I'm a male model, but I've never had a girlfriend.?

I'm a male model, like an "international front cover", not a, "I let my friend photograph me once", type of model. I'm sorry if this seems like bragging haha... Anyway I've never had a girlfriend and have massive approach anxiety... I'm really good at friend zoning myself in that I assume a girl isn't interested and just become friends with her. I'm also very picky, I think my expectations are probably pretty skewed... Despite my career I'm also pretty self conscious body image wise... I'm very thin (goes with the job) and get the sense most girls think I wouldn't be very protective. Any tips haha...

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks aren't everything, but yeah you need to work on your confidence and get over your fear of rejection. To do that you need to practice and realize it's not the worst thing in the world. Compliments (depending on how they are given) are a subtle sign of interest. If anything start slow and learn how to give compliments in general https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwX4BrEUQMI

Don't ever just assume a girl isn't interested, because without a doubt some may have been. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. Your behavior made them think you weren't interested so they stopped behaving like they were, and you perceive this as though you were right and they were not interested. I can give you a good example of a guy i'd known as a friend of a friend for a few years. His sudden change in response to me was down right confusing (took another close friend to explain what was going on). I didn't take his sudden interest as genuine, when it was. He was like you, 'assumed' she just wasn't interested.

What some guys don't realize is that the friend zone isn't that bad a place to be. If you manage to find a way out and get closer to a girl with her reciprocated interest, you have a very strong base for a relationship.

Don't change your body type, some girls will always prefer it. I've known a model or two and a few guys in entertainment, they were all different, but they had confidence and the women they were with had nothing bad to say about their bodies.

Hope this was at least a little bit helpful. Good luck.

• Surprised people with genuine good advice actually answer these questions! Thanks so much, I'm already feeling better about things

• No problem, now go get what you want lol

• I would have written an answer but this girl is spot on. girls like guys who are upfront and honest and comfortable with themselves. don't sell yourself short!

What Girls Said 7

• you need to not be very picky because if you are, than you will likely meet less girls. You should open that line so you'll meet different kinds of girls. And you're a model. I think models get self conscious the most because their authority expects them to look a certain way or else theyre out of the business. And I think in the model industry, you can't really be yourself since you're expected to look a certain way. So I suggest for your confidence, try out different things and learn who you are in the inside. Once you become an individual, you'll most likely be less self conscious :) good luck!

• Well, you just have to go to a woman, that you like, and ask her out somewhere, like to lunch. And talk to her, ask her questions, be really caring, then you talk to her more and more. She will see you as more of boyfriend material. Take her out more, and then when you see it fit, ask her to go on a real date.

• i'd love to help but u just answered ur own question... look, honestly, I believe confidence has almost nothing to do with looks. it's all in ur head. when u start thinking u deserve the girl u want she will see it too, trust me. i'm not a model and I've been dating since I was 13. and u know why? CONFIDENCE. hope I helped, though I probably didn't. good luck, mate x

• You need more self confidence is all

• I would talk to a therapist about your anxiety. There are very good coping skills you could learn to tone down your anxiety.

Not sure where you model but male models in America are anything but skinny. Look at supermodel Rob Evans...he is not thin or skinny but rather buff and toned with mass. Regardless being assertive and manly is all in the attitude not the body.

• When I use to date online I met a male model, he was a big deal but he was not interested even though at first he seemed like it. His excuse was he travels alot. Just date another model

What Guys Said 2

• So basically you suck. Well there's your problem lad!

Being pretty just isn't enough; you listed of all of your failures. Fix them.

• Haha fuck you're probably right. I'm definitely not trying hard enough

• Hey you're two steps ahead already because you know what's wrong and you can actually fix it. That's further than a lot of people. Finish the job.

• You're a model, but you've never had a girlfriend? It sounds like you need to work on your game buddy...