What do you think about PDA (Public Displays of Affection)?

It says 83% of guys avoid PDA in front of their friends. Are you one of them? Girls you can answer too if you want.

1. Do you engage in public displays of affection-getting affectionate with your lady in front of other people?

2. What about when other guys you know are around-are you more or less into it then?

3. Have you ever been told to "get a room" while you were with a girl?

4. Do you think women are more or less into PDA around other women?

5. What's your rule for how far you'll go PDA-wise?

6. Which of the following is ok to do visibly in public?
a. Hold her hand
b. Give her a quick kiss
c. Hug her
d. Caress her cheek
e. Caress her thigh
f. Kiss her with tongue
g. Grab her ass
h. Full-on make-out with her

7. In general, when a girl initiates PDA with you, how do you feel?

8. You're on a first date, and she starts playing footsie with you under the table. You think:

9. What if she got a big naughtier and grabbed your crotch under the table: hot or not?

10. What do you think when you see couples constantly touching/grabbing/kissing each other?

11. She Instagrams a photo of the two of you cuddling. You think:

12. Who are you most affectionate with: a new girl or someone you've been with forever?

13. It has to be asked: Have you ever had sex in a public place?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Yes.
    2. I don't avoid PDA, but I think it is rude to be hanging all over my girlfriend in front of other people. They don't want to see that.
    3. Yes.
    4. Haven't haven't a noticed difference.
    5. I don't really have any rules, but I tend to avoid more sexual acts like grabbing her ass in public.
    6. a. Hold her hand
    b. Give her a quick kiss
    c. Hug her
    d. Caress her cheek
    e. Caress her thigh
    7. I feel like she cares about me.
    8. I think "Why do people like to play footie? I better fake being into it, or she will think I don't like her."
    9. I really don't feel comfortable with that in public.
    10. "Get a room. No one wants to see that."
    11. I don't think anything about it.
    12. I might spend more time making out with a new girl, but I like to hold hands, and cuddle all the time. So the level of PDA stays about the same.
    13. No.

What Guys Said 3

• If a girl feels the need for constant PDA, especially Instagram/Facebook pics constantly, I feel like it's more of a show off thing than it is an actual relationship. I don't want everyone else in my business. I'll hold your hand, but constant making out and cuddling in public just shuts you out from everyone else. I hate that and it just comes off needy, so constant PDA is a no. Wait til we're alone

• tired of it

• i love pda and i do all of those things in public if the woman i am with allows me to

What Girls Said 5

• My boyfriend does PDA with me, even in front of his friends.

1.. Do you engage in public displays of affection-getting affectionate with your lady in front of other people? --> he does

2. What about when other guys you know are around-are you more or less into it then? --> still do it

3. Have you ever been told to "get a room" while you were with a girl? --> it happened but as a joke

4. Do you think women are more or less into PDA around other women? I'm personally not jealous so it doesn't really matter

5. What's your rule for how far you'll go PDA-wise? --> always with respect for other people, as long as it stays cute

a. Hold her hand --> we often do it
    b. Give her a quick kiss --> often to it
    c. Hug her ---> we do it
    d. Caress her cheek -->he often does it
    e. Caress her thigh --> he does it but just as a tender gesture, nothing more
    f. Kiss her with tongue --> just if we're drunk at a party
    g. Grab her ass ---> also at parties
    h. Full-on make-out with her --not when people can see us

9. What if she got a big naughtier and grabbed your crotch under the table: hot or not? --> my boyfriend doesn't want me to do it ^^

10. What do you think when you see couples constantly touching/grabbing/kissing each other? --> it depends, sometimes it's just too much and show total disrespect towards other people

12. Who are you most affectionate with: a new girl or someone you've been with forever? I think for both of us it's with that person. I wasn't that affectionate before him and he was more distant with other girls

In a public place yes but in the middle of the night with no one around

• 1. Only minimal PDA. Light kisses, hand holding, hugging, holding.

2. I will still how him affection.. just not as much. I'd probably be right next to him, holding his arm. :)

3. Nope! I keep the intense things out of sight. Or nearly out of sight haha.

4. I think we're less into PDA around other women.

5. Nothing beyond the 'get a room' comment

a. Hold her hand
    b. Give her a quick kiss
    c. Hug her
    d. Caress her cheek
    (^those)

7. It shouldn't matter if it's a girl or a guy who initiates PDA. As long as it's comfortable with both parties.

8. Haha, I don't do that personally. But if he does, I wouldn't mind playing along.

9. hahahaha

10. They're deeply infatuated and it's their business.

11. I hope he thinks it's cute!

12. Ooo.. I've always noticed more affections in the beginning phase. Though I'd love to find an so that will adore me for a lot longer than that.

13. Mhmmm

• 1. Yes, minimally. Pecks, holding hands, hugging, etc.

2. My boyfriend is still affectionate around his friends, though slightly less. I'm much less affectionate in front of my friends.

3. No.

4. I'm less affectionate around other women.

5. Nothing inappropriate for kids.

6. Everything but make out

7. If it's something small I won't think anything of it. It's natural.

8. Footsie on the first date is a bit much.

9. Crotch grabbing on the first date? Yikes.

10. If it's too much it's a bit uncomfortable, but whatever.

11. It's a bit much.

12. Someone I'm more comfortable with.

13. Yes, but not with people around lol.

• I like PDA. Nothing too over the top and distasteful for being out in public though.

• So I answered for me personally, not my opinion on guys, sorry.
    1. We hold hands.

2. With him, he doesn't care. When my friends are around I am less affectionate.

3. No.

4. I bet we are. And around guys who aren't their friends, I'd guess guys are too.

5. Quick peck on the lips. The end.

a. Hold her hand - this is okay
    b. Give her a quick kiss - this is okay
    c. Hug her - this is okay
    d. Caress her cheek - this is getting weird
    e. Caress her thigh - getting more weird, probably not okay
    f. Kiss her with tongue - not okay
    g. Grab her ass - not okay
    h. Full-on make-out with her - not okay

7. STOHP

8. You're one of THOSE?

9. I would not ever do that. And if he reached for that are the date would be done.

10. Oh good LORD, they're not that great. Get over yourselves.

11. Uh...k...

12. Way more affectionate with someone I've known a while. I didn't let my boyfriend touch me for the first 3 months of dating and I didn't let him kiss me for the first 6.

13. Nope. Virgin.

• I can see why you are a virgin , no guy is gonna wait 6 months to just kiss you.

• Yeah no guy is going to wait that long to kiss you. No wonder you're still a virgin.

• Again. We're still dating.