How You Know He's The Right Guy

How You Know He's The Right Guy

I'm not going to bore you with an intro, here are ways to know he's the right guy.

1) He cares about what you care about, a lot

There's something very special about a guy that cares about what interests you. You want him to be the guy that never misses your soccer game or encourages your music dream or pushes you to go after whatever your dreams are. He cares.

2) You can communicate with eye contact

When you're with a group of people and someone says something stupid or funny, who do you look to? The right guy is the one you can give one look too and they know exactly what you're feeling.

3) He's probably more concered about your health and safety than you are

He's the guy that panics if you bump your head too hard or slip down the stairs (And he's also the guy that laughs when he knows you're okay). He's the guy that takes the food out of the oven every time so you don't burn yourself. And he's the guy that makes sure you're not drinking too much (unless you're trying to out-drink each other, then game on)

4) He respects you like a best friend

You're his best friend, and he's yours.

5) He didn't push for sex, it happened when it happened, when both of you were ready

It wasn't something he tried to convince you to do or made you feel guilty for not doing, it was something you both wanted. Or maybe you're not ready yet, he doesn't mind.

So here are just a few things, hope it was helpful :)

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 25

• He's the guy who takes the food out of the oven? I need a drink. LOL

• C'mon let's be honest, the right guy just needs these things
    1) Infinite bank balance
    2) Good looks and big penis

• That's what every guy thinks he needs, and that's what makes you the wrong guy.

• I really regret responding to this. lol...

• We're all thinking it and you said it.

• #2 is a great indicator. It's been proven that when someone laughs, they look at the person they care/like more from the group.

Nice Take, I agree with all. Obviously there are mire things to consider, but these are true.

P. S.: the couple from the second pic... that's true love xD

• If he listens to your childhood stories he probably cares more about you than most people.

• number 5 is such bullshit. only young inexperienced women freak out about this.
    men are going to want sex. that doesn't mean they don't want you for you.
    While dating, I have a rule I don't even say the word sex before she does. I know it has resulted in me getting laid much faster. Typically it is the 3rd date, as that is the sex date. But once it was 1st and once it was 4th. If you hit the 10th date, or 1 month, if it hasn't happened, it isn't going to and you need to move on to someone else. Of course the rules for older, experienced people are different then freaked out teens and young 20 somethings.

• I'm rooting my own horn, but this is how I act towards my girl (I amazingly have a girlfriend, and I'm surprised she chose me):

1) I care about what she has to say and enjoy listening to her talk about her passions. I know her favorite musician and what she wants to be in the future, and I listen to her

2) I always send her a text telling her "I miss you, babe. Love you lots". That lets her know she's on my mind. And she always is.

3) I care about her and her health, and also about her family. Because who knows, this girl may be my wife someday and I should care about her family.

4) She's the girl I would be more than willing to take a bullet for, that's how important she is to me. I'd put my life on the line for her.

5) I treat her like my equal, even though I realize we won't be truly equal because biology and other shit. But I treat my girl with respect, which she has earned.

6) I'm willing to stand up for her and support her when she's down or needs me. Because isn't that what couples should do?

7) I'm not pushing sexual things into her, because I know that might turn her off. I can have a relationship without sex (but intimacy needs to be there).

8) I make sure that I look like her partner, and not her rug. I don't agree with everything she says and sometimes I'm willing to discuss things with her. But I don't yell at her or insult her. Because that kills the love between you two. Besides, I couldn't treat my girl like shit anyway.

That's just my thought here. Just curious what you think about this.

• They sound good to me - If you meet a guy with those attributes, you wouldn't go far wrong.

• please girl... thats something you just can't write a list about...

the "perfect guy" could turn to a monster every minute... you just can never be sure that a relationship works. And lets be honest... it would be boring if you know from the start if a relationship will break soon or later or never right from the start.

• Perfect needs to:
    •Be in touch with her spirituality
    •Not be Materialistic
    •Make you feel like a king when your at your lowest
    •Has your best interest overall

• "how to find a clone of yourself that worships you like god... ."

• you are exactly right on this

• 6. he's the guy you put in your friend zone

• Don't forget confidence. I think none of these things matter if the guy isn't confident. These are all the right things once the two of you are in a relationship but it first requires him to have the guts to even ask the girl out. I think a lot of guys who are sensitive enough to really care about what the girl likes, not to pressure her into sex or respecting you are also too sensitive to ask her out

• Step zero was good looks...

• 'He didn't push for sex, it happened when it happened, when both of you were ready"- FANTASY LAND!!!

• My boyfriend didn't push me. He asked me about it once, early in our relationship, and then didn't bring it up again until I told him, months later, that I was ready. :) Wish more guys did the same!

• My girlfriend had sex then claimed she wasn't ready that's even worse

• Are you ever nice?

• You're right about your points.

• What if i'm all what you said (plus cute and attractive, and she admits it), but this girl still says she doesn't want to be in relationship with anyone, and whenever i try to move she would ask me what i wrong? Why am i not talking to her?

• Because she said she doesn't want to be in a relationship with anyone, plain and simple

• @apple24 I said "there are guys" who would do it not me, i can't argue with you if your comprehension level is this bad.

• Oh okay ): I miss understood! I really hate pushy guys!

• If he is not physically attracted and don't have money then.
    In reality girl or guy not only romantic thinks but also practical thinks count.

• Whose that damn patient? Not today's women that's for sure

• "2) You can communicate with eye contact"

I absolutely love when that happens. It isn't frequent nor with the "right girl", but it's still very nice :D

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 15

• Lol at the bitter dudes responding to this take.

Literally all this take boils down to is "he respects you and genuinely cares about you" but somehow, some way, the bitter as fuck dudes here found a way to get butt hurt by it...

• I agree with all of these points. Lol at all the bitter men who have commented.

• It has nothing to do with bitterness. She is living in fantasy land.

• @alfonsosloan45 real love is a two way street, where both parties are willing to put aside their needs to fulfill the needs of the other person. You seem rather bitter

• @FallOutBoy2001 You shouldn't have to put your needs aside.

• my fiance is absolutely all of those things and i'm all of those things for him. you just sort of know when they're one, you feel it every time you look at them or hear their voice. even listening to a voice mail or looking at a picture of them.

• He respects you like a best friend. That's so true!

• Marry that type of guy ladies.

• Ha, my boyfriend does all of these things

And OH YEAH GUYS

... he's somewhat over weight and BROKE!

• Fantastic MyTake, I agree :)

• Fuckkk.
    All of these is like us, even the first picture. But we both like the same person. It's so weird 🤔

• Guys like that are only myths 😒

• OMG I loved this so much

• I agree on this so so much.

• I felt like tearing while reading this. Very beautiful

• Importantly, since Love is an action as well as an emotion; he/she is the one you choose to Love.

• #2 is soooo true

• Lol all the imature comments from so called "older than you" guys. Hilarious haha