My guy friend told me that I would attract more men if I was skinny. Guys what body type do YOU prefer in a girlfriend? (judgement-free zone)

First off let me state that I did NOT take his opinion personally. I realize that every guy has his own preference, just like women do, and I've never had a problem in the dating dept. But it got me to thinking, what body type do YOU personally prefer?
Petite? Athletic? Curvy? Feel free to include a pic ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• you would probably attract more and higher quality guys the closer to ideal your body is in your community

ie whites = skinny
    blacks = thick. and by thick I mean hourglass w small waist, not 50 lbs overweight with double chins saying im thick

• Race has nothing to do with attractiveness

• I think you missed her point. She was simply stating "typical" preferences according to the man's race. ie. white men prefer skinny women more often than black men

What Guys Said 16

• I'm attracted to women of a variety of shapes and sizes, and think we place far too much emphasis on things we have no control over, which causes a lot of the body image issues people have today. I'm attracted to healthy, confident, and most importantly, smart people.

• Sure we place too much emphasis on it, but that doesn't take away from the fact that all men AND women have a visual preference... regardless of if that's who they end up falling in love with.

• I like bigger girls/ curvy girls

thumbpress.com/.../cool-girl-curvy-skin1.jpg

• Thin, healthy girls.

I know its bad, because society wants us to be all sensitive with the female ego and body image, but I don't find obesity attractive the same way women don't find fat guys attractive. But you don't see ad campaigns about protecting the fat male ego.

Thin and "Healthy"... healthy is the key though. To skinny is also unhealthy and not attractive.

• True words, my friend

• I go for healthy. Do you like where you're at? If yes, good, rock that and fuck everyone's unsolicited opinion. =D

• Unsolicited would mean she didn't go looking for it... She ASKED... therefore solicited an answer.
      She may not agree with it or like it but if you ask, you have to expect that it might not be the answer you want.

As for healthy... nothing about Fat is healthy.

• That was shockingly arrogant I don't even want to bother debating it.

• Slim and preferably fit and muscular.

• I like petite ones the most

• Thin to average to athletic. And no, that's not some sort of ranking system.

• I am all for the athletic/ curvy girls, a combination of the both would be ideal though ;D

• i prefer thick girls that guy was just a sknny-lover

• No anorexics from the concentration camps, no fatties that need a wheelbarrow to carry around their gut. Anything in between from midgets to 7 feet tall.

• Tell your guy friend keep his mouth shut would make the dodo bigger.

• Don't really go for looks much I just need a cute face with a beautiful smile and a bubbly personality. I won't care for her body shape what she looks like makes her HER. Big thick thin average I don't care as long as she is happy with how she looks

• Skinny or slightly curvy (actual curvy, not the fat/obese that gets labeled as curvy in this age)

• Barely curvy... I don't know how to describe it. Not fat anywhere, but with jiggly/soft legs and butt... mmm

• Skinny compared to what? What is your body type now?

• I'm pretty petite now but not "skinny". I'm 5'2, average/toned frame. Kinda like salma heyek without the boobs lol... his ideal body is more like shakira who is about 100lbs

• LOL xD I knowww! I got screwed in that dept

• That's a shame, because big boobs on a petite frame is and AWESOME look! :P

What Girls Said 1

• lol you're guy friend sounded like an ass.
    However if you are indeed overweight perhaps he wasn't so wrong.

• lol he is an ass... but I dish it out as well xD