I'm 220 pounds, am I too fat to date?

I'm worried guys think I'm too fat :( I weigh 220 pounds. I have never had a boyfriend, just some flings or one night stands, and I'm already 27 years old. Everyone tells me I'm a sweet and amazing girl so is it about my weight?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're not too overweight to try, but it is a considerable hindrance, yes. Being that overweight sends signals, both to the contious part of the mind, to the subcontious part, and it triggers instincts. Generally the responses are negative (at best).
    I would say that if you want to both improve your chances to get a guy, improve your physical health, and improve your self image (to mention some few things) then you should dry to loose a couple pounds.

It's harsh, i know, but sometimes the truth hurts, and sometimes the painfull truth is needed so that we can realize where to improve.

What Guys Said 18

• 220 lbs in general is a lot for any girl. I would ask what your BMI is but I said generally it is still a lot. im sure its true when everyone does say you're sweet and amazing but it honestly isn't only about your weight. people do have preference and im sure some guy will want to date you for you.

• I wasn't probably clear enough. I do get attention but guys seem to lose interest pretty soon. No one wants to commit or have an actual relationship with me. The situation was the same when I was skinnier (about 170lbs). Last time I went out about 4 times with one guy, and then I just didn't hear from him for a month. Until he sent me a message and said he'd like to see me again, but I said no because I thought he wasn't serious with me... And I'm 5'8 tall

• Haha, okay, thanks! I'll try to change that among other things ;)

• hahaa goodluck! may you succeed on your journeys and enjoy your adventures:D

• If you're 6' 7" tall, your weight is still healthy.
    If you're more like the average 5'4" tall, your weight shouldn't more than about 145 lbs.

This still looks OK to me at 220
    cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/.../...-to-love-vanessa.jpg
    This doesn't look so good, even at 5'9" and only 195
    cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/.../...-to-love-melissa.jpg

If you're sweet and amazing, you're still dateable to some, but not to all.

• The girl in the first photo is 5'6" tall, so she must be doing something right.

• I'm 5'8 and I like to think I look more like the girl in the first pic though I may not see myself clearly. Anyway most people would never guess I weigh that much or that's what they say to me. My male friends have guessed I weigh about 170 pounds...

• One of my friends is close to 300 and she's getting married soon! There's someone for everyone.

• Yeah I know some people that are bigger than me, and still have boyfriends/husbands etc. I just don't seem to get one. Although I didn't have that much luck when I was skinnier, about 170 pounds for a long time and no one wanted anything too serious with me. I get attention but guys don't want to have a relationship with me.

• Just have to keep trying.

• It probably doesn't help. Try a paleo diet. It really works if you stick to it.

• and height?

• Yep you are

• I'm sorry to say that it is. There are guys out there who like that or don't mind, but there aren't that many of them.

• Yes I am sorry but I have to tell you the truth. But you can do something about it

• I'm 125lbs, so I honestly couldn't date you.

• Okay it depends on height and how in shape you are... Lauren Jackson is like 180 at six foot five and is perfect... so weight can be arbitrary en. m. wikipedia. org/wiki/Lauren_Jackson

• You are just 40lbs more than most of the guys cupcake, Forget about the dates rather you should enroll in a health problem to live healthy and long.

• no i dont date one standers PERIOD!

• Yes, you are too fat. Only a certain kind of guy wants to date a 220 pound woman. Start losing weight, people will commend you for it.

• That is very heavy for any girl. That is the main reason you are single yes.

• i'm similiar to you, my only sexual experiences are with a friend with benefits and a girl i met on Plentyoffish who i experienced oral sex with both giving and receiving for the first time when i was 20, but i'm 26 now but still haven't officially had a girlfriend yet

• As a female you are never undateable.

You'll find that you have the settle for below average looking men, other than that, your dating experience will be the same as a thin girls.

• You aren't too fat, but you do need to be very realistic about the kinds of guys that you can attract. I have met fat women that would not date any guy unless he was thin and muscular. Needless to say most of these women remained alone. The one night stands would be a bigger problem for me than your weight. When meeting a guy I would keep that part to yourself.

• Unless you're 6'4+ tall female basketball player or bodybuilder, which I doubt that's the case then yes that's a lot of weight for a 27 year-old woman.

The good news is that can be solve through either a strict diet and lots of exercise or medical treatment. Unlike height, weight can be fixed.

What Girls Said 7

• I say if you are healthy and love yourself that's all that matters. If you feel you need to do some self improvement then kick start your new lifestyle with a clean diet and moderate exercise. Confidence is key and if that's missing then something may need to change in order for you to channel it!!! If you're on Instagram I suggest following @fitnessmeals7 for some delicious yet healthy meal ideas!

• Honestly. Most likely yes. There are some guys who don't care about that most guys do. Country boys or black boys I've kind of learned love big girls ;)

I hope you find someone. Everyone deserves love in their life no matter what they may look like :)

• In all honesty a lot of people would find your weight an issue. But weight is something that can be changed, thankfully! But also, there's an exception to every rule, there are still guys who would prefer their women on the bigger side.

• How tall are you? If you are around 6"4 or higher then I would say no. But I doubt too many women are even around that height.

• No ignore them be yourself, if he doesn't like you for you then stuff the guy, but if you feel your weight is a problem try losing weight but do what you feel is comfortable.

• I'm 6ft 20 year old that weighs 145 and I don't even date that much.. you're not alone

• Metric system, please.

• 172 cm / 100 kg

• Yea, you're fat, but you can always get thinner.