What's does grabbing coffee mean to a woman?

Girls i need your advice. I want to know what does it mean to you when a guy asks if you would like to have coffee with them? I ask this because I am thinking about asking a friend of mines out for coffee.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't drink coffee, if anything I would drink tea. With that in mind it depends on the girl. For me it just a friendly meet up, but it also depends on how you say it. " lets grab coffee and catch up" ( old friends talking about the past). "lets grab coffee sometime".( this guy wants to get to know me more in a close setting). "want to get coffee with me sometime." ( he is asking me out on a date). All girls are different but the majority of the time, we think its a date unless you are just a friend. :)

What Girls Said 4

• having a nice time knowing each other

• To me, it's a combination of hanging out and dating. It depends on the relationship between you two. If it's friends, then it might just be a hangout. But if it's a scenario where you both like each other and you both know it, it comes closer to the border line of dating. Sorry if this didn't make sense

• depends on the relationship, if you're really just my guy friend and wanna grab a coffee and catch up, cool, but if you're kinda interested in me, I'd see it as a way of getting to know me...

• It depends how you say it. I'm thinking of asking my crush out for coffee as a date and it would go something like this " Would you like to go out on a coffee date" and if you're asking this girl out, just ask if you want to grab a coffee together.

What Guys Said 1

• I think it means that they are going to get to know each other better. That's really it.