3 Tips on Getting Back Together

3 TIPS ON GETTING BACK TOGETHER

No matter why you broke up the issues should be resolved prior to getting back together with your ex, otherwise you are basically putting lipstick on a pig. The lipstick is bound to come off in the future again and you will be back with the same problems. Here are a few suggestions if you are thinking about remaking a commitment to your ex:

1. Learn together and stay together. You and your ex must constantly be learning what to do and not to do from your previous relationship experience. The mistakes that were made are in the past and you need to do things differently this time around. Communication is key and you both must agree to be heard and to not just dismiss each other.

2. Must have some COMPROMISE. Give and take is crucial. It cannot be one person always giving and the other one always taking, balance is key. Agreeing to disagree must become a cornerstone in your relationship. Knowing that you don't have to agree on everything will be a healthy path instead of a destructive "I am right" "you are wrong" path. You need to also give each other space. Make it mandatory. Do not get rid of all your friends just so you can tell the other they can't have theirs. Friends or no friends space must be given for a period of time. The old saying is true... absence makes the heart grow fonder.... and more appreciative.

3. Appreciate each other. It is important to take some kind of action in order to indicate where you are both going now that you are back together. Appreciating one another is something that was probably lost in the prior relationship due to taking advantage of one another or the boring comfort that a relationship can sometimes provide. Compliments, hugs, spontaneous calls can all be a great start in really showing that this time is going to be different.

Getting back together is never an easy task. I have seen it done successfully and not so successfully. Hopefully with these tips you can do it different this time. Communication and honesty is always important. Communication and honesty without the fear of being dismissed is NECESSARY. Respect one another equally and most of the time little arguments don't turn into big ones.

If you liked this MyTake give it a big thumbs up! You can always reach me at www.onlinedatingsuperpowers.com and on the Gram @onlinedatingsuperpowers.

1215
coachTanthony is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Most Helpful Girl

• Only get back together if you're sure it's what you want. Not because you don't want to be alone, that's just disrespecting yourself. And don't make decisions in the spur of the moment, that always ends up ugly.

• Very true! Thanks!

• I can tell you are a very nice gross person by your language. I speak the truth young girls. I know you female in your teens and early 20's love to tell people off. Mostly female using males to benefit their self.

• Don't worry @MikaC98 he honorable man of God word. He American. Goodly English his native tongue. Young female only what young boy genital. You disrespect marry man. He pray for you.

media.giphy.com/media/zZeObPA6iavF6/giphy.gif

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps the most important thing is to remember why you broke up in the first place and ask yourself, "has anything really changed?"

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 11

What Guys Said 14

• Well, I need to get someone first in order to get them "back" :D
    Good take tho :)

• Nice mytake and very good points.

• Alright. Dont think I'll ever get back with an ex but I think these could be applied when a "break" happens.

• Nice take

• Tips on Getting Back Together After Break Up

BY NATALIE ARTON RELATIONSHIPS RATING:

There are many reasons why people break up. There are many reasons why people stay broken up, just as there are many reasons why people get back together.
    What are your reasons for getting back together after a break up?
    If you are afraid to be lonely or that you won’t meet anyone else – stop and rethink your decision, because you are doing it for the wrong reasons. Sometimes our ex partner or our family tries to "manipulate" us into giving the relationship a second chance. I can tell you only one thing – if the love is over, pity or material advantages are not a strong base, where new relationship can be built.
    However, if you still love and care a lot about your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend, it is absolutely normal to try to save this relationship.
    You should start by apologizing for mistakes you have done in the past. Do not promise to change or never to repeat those mistakes again. It sounds unrealistic and unconvincing. Prove that you mean it by your actions! Make something unexpected to get your ex’s attention back. For example, you can surprise the person that you love with an original gift. If you have troubles coming up with any ideas for the gift, there is always Internet to help you.
    Even if you are the one to blame for the breakup do not forget about your dignity. Do not humiliate yourself by begging, whining or threatening. This makes you look miserable and weak in the eyes of your ex. Weakness and misery are not appealing, on the contrary, they are repulsive.
    Show your beloved one that you are trying to make yourself feel better by staying busy, doing sports, meeting friends or reading motivational books. Try to change things that your former boyfriend/girlfriend complained about. By doing that you will prove with your actions that you are willing to change and putting extra effort in saving this relationship already.
    If you feel that a person you want to get back with wouldn’t mind to go out with you, call him/her and offer to drink a cup of coffee. Do not discuss any of the serious topics. Keep the conversation neutral. Make your ex feel comfortable and relaxed. Pay attention to his/her words and body language. Make sure that the person you want to win back is having fun in your company. If you will be able to achieve that, consider half work done. Everything else depends on your persistence and desire to get back together. Don’t screw it up

• Remember when you broke it was a two-way street. Both at wrong. Self-center causes many relationships to go bad.

• That was informative and can be useful for me in the future.

• i don't think I would ever want to get back together with any of my ex girlfriends.

• Anybody who is actually getting dating advice from this site: NEVER (and The Rock means NEVER) get back with an ex. They're an ex for a reason. That reason isn't going anywhere. Leopards can't change their spots.

• Thanks Jabroni! :+)

• Nice and simple.

• 4. Be sure getting back together is the right thing as there is likely a good reason why you broke up in the first place.

• honestly, why not just move on?

• Those points should be apart of the relationship instead of waiting until the after the break up.

• I'm sending one of my long lost ex's a final email forgiving her for something she did to me a long time ago. In the email I'm going to own to what I did wrong but also tell her what she did to hurt me. It ends with forgiveness.

I'm actually not expecting her to reply, but it would be a fairytale ending if we start talking again.

• I feel that her ability to compromise is important in our relationship

• Every person's ability to compromise is important for making relationships work.

• @samhradh_leannan I was making a funny joke and now it is ruined.