Two tight hugs on a first date, but no first kiss?

I've been talking to and flirting with this guy for a month. We went on our first date and was so comfortable. After dinner and hiking, we took forever saying goodbye at the restaurant, which we stalled after the first tight hug, talked more, then another really tight hug where I kissed his cheek. He's texted me since the date, but with no first kiss, does it look positive still for another date?

Most Helpful Guy

• The EXACT same thing happened to me as well! But no kiss at all. If he is still in contact with you then he still has an interest in you, and don't worry, that kiss WILL come if so. Maybe he really cares for you and wants the first kiss to be good? I'm planning on kissing my girlfriend for the first time tomorrow night :) good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• it sounds like it went well... maybe he liked you too much to go in for a kiss... he clearly values you and wants to see you more... don't rush things... just enjoy it..!

What Girls Said 1

• Wow, hiking? How adventurous!

Sounds like everything went well.. I'm pretty sure most people don't kiss on the first date.