Is it scary to guys when a girl is stronger than you?

So this is a bit embarrassing. I am kinda stronger than most of the guys in my class because I'm a gymnast and all. I arm wrestled them and I only lost to 1 boy. One guy said "do you have a dick?" And another said "are you a she-male?" And apparently the boy who beat me is sacred of me and I got really upset and started to cry. My arms look normals and I don't look like a man, I have a very female and I don't look like a body builder, in fact no one would of guessed I was that strong until I arm wrestled them. Is it really that bad? I don't want to be seen as unattractive. I think all the boys were scared but I have a friend who does gymnastics and he is a boy and who is not gay for your information and he likes a girl who is stronger than him but is not scared and actually finds it attractive because she's a gymnast too and naturally gymnasts are strong. Do guy gymnasts like strong girls? Are normal guys scared of strong girls/ find it intimidating?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't care if she is stronger or not.. I'm not with her because she is strong. I'm with her because I like hanging out with her. I don't have a high ego where I have to feel stronger or better than the girl. It's not like I am planning to fight her, so why should her being stronger than me be a problem.

Plus if a fight ever breaks out, I know she can jump in and kick some serious ass with me.

I'd like you for you... no matter how you are... :)

What Guys Said 9

• 0|0
  • I'd be scared if a girl was stronger than me because I workout a lot, and for a girl to be this strong she would be a freak lol

• Theses dudes have no muscles

• Then they need to up their physical fitness, or shut the fuck up about you being strong.

For the record, female gymnasts, even the more muscular ones, aren't scary or too muscular to be attractive :)

• Well there was only one guy there who was really strong and we tied for about 5 minutes but then he won. But he was still scared. And Thanks (:

• But seriously, was he gay? Lol, jk.

Yeah, I don't care if you're stronger than me. It'd probably just encourage me to work out more and get stronger than you. A fit guy is supposed to be stronger than a fit girl, but a dude with noodly arms that sits at the computer all day and nothing else... yeah, of a course a girl that does strength training would beat him.

• Men might be strong, but we have to work our muscles too.

• Also, some girls have genes that make them stronger, and they could also have wide shoulders. I haven't seen a picture of you, so of course, I wouldn't know for sure. But if you have shorter arms, then those guys were probably weak.

• By the sound of it, u dont seem over 18 at all.. they sound like little boyz :I
    Nice fake acc doe ;P

• Well.. im 15.. and my girlfriend is 18.. she is really fit.. she goes to a military school and yeah.. she is totaly stronger.. it just makes me feel so sad and worthless.. im scared that if she gets in danger.. i won't be able to protect her.. i just feel so embarrassed.. well.. i guess im gonna go work out now.. hope that my opinion helped or whatever.. bye !

• Relax, it sucks when girls cry. Most middle school/ high school guy, like me, don't take working out seriously, while you do. I personally wouldn't care and joke it off, and I'm sure there's guys like me out there. The guys you wrestled were probably just joking around in a crude and immature way and I'm sure none of them meant to hurt you.

• Haha thanks I suppose so.

• I personally like strong girls, and in not even close to a gymnast at all, but I really don't care all that much to be honest

• Well as a hardened marine veteran, I'd honestly be scared to death if I met a chick stronger than me.

• If she's stronger than me, It's wrestling time!

What Girls Said 2

• For some it is, because they're insecure. Some guys want stupid girls so they can mold them and manipulate them. If I'm stronger then you so what?

• I'm not necessarily strong but I have the same sort of problem, I used to get into a lot of fights as a kid so learned how to defend and fight better than all the girls I know. I've never backed down from a guy and if they piss me off enough I'll hall off and hit them. Some guys think that it's sexy that I can hold my own in a fight but when it comes down to it a lot of them don't like the fact that I'm quicker than them and can fight better. I only know this because we play a game called helmets and gloves (boxing with hockey gear) and I get in there with all the guys and they can't land a punch on me or block my punches. I think it has something to do with their pride, the fact that a girl is better at something that is masculine such as your strength.