When a guy brings you to a food court on a first date?

I have to admit i was completely taken aback because i was expecting a restaurant and was thinking of splitting the bill anyway. I don't know if i should give this guy another chance or not because of something like this though. I mean, does this mean he isn't serious about me? LOL

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Don't focus on the venue. Don't focus on the money spent. All you need to focus on is him. Did you enjoy talking to him? Did you feel a rythm in your communication? Did you feel connected and comfortable? If so see him again if not see him again. Yes he may not be serious. He very well could be leading you on. But if he is what of it. Like most people you've been heartbroken before otherwise you wouldn't be worried about how serious he was based on the place he took you. I can be head over hills for a girl and take her to mcdonalds. Why? Because if every meal I eat with you has to be at a 5 star restaurant then me and you are going to have problems down the road. Don't look at where you go on the date look at him and how you feel about him. Learn to love yourself and it won't matter if he's serious or not

What Guys Said 18

• d00d I've done less and its because the girl has a personality where she doesn't hold expectations like that, its just fun :D in your case it seems like you wanted the whole traditional dating scenario and that's totally fine bruh, I wouldn't judge him so soon based on this first date, give him another chance if you still like him. but honestly at the end of the day, playing minigolf, going on free air balloon rides and grabbing a burger and shakes at the beach is probably the most fun I've ever had for the first time taking a girl out.

• Give him another chance, and insist on at least Swiss Chalet.

Apart from this (you said below you went up to the little garden area on the roof and hung out) was he an okay guy?

• Hm he was alright and i think i'm starting to fall for him too, just that i still have some trust issues and am not sure if he might be keeping his options open.

• Did he let you supersize your drink? IF so, he's a keeper.

• sounds like me

• He did the best he could, considering the circumstances, didn't he?

• lol how American

• It's about spending time together, not the amount of money spent.

Girls tend to financially use guys on dates so from HIS point of view it makes sense to pick a low cost venue for a first date (like a food court, or a coffee shop, or if u go to a restaurant u go for lunch instead of dinner).

• ha ha ha ha You shouldn't want to go out with him again because obviously the date wasn't of good memory. The fact you didn't even speak of the date itself and how you were treated or how he was as a date shows little interest. The fact that all you can think about is the venue and not even mention the experience means that he didn't wow you with an awesome personality. Most successful dates I have been on leaves the woman thinking about how great and fun I was to be around, personality, manners, etc. not where we went or what we did. The purpose of a date is not about where we go or what we do, it's about leaving an impression of yourself that will stain each other minds for some time.

• Weak !!! Lol
    Don't judge too soon tho, he might be low on cash right now. myabe he couldn't afford it.

• yeah, maybe.. meet him for a few more times and see where it goes

• we each went to get our own food so we paid it by ourselves, around $5 for me.

• Oh, well I don't know what to say.

• I think it's kinda lame. If he didn't have money he should have waited to ask u out until he had his finances in order. But like the others said, if you enjoyed your time that's what really counts

• Phew, not a good first choice. How old is he? Did he take you shopping or anything too?

• He's 20 and i'm 18. Nope, after dinner he took me to the rooftop of the mall which was some garden kind of place that had lights and outdoor seats... and just talked about ourselves, basically.

• Well the last part sounds fun! Give him another shot. Maybe he was just a little low on cash, or doesn't have much experience with taking women to dinner.

• Is it weird that I don't think this is a big deal? Maybe you two are just into different things.

• So he just asked you to meet him at the food court and you parted ways afterwards? Or was it just part of the date.

• He asked to meet me at the mall in the evening then he brought me there for dinner as soon as we met. We then went up to the rooftop of the mall just to talk thereafter.

• did you two get to go out, did you get to eat , did you get to talk and hang out did you enjoy spending time with him, then why are you so hung up on money what does it really matter where you if you enjoy spend time with the person you go with

• to be honest, I like fast food more than most restuarant food. However I usually ask my date what kinfd of food she likes most and plan accordingly.

• both of you are young, start small and then move big..

• Definitely give him one more chance... maybe he was just low on cash.

• does he have to spend a butload of money on you for him to be "serious about you"? (:U

• it's not that... but i was thinking, why did he choose to bring me there in the end because the day before he even mentioned about going on dutch but i wasn't sure if he was just kidding about it.

• well he was probably going somewhere he thought if he was taken would be nice. us guys actually really rather have something casual. not for the money, but the food.

• Give him another chance he might have been just low on cash.

• He wants to show you off

• He was probably low on money are just figured your personality would feel more comfortable at a food court

What Girls Said 9

• ehhh... I would continue to hang out with him but watch for other signs of bad behavior. this guy truly could have been clueless about how to impress you. the dating world is saturated with women who actually consider going over to a guys house and watching Netflix a good date, so maybe this guy thought it was a step up? or maybe that's all he could afford? you never know why he did it, but unless you get a bad feeling about him (trust your intuition) I would not write him off because of it.

depending on the kind of food court your talking about, like maybe you guys were hanging out at the mall/shopping center and then he took you to eat there? that might be ok. time will tell if you need to friend zone this guy or not

• alright thanks i guess i would give him another chance. we did meet at the mall but the first thing we did was to get dinner before hanging around and he brought me there LOL

• I personally wouldn't care. Food court food is greasy, which is the only requirement I have when dining out.

• weeeeeell, lol..

i have to say either he's not experienced with dates, or doesn't think anything of it or he is just extremely cheap.. food court is really not a place where i'd want to start dating..

and guys seriously wonder why its hard to find girlfriends these days? that happens when you take girls to food courts

• exactly what i thought ugh but he had been in relationships before though... oh well

• its like once we found seats, i told him i would be going to get my food first then he said he would pay for it but in the end i still bought it myself

• sounds like a fail date. try it again

• Same my date brings in the food court for the first and second date. But I don't mine for it unless his boyfriend already I would want him to bring me dinner in the restaurant sometimes but not always. I have understanding but this guy turn out I date he just wants to be friends and I am so sad :( his a jerk

• When I was 16 this would of been okay but no no no worst date ever. So juvenile. he didn't need to take you to a high class restaurant but still could of actually took you to a real one.

• ikr thats why... i dont know what the heck was he thinking sigh

• I guess it's better then taking you to Burger King I mean that would of been mortifying lol. Maybe you should pick the restaurant next time.

• He seems funny.
    Go on a second date, haha.

• you need to teach him how to be a man like victoria taught david. yes the beckhams.

• It doesn't mean he isn't serious about you, per se. What job does he have?

• He's still a student, currently waiting to start university.

• If you two go on a second date, then tell him where you'd like to go. Mention going Dutch again. If he takes you to a food court again, then it's best to leave.

• I see, alright thanks!

• One more chance for him