GIRLS would you date a guy who is only 5'5?

So im a 17 year old guy, and never had a gf. Im not very confident, sure im a social person, but when it comes to asking a girl out, im too scared to. Part of it, is i have been rejected before, and being 5'5 doesn't help at all, with my confidence level, plus i tend to not be a leader. But i would truly care about my girlfriend and i would be loyal to her and i would truly love and respect her. My worst nightmare in life would be never finding someone to spend my life with, and be forever alone. I could NEVER live like that. So my question is, girls would u ever date me, or do i sound like just a loser?

Most Helpful Girl

• i say work on your confidence and that would help with attracting girls. I wouldn't mind dating someone 5'5 because at 17 you may not be fully done growing and secondly as long as you are taller than me, we should be good. im 5'2. i prefer taller guys but height is not the ultimate deciding factor. if you approach girls, just make sure you do it genuinly and confidently. dont sell yourself short (no pun intended). if i can feel you are uncomfortable with yourself, thats not gonna help me to be comfortable. and also, you are only 17, you have plenty of time to date and find the love of your life. at this point, just focus on you, your life and your personal development. the right one will eventually come around. dont put so much pressure on yourself or the person you are trying to approach. girls can sense tension. just play it cool both in and out of a relationship and have confidence. best of luck.

What Girls Said 16

• I think a big part is your confidence. I prefer guys that are taller then me, or who act taller then me, if that makes sense. By acting taller, I mean confidence. You're also 17, and most guys I know haven't actually dated until they got to college. Honestly, I prefer being a friend with a guy before we get into a relationship. If we can't be friends, a relationship is never going to work.

• Being 5'5 isn't a deal breaker. It's all about personality and having confidence in yourself. The right girl for you won't care about your height. Have confidence in yourself! Good luck!

• I'm 5'6" and I HAVE dated 5'5" guys. I agree that confidence and personality are more important. And you shouldn't be trying to draw your confidence from physical attributes or dating success. It's got to come from within.

• Height shouldn't really matter tbh... As long as you have a good personality the height can be looked pass... Personally for me everyone looks tall to me so yeah lol...

• Of course lol.

• No, because I'm 5"7, but if I was your height I don't think I'd have an issue. It's fun dating someone the same height as you.

• I'm 5'5 too so it wouldn't matter to me... besides sometimes I hate having to look up at the guy I'm talking to (it hurts my neck)

• I'm 5'6 but that's not too big of a difference. If you're amazing & wonderful that'd be a big exception. And there's tons of girls who are 5'4 or shorter. Naturally, you'd be a suitable mate to them. :)

• No, because he'd be basically the same height as me.

• Probably not because I'm 5'10"

• Height doesn't matter :) As long as you have an amazing personality then you're greaat :) aha

• Im 5'5 too tbh everything is better when you can see eye to eye lmao true story

• "You can't love someone unless you love yourself"

• Depends on your personalities and common interests, probably, I'm 4 foot 11.5 inches tall.

• Well I'm 5'8 so i probable wouldn't but any girl that is shorter than you probable wouldn't care.

• Yep, i'm 5'0, so 5'5 would be great. :D I'm not picky on height, I even dated someone who was 6'6 before. That's actually a bit too tall for me, but I didn't mind.

What Guys Said 1

• Most women just want a dude that's their height or taller, and there's PLENTY of women out there that are 5'5" and below. And even then, some women will be ok with being a little bit taller than you provided that you're cool with it.

Honestly man, height isn't gonna prevent you from landing a good woman. I wouldn't worry too much about this. :-)