Do you think people who use Tinder are trashy?

Does anyone use it for just dates?

I kinda want to try it, but I feel like people I know will catch wind I'm on there and mock me/disrespect me for it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I use tinder, I've gone on regular dates. Just don't use pictures that inaccurately represent your appearance. I have been on 2 dates with girls who DID NOT look like their pictures, and I didn't call them back.

• how close does the picture have to be?
      I feel like all my pictures either make me look a lot worse than I am or a lot better than I am...

• That's a bad question to ask. I mean of course you want to use good pictures, but if you're hiding your weight or something then don't use that for your tinder.

Look at it this way: If he sees you in person and he only has seen your pictures before then, will he recognize you, or will he be surprised? If he might not recognize you, and he might be surprised, then you are inaccurately representing yourself.

What Guys Said 9

• I've got it on my phone and it seems like it's very abandoned. I don't know if it's my age group but the only messages I've gotten are from prostitutes that I just delete.

• wow really?
      do you live in a really unpopulated area?

• Honestly I don't. I've clicked on numerous profiles and honestly just "liked" almost all the people without paying attention and I'd match with random women who don't write back and the ones who do are either scammers trying to get personal information or prostitutes.

I used to use pof. com and okcupid. com and that's where mosta my dating was done. Overtime it got super old and honestly, it's been determined that most girls are actually on it for attention like it's another Facebook for them. Only difference is they just get messaged by tons of desperate guys instead of Facebook "likes" and whatnot.

• I don't think so. But I do think that its very impersonal. I can't connect with anyone via text, its so superficial and being in my 30's I need something deeper than physical attraction.

• I feel like you're right that TINDER is probably very impersonal, but I've actually gotten quite close to people through text, so i don't feel like its impossible

• I used it to find dates, and it works. A lot of the girls on there specifically say 'NO HOOKUPS' on their profile.

• Lol its essentially a sex app and I've got 25 percent conversion so far.

I'm a student doctor so I wouldn't go as far as trashy ;)

• Nah tons of people are on there. Plus they don't let you see your Facebook friends so there is that.

• true but like,
      I live in a dorm.
      People willl know where I am, down do the door number if they walk around a lot..

• Maybe. So?

• There just people that know what they want and everyone else is who judges is just scared of society.

• Can be dangerous. A woman on a business trip to Sydney Australia met a guy from Tinder at a bar. Drink was spiked she was taken to a house and pack gang raped by a bunch of guys. Girls on Tinder please be careful.

• Not really I use it looking for hot girls

• The majority of people who use tinder aren't trashy at all. I actually met my girlfriend on there lol. Most of them are college kids in my experience.

The trashy mother fuckers all go to Plenty of Fish. If you want to be hit on by ghetto fat black chicks, nasty skanks, and white trash meth eaters, go to Plenty of Fish.

• i tried POF once.
      NEVER.
      AGAIN.

What Girls Said 2

• Idont know but didn find anyone acttractive on any dating sites :|

• Tinder is what you make of it. I don't use it as a hookup app, as I'm totally not about that life (nothing wrong with a one night stand, but its just not for me). I've been on tinder for a while, and I've met various people. There's the guy who will bluntly ask "wanna fuck?", but there's also guys who are genuinely nice and want to meet new people. This may sound funny, but I've actually made friends off Tinder, and the guy I'm "seeing" (not official but sort of exclusive) is also off the app. I'd say go for it! You have nothing to lose!