Are guys who ignore girls after the girls reject them stupid and immature?

I think they are because rejection is very rarely about the person, but rather timing and how the woman feels.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be acceptable if you were not previously friends or something like that. Completely ignoring her could lead to two problems: She could think you are hurt and if she doesn't mind move over. Or she could feel hurt (in her proud and herself) and not give you a chance in the future, in other words if an interest in you arises she will try to move away because she will remember the times you ignored her (that could eventually be rude). However, by ignoring her she could also think that you don't want nothing to do with her and could lead her to look for you if she gets interested. It seems to me that she has felt hurt if you have already ignored her for a comment I have seen below. The best thing you could do I think is nodding or saying hi as normal like to a friend (not too smiley or not like bored or serious) every time you see her but same as other people you may know around, that way the reasons I listed before disappear and you still could have a future chance. Please don't completely ignore her.This whole situation has recently happened to me similarly and it has been an awful experience, she may like you a little bit but was not the right moment (you haven't given more essential details like how was your relationship with her like only acquaintances or friends and how she rejected you, what you proposed...) The best thing to do is moving on... After this long response: Good luck!

• We are acquaintances and I asked her if she wanted to go out sometime and she said I'm so sorry, I can't, I'm really busy. So rejected.

• That is the attitude, good work and thank you for rating me as the most helpful! :)

• You're welcome, anyone who shows me a different perspective on a particular situation deserves most helpful. Good luck. :)

What Girls Said 7

• If they are friends before that, or know each other from same circles, work closely, go to school, so they have to speak to one another going by some minimal requirement of politeness, and he ignores her, yes he is acting like a brat. No one is asking you to be her friend, but say hello if greeted, respond when talked to in group setting dangit. Don't be a resentful ass.

But if they aren't close at all, and she's just a random girl who was a stranger before, when she rejects, she can go back to being a stranger right after.

Also if she is pushing for friendship after rejecting him, he is completely justified in refusing her, avoiding her and ignoring her. That kind of friendship is a stupid idea.

• Agree, and sometimes, in a moment, we might suspect a guy ins't on the up and up and reject him, fearing that he's insincere. This recently happened to me and he took it bad so now whatever... had he patient or tried to understand me, I would have known he was cool. Maybe I was expecting too much.

• Well if a girl expects me to ask her out more than once, she's being delusional. I hardly ask a girl out, so if I do it's because I wanted to get to know her better in a one on one situation.

• If that's the case then maybe it's best to move on and if she comes looking for you, fine. If not, you have your final answer.

• Yeah that's probably what I'll do. Thanks. :)

• I think they're smart, actually. Also, if a guy rejects me, I would ignore him too. I don't get why I should sturggle.

• Why would saying hello to someone who says hello to you be a struggle?

• It's not about how the woman feels. It's about how she can't see your worth. That's why friendship is almost impossible after rejection.

• I see where you are coming from with that.

• Yes. Rejection isn't always about ( more often than not in my opinion ) the person being rejected. I rejected a guy once but not cruelly and he ignored me thereafter. I was very hurt by his actions and I was put off because it was like I was being penalized for being honest.

• Why did you reject him?

• Nah we're not friends with each other, but we used to smile and and acknowledge each other every time we passed each other.

• Then I doubt it hurt her feelings. Wouldn't worry about it ;)

• i totally agree on that

• Omg! Yes I agree completely.

• Has this happened to you before?

• It happened days ago. To be honest im not interested in interacting with people who act like that.

• Yeah that's understandable.

• No, I think they're wise. Otherwise he slips back in to thinking he should try to win her over and ends up frustrated and bitter. It takes some time to cool a crush down...

• Well I'm over it and I've moved, I'v got some other girl on my radar. So this girl isn't even on my radar anymore, so she doesn't bother me really!

• Nah.

• That's good then, I don't want her thinking I'm going to approach her for the second time, so she can reject me again haha!

What Guys Said 9

• The guys who usually end up being bitter assholes to the ladies that reject him were the guys that had already taken her out to dinner a few times and brought her things thinking that thier efforts were showing her what a great guy he is only to find out later when he finally makes his move that she doesn't like him other than just a friend. The girl in this case was in the wrong with leading him on and making him think there was something more. It all come down to if that lady doesn't like you then you aren't going to waste your time with any more continued advances because you know that she doesn't like you like that. It's nothing personal, not a reason you need to be an ass to this person for. If you happen to bump into her say hello, make some small talk, but don't go out of your way to pursue her if she isn't interested. It can be an awkward situation, especially if this is someone you see everyday (ie a class you have together, you work together etc) but just handle it like a gorwn up and not a high school kid.

• Right on! I can see where you are coming from.

• Nope! They're neither stupid nor immature. If I am rejected by a girl, I'd rather not have ANYTHING to with her (which includes saying hi or anything). So I'd obviously ignore her. Of course, I would never be mean to her or abuse her, because I'm a dignified man. But she becomes a complete stranger to me the very moment after she rejects me. And I'm not gonna give importance to random strangers (because once she rejects me, she's nothing more than a random stranger to me).

• That's an interesting point of view. So we have three men and a girl saying they'd all ignore.

• I like your attitude, you are clearly a man who commands respect and that's a good thing.

• Thanks for your appreciation pal! I'm not the kind of guy who sleeps around with women or indulges in any kind of casual dating. If and when I do get into a relationship, I would definitely treasure my partner. So I obviously won't take any crap from women who think too highly of themselves, and reject me for trivial reasons without even giving me a chance to prove what I'm capable of (I'm not referring to sexual capabilities here).

• If a girl rejects me I'll accept it and I won't bother her anymore. Why should that be stupid or immature?

If a girl rejects a guy just because she's in a bad mood, she can always go back to that guy.

• Yeah of course, I never meant to imply that a guy still pursue the girl, I meant should the guy keep things civil.

say the girl is passing you by and says hi, wouldn't it be polite to say hi back, if you know what I mean?

• A girl who acts like that knows she was wrong rejecting the guy but wants another (better) justification than "I was PMS-ing."
      Some are a bit proud about the # of guys they reject. C*ckteasing thus.

• Yeah women like that really grinds my gears between a rock and a hard place. I mean I take such behaviour as a compliment because it shows just how sexy I am or at least that's the impression I get.

• Not at all. That's like saying "If a guy goes into chick fil a and asks for a hamburger and is rejected, he should hang around the restaurant and not go across the street to McDonalds"

If my intention is to date a girl and she's not interested, why waste my time?

• I don't think remaining polite to her means you are wasting your time. I mean if the girl was your girlfriend and had sex with your best friend I can understand ignoring her, but I think it's childish.

If a girl rejects I'll acknowledge her existence, sure I won't waste my time being friends or pursuing her, but I would say hi if she said hi to me. It's just politeness isn't it?

• Yes I know and a valid point of view.

• I might have a good at this ignoring stuff, it sounds kinda fun.

• I think it's a bit risky to initiate a relationship with someone who you can just ignore once things don't go your way. An initial common ground of friendship and a slight bit of mutual attachment would kinda prevent that from happening. Therefore, I think the inquiry of asking the other out is insincere, and completely ignoring them seems somewhat overkill. So I vote yes.

• Interesting!

So you cold approach a girl, ask her out and she says "Sorry *insert reason other than the real reason*", you accept it and you'd act like it's business as usual? You wouldn't look to ignore her, avoid her or any of that stuff.

• Well if it's a random person you've just met, and the only thing on your mind at that moment is having a quicky with a stranger, then of course there's no point in sticking around. But that's not the only valuable aspect of a human. It really depends on what you're looking for.

• No this is a two sided questions because you stated it in the for of the female rejecting the male. Ofcourse he will ignore her, that is the most logical thing to do at that time because he just got rejected for putting himself out there and trying. A majority of women don't experience rejection the way they dish it to men so those women, not all, will not understand.
    Now if a guy rejects a girl you will either see the same result or something a bit different. Do a test, because at the end of the day looks matter to some, have a unattractive person go up to a good looking person and you will see them rejected on the spot. Now do it again with a really attractive person and the result will be different
    But to answer your question no it is not stupid or immature, there feelings or ego have been dented.

• No they are hurt

• Yeah that's understandable.

• For me, some girls I stay friends with some girls I ignore after they reject me. Depends on the situation though. A lot more thought goes into it but basically I ignore the girls keeping me around for validation or attention, stay friends with the genuine girls. I know i'm going to get some bad feedback from this comment :/... but that's my honest opinion. Yeah, it's immature but there's more to life than just dating. Both relationship and friendship requires a lot of time and energy. Need to keep the people that positive influences your life and forget the negative ones whether it's the right thing to do or not.

• Honesty is the best policy.

• I don't think so. It's their choice who they want to hang around with.

• I'm not saying you have to hang around her, but why ignore her completely? It seems childish.

• You raise a valid point, so it's acceptable for a guy or girl who has been rejected to ignore the girl/guy that has rejected them.

• I think so, yeah.