It's fascinating to hear what the opposite sex have to say about Dating!

Hello! We just wanted to say thank you to the GaG community for helping us out with the latest episode for our show "Awkward Dating in LA".

For this show we wanted to get the guys perspective and what the Gagers had to say was incredibly insightful. We didn't get the chance to use what everyone had to say (its only a 4 minute show) but we learned a lot from it. Things like, don't judge a book by its cover, women should take the iniative more, be clear about what your intentions are when meeting someone as well as what not to do and what men find really attractive. It was fantasic.

We feel that if women and men had a better understanding about each other and were more open about what they're thinking/feeling, the dating scene would be a much better place. GaG is great for facilitating that understanding.

Feel free to share your thoughts on this episode and the topics we talked about.

Thanks, Ione and Tamara.

Special thanks to @kinstrome @Prof_don @despondency @words_and_wisdom

awkwarddatingla is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 9

• Glad my video response was able to help contribute!

If u need my "donations ", please let me know! ;-)

• I say it sucks and I'm getting fed up.

• Amen to having them make the first move more on every level. It must be nice to just sit back and have men go after you. I would love to have a women come after me like I have to go after them. I tried only replying to women that emailed me first online and that was a disaster... go get'em ladies.

• Wow you're pretty Ione.

• GAG is filled with liars who give unrealistic views of dating.

Those that only have been with 1 partner think they are experts and view their opinions as fact and as the only thing.

They can never imagine anything else other than their own success. which is why they can never help anyone.

They give false hope. Sometimes telling someone that they are a loser is better than saying its okay to have never dated at 30 years old.

GAG other than my self is filled with virgins are liars.

• False hope if the worst

• Well, I didn't start dating until I was 31, and I have a fiancee now. If you had told me four years ago that I would find someone, I wouldn't have believed it.

• Iones a little stick of dynamite. Naughty naughty. I knew what she was thinking about the donation

• I dont approach women because i don't like having my entire value come into question on a single hi. I don't approach women because i know approaching doesn't work and i will just end up being used, and i deserve better than that. I dont approach women because if i dont matter enough to you to break social customs, then you don't matter to me. I don't approach women because pussy is overpriced, and shouldn't even have a price in the first place. I don't approach women because i'm so sick of finding out who they are on the inside that i've come to expect it when i see the outside. I don't approach women because the very act of doing so has never brought me any ounce of happiness whether directly or indirectly. I don't date period, because i find the whole idea of chivalry and courtship extremely sexist and outdated. YOU fight to win ME. Or shut the fuck up.

• Here is my story: I approach women for some reason, even though it never works.

• this wasn't always my modus operandi. i used to be a hopeless romantic. i was the problem. i flattered, them, complimented them, and when that didn't work, i tried to understand them. and there was a period when i did understand them, and i was a player. i used women. i exploited the weaknesses i saw in them, i exploited their narcissism, their insecurity complexes, their stupid little games and their stupid little fallacies. I played along. But there came a point when i realized, i didn't want to fuck a girl at the expense of their self respect OR mine, and that was the only way to play the game. so i stopped. women, you think you deserve someone to treat you special, you think you're being used... no. men just find out who you really are and realize he'll only hurt himself by sticking around any longer

• I agree but I don't agree. I think it's a social norm if you will for guys to approach girls, for guys to pay on the first date, for guys to propose. Why? I don't know the history but anyways. That shouldn't stop you from approaching a girl just because it's normal. Yes some girls are snobby and stuck up and think that every guy on the planet desires them but not the case with every girl.

We don't insist on being approached it's just normal to think that way because that's how it's always been.
      I approach guys with just as big n ego as some girls and they reject for fun. but it doesn't stop me

• As women, do you feel you have it easy since you are not pressured, judged, valued on your career and finances?

• I thank you guy for letting me use my voice and opinions. I'm happy to offer my input for these questions. ^^

What Girls Said 6

• @Kinstrome has a great point here...
    I think everyone is looking for someone with intelligence and a little mystery to them - and it's nice when it's not all laid out there for everyone to see.

• This was awesome!

And omg @Prof_Don I loved your video, I've never heard your voice before! Lol

• I enjoyed the input of the users and you two ladies taking the time to make this video.

• Enjoyed the video, but I'm not going to approach guys. I understand about limiting the dating pool, but I'm not interested in men who don't approach women and show that confidence.

Also, the woman in blue has a beautiful accent. Absolutely envious.

• truly confident men dont approach women. they respect themselves too much.

• No. This isn't a big deal. I'm not interested in any guy that can't approach me. If you're too shy, you're not interested, you think I'm too good for you, you think I have Resting Bitch Face and so just make dumbass-umptions... not interested.

• I don't think that's entirely fair. Think about a guy who a great guy he just can't work up the courage to talk to you because your too beautiful he's speechless around you. You wouldn't give him a chance just because he can't prove to YOU that he's confident

• I haven't even watched he video but just had to acknowledge how attractive they are

• Yeah gorgeous! How are they single? Must be an LA thing.

• Stop with the stereotype that black women are goldiggers

• Thanks @aamy811 and @monamour! And @cincinnatiredsfan why is that what you immediately assume when you know nothing about us? You are not right. We were actually out last week and were hit on by a guy who owns 8 restaurants in LA and his friend who was a TV producer, we were invited to Vegas with them, asked out but we were not interested in them that way, so thanked them for the conversation and left when we we're ready to go home. I just don't understand how if 2 girls are single you think those horrible things. It really blows my mind. Ione

• What a great interview - so cool to actually see videos of GaGers!

• Ya I heard it's tough dating in LA. Same for Atlanta