stuff and yeah I'll go with you to the gym sometimes, but if you try to drag me there I'll show you how strong I really am lol. As for sleeping in, same thing with going to the gym all of the time. I'll get up early sometimes, but don't tell me to wake up early all the time. As for abs and all of that stuff, you'll be getting special treatment because they're so WOW.

• I really like this perspective. Lots of girls freaking out on my comment board, I NEVER said anything about forcing my lifestyle on them!!!

Thanks for reading! :)

• I wish a fitness freak would consider me. That lifestyle dosen't sound too bad..

• I can definitely make out with your abs babe.

• Finally a girl that gets it Thank God!!
      I was starting to think this site is populated with homely anime girls only lol

• This is me and my boyfriend, we talk about fitness and food (all the way down to macros) all the time as well as gym. We have our cheat days together and when we eat during the week we track everything to make sure it fits into our diet. I'm more precise/strict than he is but we work well and motivate each other to improve ourselves.
    Your take is perfect.

• Hell yeah!!! You'll live longer and having a better happier life than all these bitches freaking out in the other comments lol

• Very very true. My ex was a bodybuilder in progress and my goodness if you're not a fitness freak it's really easy to lose your patience. I hated going out to eat with him. EVERY TIME he had to count calories protein fat etc. At home he would weigh everything on a scale. It was so intense that he would bring his own food to family get togethers.. And don't even get me started on how many turkey burgers some of these people eat...

• I could understand most of those things despite having no desire to do them myself. However, I think bringing your own food to a family get together is a bit extreme.

• That is intense. Much more intense than even me. I don't weigh or bring my own food to get togethers for example.

• Yes lol intense indeed. Now you see what I'm saying? Haha 😊😂

• I'll date a fitness freak only if he agrees to cook healthy food for me all the time ;)

Oh wait the body of a fitness freak 🔥🔥🔥🔥, it's so hot. I guess I'll date one.

• You are 100% correct, people want to look their best without doing the best things and wonder why? lol. And yes, fitness brings out the best bod for sure. Thanks for reading! :)

• raw grains are not healthy. you're fucking up your system.

• Lol I was surprised to read that a lot of ladies couldn't handle that. I would've happy with a fitness junkie because it would motivate me even more to make good choices. It was fun to read this right after working out. Oh, and I know what rice cakes are!

• Yeah tons of girls on GAG are introverted-homely types so it doesn't surprise me.
      Thanks for reading and keep it up!!! :)

• my friend dated a fitness freak. didn't last long. she said, between the slivers of brilliance she got tired of him talking nothing but gym. i've never dated a fitness freak, so i'm curious about the conversation aspect. i hope there will be more to it than that.

• More from Girls
    14

What Guys Said 19

• SLEEP IS WHEN YOU GROW, BRO!!!

lol but seriously i thought the 8 hours was important for muscle development no?

• Sorry but I can't do that I love orange juice and I love sleeping in.

• Lol well your list doesn't have to be mine I guess! :)

• I had no idea people were so into Orange Juice!!!
      I like the orange flavored vitamin water zero, and orange flavored sparkling water. That's basically orange juice!! without the sugar

• Who knows *shrugs*

• Hahaha I had to laugh at 9. That's so true. I asked my girl what part of my physique she was most attracted to. When she said Abs I replied, "you better! With all the work I put into them". Lol. I was joking of course, but it's definitely good to have them appreciated.

• I hardly ever have cause to enter a gym unless I'm doubling with someone... that's why they invented basements and spare bedrooms.

p. s. plain rice cakes are incredibly hard to find where I live- it's rather annoying.

• I will like a fit body but won't be fitness freak,

• Half commitment might get you half results kid

• Well only few people are blessed with enough strong body from inside that they can push themselves to that level. You should be glad that you have such a body, I tried pushing to that level with slow pace a I paced up I even made abes and healthy body, but then I fell sick and everything went to zero.

• Cool Take, by the way, I like fitness girls, that's one of the first reasons why I've started going to the gym ;)

• Rice cakes needs to be destroyed 😂😂😂

• This article is actually entirely true. The best suit for a gym rat is the counterpart I would say :/ Otherwise the time spent on a relationship is too little.

• I haven't been to the gym since June. Need to get back into it! But I don't think I could ever reach gym freak status. I don't think the lifestyle is for me. I also don't think I'd like to date a gym freak either.

• I'm fat so I don't know what I'm doing here.

• Nice take bro

• it would be great to find a girl that is into the keeping fit life style but there is Such a small pool of girls to choose from who are gym rats

• They don't have to be a gym rat. Lots of girls that are my type are into this lifestyle. Basically anyone motivated can be aligned with this lifestyle.

• So who wants to date Anllela Sagra after reading this?

www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/full/470118018.jpg

• Well, you forgot that the sex is exhilarating too. Not if you are the fitness freak... nvmd sex is awesome either way.

• There is only one thing to know about fitness frwaks. Stay the hell away.

OK so I am reading a lot of OCD and narcissistic instructions listed above... whew. Who would want to date that? Seriously.

I dated a tri-athelete for a while. What a joke. The food and lifestyle was void of any fun or spontaneity. Sex had to be planned because God forbid we had sex the night before a long run/ride.

She is not the only one I've known. Gym rats and fitness nuts have something missing in their lives.

It is certainly not a happy lifestyle it is all about control, guilt and punishment. There is a happy balance without all the control issues listed above. Life is about enjoyment, not punishment.

By the way, the sugar in real OJ is just fine. It is not the same as a soda unless you are talking about processed juices.

• So basically you want to justify your shitty lifestyle to me? Dude I don't know u! U don't have to convince me! Lol

• Of course you assume I have a shitty lifestyle because like all "fitness freaks" you need to judge others to fill that void you just can't seem to manage. You are right, you don't know me but you assume I am the one justifying anything. Wasn't my myTake dude.

And I'm not trying to convince you, clearly you have your way set. I am warning anyone foolish enough to think anything you said is a positive way to have a healthy relationship.

If they want to live in a tightly controlled manner and judged by you, hey great. But its not sustainable. When the cuts in the triceps fade, what will be left?

You may look great on the outside but based on your myTake its typical of fitness freaks to not have much going on inside. Your response has proven that.

Plus I will add for the fitness uneducated, you said prepping for your next show. Shredding for that 3% bodyfat is anything but healthy.

• *sigh* another basement dweller on gag arguing and trying to pick a fight over literally nothing lol.

• I just wanna say rice cakes are awful. I'm all for eating healthy since that's what I do but those are awful lol. http://youtu.be/0iAuw5dxQFg

• Mmmm rice cakes

• Sunday's are usually "prep food for the week" days.

• You forgot we need head every hour or so

• Lol, thanks for reading man!

• Didnotread. jpig heuheu. But really, where is "Our relationship would only last a month or two at max if you stop being 9/10 I desided on"