Why You Guys Should Start Rejecting More Women

A lot of guys refer to being in the decider role as "flipping the script" on a girl. By this, they mean to turn it into a tactic. They realize that girls have egos as well and once disturbed can cause them to chase endlessly and give no heed to the actual value of that which they're chasing.

For a man, though, it's the tight rope act of the century. One false step of you pursuing her and the magic illusion is broken. So, instead of flipping the script on a girl, I'm simply advocating rejecting girls as healthy exercise of your self worth and self esteem.

You Only Involve with YOUR Best

You have a finite amount of time to talk to girls, date them, sleep them, let alone make one your girlfriend. As such, you shouldn't be so quick to take what comes easy. God forbid you knab a really "rare" one, you abandon all rejecting power and consider yourself lucky until such a time as something better presents itself.

Yet, by being selective you seldom if ever talk to a girl that doesn't feel rare and checking all the tick marks in your attraction bar both short term and long term. Your whole "pool" as it were is filled with girls that you have a lot of common with and that are very pretty.

It Helps You Realize You Have Value

When you reject a girl for not being what you want, it makes you realize that not every girl is good enough for you. This isn't a mark against her, but rather, again, what you find attractive. You start to believe that a girl you bother talking to must be valuable by the fact that you chose her out of other girls--and, by this logic, you are a source of giving value rather taking it.

It isn't about hurting their feelings that gives you a boost, but rather hurting their feelings is the sacrifice you have to make in order to get what you want. As males, we know all too well the pain of rejection, and I honestly believe a lot of "douchey" behavior like not texting the girl back and even cheating is a misconstrued desire to protect the girl from a face to face rejection.

What men don't realize, though, is that rejection is a necessary part of acceptance. It gives context to accepting a girl and falling in love. If you love everyone then there is no crossing eyes with a stranger from across the room and immediately falling for them. That only is important if it doesn't happen all the time.

You Secretly Want It

What's maybe more important than being with dream girls is being the type of guy that is with dream girls. That guy is different from you because he won't be interested in something in front of him just because its in front of him. Like someone who's dined across the world, he knows a fine cuisine when he sees it. He has taste. You want to have be a decider, not a bottom feeder.

Go out there and reject some ladies, Gentlemen.

pavlove is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 17

• I agree. Reject most women that approach you, fellas! So we learn our lesson! =)

• lol god damn it you know that's not what this is about

Sometimes I think you need to get a different brain Pavlove, so you could see how the things you right come across. I agree with LittleSally that it does sound like that!

@feminismisnarcissism And you're supposed to be that great guy? Hahaha Mmmmmkay...

• A man can't reject women if he doesn't have women approaching him to start with.
    which is true for most men, especially those on GAG.

@WillowTree it actually does happen in real life, i'm living proof. I've had girls put me in the friendzone but since I got in shape and developed more confidence the girls that once rejected me are now flirting with me, now i'm in the position to reject them and I love it. Yes, i may be in shape now and I may be more extroverted than i use to be, but that doesn't mean that i am a totally different person.

@Eric644 You're living proof that improving yourself can make a world of difference. Had you stayed the way you were, you'd still be friend zoned. (If your story is true.)

You have a finite amount of time to talk to girls, date them, sleep them, let alone make one your girlfriend. As such, you shouldn't be so quick to take what comes easy. ****God forbid you knab a really "rare" one, you abandon all rejecting power and consider yourself lucky until such a time as something better presents itself.****

And then they question why we hesitate to sleep with them on the first date. Too many games.

I agree that it makes no logical sense for a woman who's looking for something more to hook up on the first date.

consider this though... a lot of rejection comes in the form of being a bad or average lay... would you rather be told you're not his type before or after?

If it came down to that, I'd be judging him just as much as he's judging me. If I feel there's no sexual compatibility or felt his performance was lacking with no potential to improve, I'd be just as willing to walk away from the whole relationship.

• 2|0
  • Rejecting every women you meet in hopes of securing a supermodel only works if you really really good-looking, lucky, supernatural attraction abilities (in spite of looks) or are loaded. Otherwise, that is sure way of ending up alone.

• Or you could just buy one... simple.

please!!! it isn't all genetics!!! Some of those victoria secret women actually are on a strict fitness regimen, if they werent strict in fitness, they would probably not look like the way they do. Very few people actually look like that with just genetics, if you were put on their regimen I would guarantee that you would at least come close to what they look like

Thats true^

• I agree actually, good take.

• There's a difference though. Some guys get girls making the first move all the time, and those guys sometimes do reject girls they don't want. Other guys, like the majority of guys on here (I know because they complain about it so much) don't ever get approached in the first place to ever be in the position to be able to reject anybody.
    Guys who get approached don't get overly flattered and get gassed and just say yes to everybody.

what do you mean by first move? women flirt with me all the time and i just usually ignore them.

• I'm a women and I'll take your advice and start rejecting some men.

• I'm so glad I found a real man before all this bullshit started spreading lmao 😂 I feel sorry af for the single women.

• 😂😂😂😂😂 Bitter how? Because I'm glad I don't have to deal with these games. you def jumped the gun with the name calling and the insults 😂

• @Unit1 well real man was a weird term to use. every man is a real man. I'm glad I found a man that doesn't subscribe to this way of thinking before it starts spreading 😂 Because this is crazy to me.

• I understand :)

• This is true..
    It reminds me of my lover man!

My partner hasn't slept with a lot of girls but all his exes are STUNNING.
    I knew when I met him that he wasn't an easy catch cause he didn't ogle at girls in a bar and was confident in his abilities (footballer and dancer).

I snooped his old messages and girls would offer themselves on plates - but it seemed to turn him off.
    He's not your typical hot guy. But he takes care of himself.

Until he met me and relentlessly persued me with them hungry eyes :p
    I was doomed to fail the way he wanted me. Specifically me. No one else.

• So if you reject all women... are you going to start going for guys?

• lol where did i say all? just cuz you don't got what it takes doesn't mean other girls don't

• and OPinion Owner-I love how you femisplain everything so we men can comprehend your greatness ROFL

• i didn't realize men accepted any woman in the first place. i assumed people go after people the are actually interested in i guess bc i only do that. i dont see the point otherwise.

but yea i agree. dont date people that are not of interest to you.

• yeah there are these men that have no real preferences and just fuck anything that comes along really. we can call them sluts.

Well some guys are desperate

• Stop hitting on anything that moves, that would help men as a whole. The main reason I would reject random approaches (and I would reject guys even if I thought they were attractive) is because I either saw him just get rejected by another girl or I know he's going to go hit on someone after me, so I'm just on his list of attempts. He can go fuck himself. When you stop hitting on everything the things you hit on will actually feel like you genuinely like them instead of just being the person that didn't tell him to go suck a dick.

Desperation stinks and trying it on with everyone is desperate.

• And I bet u have never had a man hit on u lol I can tell by ur attitude u are single

• see you get this take perfectly !

• @grace9876 nothing wrong with being single by choice... single in that way usually means juggling is the only difficult aspect of it.

• Who knew there was so much plotting and conscious decisions. Makes me wary of pursuing a relationship if everyone plays games.

• Yeah, I think most guys lack standards these days. I think it's partly because our society labels a guy as a jerk if he rejects a girl. It's kind of unfortunate. I'm not saying that you should deliberately reject a girl for fun, but if you are not into her, just know that you are not obligated to accept her.

Yeah I rejected a girl once (well I didn't realize I did she didn't blatantly say do you want to go out? so I didn't really realize what she meant until a mutual friend who knew her plans was talking to me about her asking me out... anyways moral of the story is that all my friends who knew/found out about it just started asking me if I was gay and calling me a moron for passing up getting laid. (to be fair I would have said yes if I knew what she was saying because I knew her a little and she came across as nice and friendly.)

• I m sorry all I got from this is that your a horrible person

• This is a great take! It makes certain women who have been rejected feel like there is something wrong with them or that they aren't good enough! Regardless of appearance or personality.

Thank you for those of us who have been badly hurt by this behavior. You have just justified all of the way that men can treat a girl badly...

• And yet you ignore that girls here try to send that exact message to guys all the time?

• Why would you want to be "good enough" for someone when you can be someone's dream girl?
      Just cause one guy rejects you, that doesn't mean another one won't think you are absolutely incredible.
      You shouldn't expect everyone to love you cause it won't happen. People will love you for who you are not just because.

• @Mayamoon02 Thank you for that, hon. You're vwey intelligent and intuitive. I hope that you've found someone who sees how amazing you are. :)

What Guys Said 36

• Guys are already rejecting women, just not in the way you mean. When a guy picks and chooses which women he's interested in and makes a move on, he's obviously already rejecting the ones he's not into, even if she's into him and wants him to be into her.

All the talk of guys not having standards doesn't really add up. In many ways I think guys can have MORE standards than women, seeing as a lot of women get into bad relationships a lot more than men do. What does that say about their standards and decision-making? Out of a desperate need for love, romance, or connection, they get with guys who are no good.

A guy doesn't have to reject like a woman to be a rejecter. What you're talking about can really only apply if more women were approaching men, which many do not for the large reason that they DO fear getting rejected by him.

• A girl might agree to talk to any guy who's cute just to see what he's about, but quickly reject him if she sees something she doesn't like, gets bored, or feels she could do better. I'm saying that many guys feel like... say a woman calls you by the wrong name by accident and she's hot. The guy will be like... whatever I'm not going to stop talking to her because of it. I think in such an instance a guy should be like you're a great girl just not what i'm looking for right now. It's a hard rejection of her and it means he has taste and he follows that taste. She's just being social and in the process confusing a few names... and he happens to not like that about her and thinks he can do better FOR HIM and so doesn't go along with it.

• that's probably why i don't put up with much bullshit

Funnily enough girls getting into bad relationships largely stems from what we define as a bad relationship. For most men a girl who just wants to have sex is fine but most women view that as abhorrent. As far as physical standards women have been proven to have higher standards than men.

• "What's maybe more important than being with dream girls is being the type of guy that is with dream girls. That guy is different from you because he won't be interested in something in front of him just because its in front of him."
    If I like someone and think that there is a chance for a relationship why the fuck would I reject them

• because maybe they're good but not great? i'm just saying a real man considers his options before getting settled in a relationship with Marginal Mary

Rejecting just for the sake of it is stupid in my opinion.
    I think guys should stop settling for women that are less than them, which is a very often occurrence.

If the woman isn't what you want, it's not as good as what you know you deserve, then reject her. It's pretty simple.
    You can't lower yourself just to have a girl.

It's just about doing what's gonna be the best for you. No games, no bullshit, just what is right for you.

i can't reject a girl, i respect them, and give them chances, unless she's not my type or not attractive.
    im no jerk.
    but i get your point reject them so you dont seem to easy so they can have an excuse to walk all over you, treat you like some big joke, and ditch you. aka playing hard to get.

no no no reject them because you deserve to have a standard more than just cute

Screw these haters man - this is solid advice. It's about that mindset. Not being easily impressed sets your own standards high. Every man and woman should have high standards and we wouldn't have all these complacent relationships where both parties let themselves go.

i love it. I have to say, whenever i reject a woman i feel empowered , especially if it is a woman that rudely rejected me in the past, i absolutely love it.

a lot of girls don't even have egos generally but gain themas a result of their looks and advances from guys and dating experience. If I girl is playing hot or cold , or u activate nice guy mode and she's fucking up get up and leave her. Next her with no contact and let her learn not for your sake but for your fellow brothers sake. Peace

manginas of the world, start having some self respect!

90% of guys on gag are in no position to reject anyone.

Its ironic , I used to do that in my teenage years, if I knew then what i know now, I would have not rejected that many I regret doing that immensely. I think I dont have dating skills and have bad luck, its hard for me to even get a number now a days, there is no way I would reject a girl even if she is far from pretty

I agree guys are pussys nowadays

So are women only slutty/less innocent to guys who treat them like rubbish?

I like this take but worry that you end up rejecting a lot of ppl!

Can u help me out pavlove? I wonder if women are only dirty to some men? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2078940-do-women-categorise-men-are-they-only-truly-dirty-in-the-bedroom

• These don't apply to me because the only women who approach me are the ones who will get rejected anyway. No amount of booze or desperation will make me sleep with the elephants that have hit on me in the past.

• If you need to reject someone to feel better about yourself you are just a loser and deserve to be rejected be the world. Just work hard on improving yourself every single day and don't give a **** what anyone else thinks of you. Then you will make some real progress! 90's Hip Hop & R&B is so much better than the crap they put out today and who in their right mind especially Drake tries to duel EM. Drake you make Canada look bad. Get your neighbor Gordon Lightfoot to Battle Em at least he has some real lyrics to spit! Choads go home! :)

unless it is a woman that rudely rejected me in the past or a woman that i feel is stuck up (she either looks stuck up or gives me that vibe- uses mini purses, wears aviators, etc) than she deserves to be rejected and I proudly do it.

• meh.

If I want it, I want it.

• Of course, I always reject all the ugly, fat and nerdy girls, but that didn't help me in getting my dream girl, because I'm out of her league.

There are some cute nerdy girls out there though, id take a cute nerdy chick over a hot bitchy chick any day.

Gamer girls and anime fan chicks is what I meant, there are some pretty ones out there.

@Eric644 I agree :D

• did that a couple of times, except the last one i felt Always like i was givin em a good ol attitude adjustment - im no longer your Butler not a second choice, see ya princess!

yep!!! Agree, i am also an ex-nice guy, i realized girls don't like good guys so I decided to be a jerk and low and behold. We must stop giving them all the attention in the world, some guys think that by being the shoulder to cry on and being nice, the girl will realize that you are a catch, sorry unless you want to wait till you are 40, it isn't gong to happen any time soon. So men, change your attitude, there is a reason why the asshole always gets the girl, learn from one of them and change

@Eric644 im not saying you got to be an asshole man. just raise your standards. be unwilling to being played and tricked into mind games and other BS. if you spot her doing that or telling lies - #NEXT

Agree

• To be clear, in order for us to do that, they must first start making the approaches...

• THIS IS SOOOOO TRUE. You took what I had been thinking and manifested into print. Thank you.

The reason I agree with this is that quality is better than quantity. Plus, if you accept everyone then you wear yourself out. However, by setting boundaries, you allow yourself to better utilize your time. This is what hot girls already do. They reject anyone just to screen out the losers. Lesson learned.

• Lets be honest, the men who can reject women somewhat frequently aren't exactly lacking in self esteem or feelings of self worth to begin with. Being picky with your partners in all honor, the whole concept here might not apply to those who would need it.

• More from Guys
    16