Hey girls, do you like getting flowers?

Do you ladies like getting flowers? Why or why not?

How would you react if your crush handed you a rose?

• Yes!
  • Not really
  • Don't care
  • Corny, just don't
  • Other, comment

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 108

• i LOVEEEEEEE getting flowers.
    never gotten them from anyone tho hehe. its ok, maybe one day :)

roses r bloody fantastic. i think id b a little overwhelmed.

• I love that, actually! I just hope they won't trigger my allergies, that could be really embarrassing 😳

• I wish I got them a lot more often and for no reason at all, honestly. Oh well :(

• allergies suck :(

• @COCOCHANEL: Yeah they do! They can really dampen an otherwise sweet romantic moment :(

• I always thought it was corny for guys to give flowers, and didn't think I would be super happy like other women act when they get them, till I actually got some from a guy a really liked. He definitely changed my mind and now I love getting flowers.

• I love all gestures of caring especially in the form of a flower. Flowers are beautiful and give off this lovely scented aroma and think it speaks to the beauty of the giver and the receiver.

• Yes but a guy can't bring me some that have too much pollen, my allergies will ruin the whole experience :L lol

• well there are millions of flowers and they all mean different things and if you take time to choose one that means something. and put them together to actually mean something it could be really sweet

• Im a girly girl as some say but im also into video games, i love shootemups i love violent games, action movies, i hate chick flicks I just hate makeup and while flowers can be nice outside I dont need my own pair. I would actually like if a guy brought me a $10-20 used action game from gamestop tbh lol. But Im still straight im not gay i just think flowers are too.. I don't know i just dont like them lol. they should be left alone outside not inside.

• I my crush handed me a rose, I would be elated! My dad still buys my mom flowers after all these years. My brother also brings my mom and me flowers just to be sweet. I think when the men in your life brings you flowers it's really a lovely gesture. It brightens the day. And they can be wild flowers. My ex would go for a walk and bring my back wild sunflowers with lavender sprigs he found while walking. It was super sweet for him to do something so simple just to let me know he was thinking of me when we're apart.

• i actually don't really like flowers that much but what i like is the gesture, and for that reason i would appreciate a man who does give me then. i mean don't get me wrong, some flowers are beautiful, but i like the fact that he took the time to get them and think about me to do so more than the actual flowers.

• I love getting flowers. I'll just stare at them and be like "OMG, they're for me and they're so pretty!" Lol. I've only received flowers once so far and that was my reaction. :)

• Flowers show that you care, I guess. They're a nice thing to get. Just the thought of getting a present is nice. The flowers don't matter too much, it's more the thought. At least for me it is.

• A great person once said -Food feeds your body but flowers feed your soul

Yes I love getting them

• I don't see a point in something that will take a room on my counter for a max of 2 weeks before turning into something ugly that drops bits and makes a mess. Waste of money in my opinion. You could spend the same amount of money and buy the ingredients to make a home cooked meal, or some scented candles and flavored oils for a nice massage. I may feel inclined to return the gesture after something like that ;)

• I'd like a cactus. I fucking love cactuses.

• Personally I find flowers stupid because you pluck them and then they just die. I don't even want them at my wedding I think they are such a waste of money.
    However if my fiance got me a bouquet of chocolate and candy, I'd fuck him so good.

• i get what you mean but think about it like this, you can take lots of pictures, you can opt for preserved flowers which are real but stay looking fresh for years and you can just enjoy the moment

• It's not like I'm ungrateful the few times he did buy me flowers and he even switched to buying potted flowers if he does buy me any. I still am just not a fan of flowers as expressions of love but that's just me.

• I'm not all for flowers but to be handed a single rose on Valentine's day would be so sweet!!! Plus I'd rather have a rose than a box of chocolates. Yet, I'd rather have a teddy bear than a rose lol
    🌹🐻💌💋💍🍫

• Tulips please 😉🌷🌷🌷🌷

• I do, noone has ever given me flowers... not even my ex so yes would love some

• Ifmy crush gave me a rose, ithink i would cry and faint

• I'd love that ! especially red ones ! I know it's kinda corny but I do !

• I like it but I'm a practical person; I like things to last if you pay for something so I feel it's pointless getting them but then again, if they bought me things that could last forever, my room would be a junk yard. But yeah, it's nice because I know they've thought about me. :)

• I'd love flowers from someone I'm dating or involved with to some extent but I would think it's weird if any guy (even my crush) just casually handed me a rose.

• bouquet of pink roses on my birthday ♡

• Yes, I like getting roses because that'll show that he thought about it and think I'm special and that he cares about me :)

• Yes I do love getting flowers and drying them out. I would rather just have the whole plant that way I can enjoy the flowers more than once. =)

• I would be abit shock but in a good way and would really appreciate the gesture even more so it from my crush. But abit embarrass if done in public lol

• I do. Not something to be overdone though, but once in awhile is nice.

• Yes I like getting flowers I've only gotten them a total of 3 times in my life how pathetic ha

• Haha I hear ya. I was married for 11 years and that's about the same for me

• I'd be flattered, but not more than for any other gift. However, I'd wince for the flowers too, because they'd wilt. And feel some concern for his wallet, if it were a bouquet. Flowers can be damn expensive.

More importantly, I'd wonder if he likes flowers. I'm happier giving them than receiving them. Although I'm an amateur at flower-arranging, I'd like to construct a bouquet for a lover someday. An elaborate, heartfelt love letter in the language of flowers.

• It's a nice gesture under certain circumstances, but I personally don't need it.

• If you bring some roses with a jar of honey, I'd accept them.

• Why the honey? lol

• If you read some of my opinions given in other questions you'll find that my favourite ice cream flavour is: roses with honey; that is why I ask for the jar, to eat the gift.

• I had no idea you could even do that. I'll have to try it out.

• More from Girls
    78

What Guys Said 9

• My wife LOVED flowers, especially arranging them. She would often have me pull over into the flower shop just so she could buy flowers. She bought them at least once a week.

I gave her flowers as gifts at random times, but never as some form of an apology. I always gave her a single rose. I don't know why, but we both thought the single rose was a greater gesture than a bouquet. I think that women particularly dislike receiving flowers when it's some kind of apology with no intention of changing behavior behind it. For those women who like flowers, I think it's better to receive them as a romantic gift for no other reason than to say, "You're special to me. I hope you like these beautiful flowers."
    I think receiving flowers from a guy who likes the girl but she doesn't return his feelings is often uncomfortable.

• Oh, I forgot to mention. A student of mine used to bring me flowers from time to time. I thought she was sweet, but I had to ask her to stop doing it when I found that she was picking them from a yard across the street from my school.

• That's the most greatest acts of kindness any guy can do for a girl/ woman
    i find it very romantic, loving etc.

• I don't really like giving flowers, they're temporary and serve no actual purpose of utility.

• @COCOCHANEL eh, I'd still rather buy something actually useful, or at least something that doesn't die over time.

• Live long and prosper, Mesonfielde.

• I am a guy and I would love if my crush gave me flowers I would love if my crush gave me anything positive as long as she doesn't give me something negative lol like a dirty mean look or something.

• I would like it.

• I like to give and get flowers, but I think it's a bit over the top for the first date if that's what you're thinking of.

• I just voted for the +1 point!

• Most of the girls will like a rose.

• Can't men get some flowers once in awhile? I LIKE THEM TULIPS! Fuck double standards.