My Guy Friend Is Into Me

My Guy Friend Is Into Me

A few days ago a friend of mine, who I haven't seen since my college graduation, text me to say he missed me. I suggested we get our clique back together and got out for a drink. He said yes but never got back to me.

Backstory: We had a few classes together and became instant friends. As I got to know him better I became more attracted to him. But he was pursuing another girl so I let it go. His relationship with her didn't last long, and on New Years Eve I drunkenly text him and confessed my crush. We talked about it the day after but never visited the topic again. Until, today. He asked me on a date, because he "feels the same way," and he's been thinking about this for "a long time."

Normally I would jump at this sort of opportunity, but I am seeing a guy I met on Tinder. A guy who is very sweet and I really like.

Now I have to decide what I want to. Technically speaking I could date them both at once. I think that would be okay as long as they both knew about each other. Or I could break it off with Tinder guy to see where things go with my friend.

I've never been in a situation like this, and I don't want to mess up my friendship with him by dating him. I also don’t want to break things off with Tinder guy.

Have any of you ever been in a situation like this? What did you do?

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 6

• I think it's fine to be confused, but don't think it's fair to date both. You should keep it casual at first, but with one person. Especially if he's a friend?

Why don't you go on the Tinder and see if you like him, and then if not, go for the friend?

If your friend asked you first, then go for him. It sounds like you do prefer him tho!

Could you help me with mine pls about a friend and a separate crush?

• Don't let them know you're dating both. Get a feeling for who you are most comfortable spending your time with and then break things off with one.

• Date both of them. What the problem? Dating is a process in which which we each determined each other suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship. As long as he know that you and him is NOT exclusive bf/gf yet, he have no right to be hurt.

Give both of them a chance and see where it goes.

That how I would do it. Is this really a myTake? It sound more like just a question lol.

• There is nothing wrong with dating two people at once. What's wrong is letting them believe that I'm only dating one person

• Yes, that why you let them know that you are not dating them exclusively.

• Do not mess with two guy at once. Both guy can be serious about you. I suggest you first come first serve. Since you tinder guy came before your friend came after you, try work him first and your friend should get understanding that you are seeing a guy right now. If you don't like the tinder guy, let him know so he can on his life with another girl

• In situations like this one person always gets hurt so just be honest with them and yourself about what you really want.

• You will probably have to break it off with one of them. But I don't know maybe you can keep one of them as a friend, but it doesn't usually work out that way.

What Girls Said 2

• You are not exclusive Nor Official with either one here, dear, don't say a word I say to the wise. Silence is the golden egg right now. Nothing is etched in stone and nothing as well is for certain but death and taxes, as we all know.
    Don't shoot yourself in the foot with a shot in the dark by giving up 'Tinder' because you don't know where this and the other relationship, which is 'A date' right now is, could go.
    Many of today's toms are sporadic, unpredictable and believe me, will grow cold duck feet quicker than lightening... don't wear your heart on your sleeve at this point in time for any of them until you see where it is actually heading, and feet first, could get you dead in the water.
    Nurse and nurture and Go slow with both Joes' flows and just do as you are doing. Eventually, you will be able to pick and choose because something will tell you "May the best man win" and trust me, the 'Best man' will.
    As far as I see, no one has slapped a ring on your finger just yet.
    Good luck. xx

• As long as you're honest with both guys. It's probably a good way to see whose serious, but at the same time don't string them along :)

• I agree there. Be honest, figure who wants you the most and who you want the most, then decide