Women: a funny or a romantic guy?

There's a saying that goes something like this "if you make a woman laugh, she is yours" my question is: if you had to choose between a guy who makes you laugh all the time but is not romantic and/or sweet at all and a guy who is very romantic and sweet but has a hard time making you laugh. Who would you choose to date? explain.

• funny
  • romantic
Well, it looks like the majority of the women want a guy that is funny in this case. That proves us men that the saying is true "if you make her laugh, she's yours". Keep voting though!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• you should just be yourself. it's not worth it to have to act like someone your not

What Girls Said 36

• I like romance... because its something touching on depth, its bold and brave, its idealistic... its reaching.
    real men are romantic, and little boys are clowns.

funny guys are just weak minded and childish, insecure ~ I know most other girls like them, but the vast majority of girls are pretty stupid at life, and always change their view every few years, that's why 87% of all females on the whole planet end up alone and poor ^___^ they are stupid!, greedy, shallow and ruled by the ego and not the brain or heart.

and women have every possible opportunity in life. anyone who says this is a mans world is just to lazy to think for themselves... young woman is the king, with the pick of any life we want.. just handed to us, everyone bends over to give it... and we can chose to be with a real honorable loving strong man, who also has a good brain, and heart... but most women look over his head at some insecure clown child.

why do guys try to be funny? because they have no ambition , no passion , no great things to share or talk about, and no where to rush too... they aren't even going anywhere period, other than some useless engineering degree like 70 million other guys who can't think for themselves, so they tease and play and search like little kids for attention and praise... its totally pathetic.

I love play and humor, but that comes long after passion and romance.

look at all these comments on the page, and the vote. its like 87% stupid ^___^

• definitely funny for me. i'm used to being the one who makes others laugh... so him being able to do that for me would be wonderful :)

• I like definitely romantic guys. I am not interested in that he makes me laugh. We can laugh together.
    I like sweet gestures, and little notes and things related. Romanticism is great thing which suits on guys very well.

• The funny guy over the romantic guy any day. I seemed to have found a guy who is a bit of both - he's really funny and charming but he also knows how to show a little romance. That's perfectly fine with me. :)

• Hmmm, I like them both but if I had to choose more over the other, I would go with "funny" I am not really the romantic kind of person. I am but i am more of a jokester and practical kind of lady.

• I don't want to date a clown nor someone without a sense of humour... has to reunite both qualities somehow =/

• I go with funny. Romantic guys tend to be... annoying... Unless you find one that's romantic and funny. But I love to laugh. If you can keep me laughing and give me something to sink my teeth into (love giving smart ass remarks, part of my charm) then I'm caught.

• If you can only have one, funny for sure. I can't handle a dude with no sense of humor. But it's awesome if he has a bit of a romantic side on occasion

• I am not a romantic girl, I don't like flowers that decay on the table, I don't like poetry, I even feel awkward when a guy opens the door for me. Well, car door, maybe not so much the door to a building. Romance things are always weird for me, I thought it was creepy when my mom would buy me and my sister Valentine's cards. Sure she loved us but we had just about every other holiday for her to tell us. I don't do cards either. But on that note, even humor can get old sometimes; I'd much rather have an intelligent conversation or even lively debate (not argument) than be sitting around I see as my brother. He loved to try and make me pee my pants when we were kids.

• I would love a balance of funny and romantic. My ex-boyfriend of six years was both funny and romantic... So it as like having a best friend and lover all wrapped up in one package... BUT there are guys who joke around way too much...

A lot of guys would rather have not-so-serious relationships and would rather "chill" with a girl, and they don't spend a lot of time *not* being a jokester/comedian. If I absolutely had to choose between the two, I'd rather romance, because I like serious relationships and it seems some "funny" guys aren't into romance and seem to be quick to let relationships go, or rather, not be in serious relationships at all. This is from my own experience and what I've seen with friends, as well.

• I like being romantic better because being romantic shows that they care about you but I can't choose it's way too hard! I mean being romantic shows that he cares and being funny is just being funny. Being romantic is more special because anyone can be funny even friends but the job of a boyfriend husband or significant other is to treat you well and care about you but going out of their way to show you they care. I mean my ex took me to disneyland when we were an item and I appreciated that very much! It was like he was going to propose (lol even though it didn't happen), I still felt loved and appreciated. Very special like no other guy has ever done that to me before. And Disneyland is usually expensive so that means that he worked hard at earning me if you know what I mean

• Oh wow that's amazing! So I'm guessing you would choose a romantic guy over a funny guy right?

• I like a romantic guy but then he needs to have a sense of humour. Or it will be just plain boring...

• Funny! Personally I like my space and I hate clingy guys. I feel that a romantic guy would be too clingy for me? That said I do appreciate little things

• Make me laugh all the way! lol He can learn how to be romantic but it's hard for someone to really be funny though.

• Romantic stuff is nice but too much of it would feel like some weird formal imaginary fake impossible I'm-no-good-enough-for-him this-is-nice-but-it's-getting-old relationship while a funny guy would make me feel closer to him and more comfortable around him.

• Why can't we have both?

• Funny beats romantic. I mean, I sure would prefer a standup comedian over a cheesy Romeo if that's what you're asking.

• Bi**h please I want both. I voted for funny though.. :)

• Can't I have both?

• id like a funny and romantic guy! aha a guy thats in the middle of both :)

• Neither. A guy that can't make me laugh would bore me and a guy that was hilarious but wasn't sweet at all just wouldn't work for me.

• Give me the romantic guy

• a funny cute guy any guy who can pop some jokes makes me weak romantic guys are nice to but kinda chessy i prefer the funny dudes

• well when someone is funny it takes wit and effort and creativity, but being romantic doesn't really take much effort. most romantic guys come off as players (in cases I've seen) but you never know :)

• Yes please make me laugh 😂😂😂

• There's romance inherent in humour. I'd go the funny dude.

• A guy who can make me laugh, I like to smile, romance is great but it won't pick you up when you are down, and laughter is infectious.

• romantic! i prefer a love poem than jokes :)

• Both! ☺☺☺☺

• I like guys that have a good sense of humor. I need someone that can make me laugh

• More from Girls
    6

What Guys Said 2

• there other type of guys as well

• Yaaaaas!! Seeing the girls' opinions have reassured me that I'm going the right direction! xD