Ladies I can't afford my girlfriend anymore, what can I do?

I'm a master's student and I'm dating a girl who is working after her bachelor's degree. We're the same age but since she is working sooner she earns money before me.

We always had a great relationship but I always payed our way which was OK because I had pretty low expenses and had a part time job.

Now all of my costs have risen and I have less time to work so I can barely afford my own expenses let alone the leisure activities in my relationship.

I'm so scared of losing her.

Ladies how can I talk to her about it? Should I stop with uni and start working so she wouldn't have to date a student?

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess you would not want to be with a person who would always depend on you even when you are broke all the rest of your life? talk her through it. If she dumps you for that matter, praise Jesus for you can't spend your life with a nonsupportive wife. Man don't drop out from school because of her, think of negative posibilities such as; her dumping you, divorce after marriage, and others. Is painfull to loose the girl you love, but you would still meet wonderful women better than her when you complete your masters. You just remember your high school days, do you remember the wonderful girls you thought you had ever seen and compare it to when you completed high school through to college and the university the wonderful women you had also seen. If she dumps you man, there is a whole world of sweet and wonderful women you would encounter. Dude break out the news to her and what ever happens don't quit your masters. By the way, what masters program are you pursuing?

What Girls Said 4

• If she's any sort of worth it...she's not with you for the money you spend on her. You're getting a big degree. Its very understandable.
    There's plenty of nice gestures that don't cost money:)

• How does she feels about you?
    There are things you do together without spending.

• Scared of losing her... Because of money?

If that's the reason, let her go. It shouldn't be about that, and she should offer to pay for some things sometimes too.

• If she loves you she'll understand. Its not all about money!! If not, dump her. You'll find a better one <3

What Guys Said 3

• Don't quit school. IF she's worth it, she'll understand that you can't buy as much for her. I went through the same thing with my lady. I talked to her about it. And it didn't bother her a bit.

• Goofy, just talk to her. It does not matter if she leaves or not. If she leaves, you know why. If she stays, you know the reason. Trust that things happen so that you can see more clearly. Do not stop school for a possibility.

• I realize I'm not a lady but:

Dude, there's no way in hell you should quit school for some girl. If she can't understand that you're making a long term investment, she isn't worth your time.