Girls, would you ever date a bisexual guy?

Well here's the situation, I'm bisexual but not out the closet. I'd like to come out to increase my chances with men but I still like women, if not more.

I've been told by friends online that straight women won't date bisexual men, how true is this and can you explain your thoughts on it? I don't want to come out if it'll ruin my chances with women.

If you're bi and experienced this as a man, please comment too.

• I would date a bisexual man
  • I would not date a bisexual man.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I was single, I would have depending on the guy. The sexuality shouldn't matter as long as I was loved and he didn't feel the need to cheat to find a man. Just because someone is bisexual doesn't give them license to hurt someone else because they have a sexual preference for both genders. Being in a relationship and committing to one person should be this way for those who want it whether they are gay or straight or bi.

I'm straight so my straight boyfriend should not have to worry that I'll want to sleep with other men. I think the same rule applies to us all. Just because you're bi shouldn't worry your straight partner (or gay partner) that you'll wander off looking to fill your needs with the other sex.

If a bisexual guy was sincere about being only with me and didn't act on the urges to be with men, I would be fine with dating him. If he suggested to bring a man in to the bedroom for a threesome, I don't even know if I could do that either. Regardless of sexual preference, I want to be the one someone wants completely. I do expect honesty though too, and definitely want and need to know if the guy is bisexual. It helps me understand his desires better, and I would hate to have that kept from me, making me feel I'm not worth being honest with.

And unfortunately due to the stigma and statistics of gay sex between men, even if you haven't been promiscuous, I would feel secure with getting STD tests done (together) to know we're all safe.

• The honesty here is great, thank you for the advice. Of course I'd be faithful to a girl despite liking men too, I'd be happy to commit to just that one women for the rest of the relationship (possibly rest of my life)

• Well, I say this because I was attracted to a bisexual guy years ago and we started out as friends. He confided in his bisexuality to me and I heard him out, and accepted him. I wanted something more from him despite this. The thing was he never reciprocated his attraction toward me, and even though we hung out and flirted all the time, he began dating a girl who looked like a young boy (the kind who was really androgynous looking). Me? I'm quite feminine and curvy. I assumed that this new girl fit all of his needs. Was a girl but looked like a boy. I was heartbroken for a bit, but got over it. I guess being honest with a woman letting her know your type helps reassure her that she's just what you want in a woman. You have a sexual attraction to men, but she shouldn't be threatened by it as long as she feels you are committed to her.

• Thank you for MH :)

What Girls Said 10

• Nope. I'd always feel like the guy is missing something in the relationship. If he's into guys and girls, I'd feel like there's a missing void somewhere as I can only fill the role of a girl. It's too much pressure. I'd be scared that eventually he'll crave being with a guy so much that he won't be sexually satisfied with me. I'd honestly not be able to do.

• To be honest it doesn't matter to me. As long as he likes girls too and not just guys then he has a chance and the girl shouldn't care either if she truly likes you.

• Honestly I wouldn't date a bisexual guy. Itll higher my chances of heartbreak. If our relationship were to really get serious id have to compete with not only girls but guys too. And dating a bi has the possibility of him leaving me for another man or him realizing that he only likes men. It happens all of the time. But don't stay in the closet though. You'll spend your lifetime living a lie. How would you ever love someone doing that? Find someone who accepts you for who you are. Be honest with them.

• I'm bisexual, and I'd definitely date a bisexual guy - I'd feel offended if someone wouldn't date me because of my sexual preferences. Yes, there would be more chance for them to cheat, but if you really liked them and they were a nice guy, it wouldn't matter... Not to me anyway.
    A bisexual guy is just a normal guy who is also attracted to men as well as women.

• Thank you very much for the advice, much appreciated :)

• Sorry, I wouldn't.

• No especially if he did things with men

• I would never.

• i personally wouldn't

• I'm a bisexual too but I wouldn't date a bisexual guys because there would be more possibilities to cheat me ;)

• But you'd expect straight guys to date you? Double standards...

• Most men, like most women are good morally, maybe you avoid arseholes you'll realise that.

• Yeah thanks for the advice ;)

• As a bisexual woman I'd be happy to date a bisexual man.

What Guys Said 0