I'm 17 and I've never had a boyfriend or even kissed a boy, am I freak or soemthing?

Literally like I've never even kissed a boy before and I'm 17. I feel like such a weirdo because everyone around me has and I'm just thinking what's wrong with me? I'm normal, like there's nothing wrong with me physically or mentally. The more I wait the more I'm scared because it think I'm going to be terrible at anything.
I'm not even that ugly, Iim not even overweight and I have a nice fashion sense that compliments my figure yet here I am.
No boys even talk to me or approach me in THAT way.

Help me, I feel so ashamed and confused and low in self esteem. Is this weird?

Most Helpful Girl

• heya don't even worry about it, there's nothing wrong with you at all! its probalby way more common than you think. and trust me, there's no 'wrong' way to do it, when the time is right and you dont feel pressured into it, everything will work out and you'll naturally know what to do. it sounds werid, but i think there's a certain kind of power in knowing that youve not kissed anyone and that you are just waiting for the right time, the choice is totally up to you. i mean when it comes down to it, would you rather your first kiss be with a total stranger ina club or someone that you trust and are dating. there's positives in both but depends what kind of gal you are

What Guys Said 7

• That's ok, I'm 28 and still haven't do so with a girl. Mainly cause I'm pretty picky

• Not saying my relationship status (which is iffy) is any better, but I'm sure there will be at least one guy in the future who wants to hook up with you. Some guys are just hella shy.

• No its not, I didn't kiss a girl until I was 18.

• You are not a freak, now that I look back on my middle school dating days, i wish I had waited till college

• message me im the shame

• No that's ok it's good to wait bc it'll be awesome the first time

• You're not a freak. But if you want to attend the prom, for example, get one of your girlfriends to approach the guy and say "hey, this girl really likes you. You should ask her out." In high school some guys just don't know how to read a woman's cues. So they just need a little help.

What Girls Said 9

• No. Nothing wrong. I never kissed anyone, never held a guy's hand, never even hugged a boy till I was 19yrs old. People used to call me like a "mega virgin". It's nothing to be proud nor ashamed of.

• Not at all! boys at that age are immature anyway, I'm 15 and have never had a relationship longer than a month. Your not missing out on anything, and you're definitely not a freak. You just haven't met the right guy. And judging by your profile picture you're very pretty and soon enough guys will realize that they're just too immature now

• I didn't have my first kiss until I was 19! Don't worry about it. I felt like I was the only one who hadn't, but it will happen when it happens! :)

• don't rush. it's to kiss and beyond with someone you at least have some real feelings for than to just get it over with some idiot giving you a little attention.

I intentionally waited until after high school to talk to boys at all and I'm glad I did.

• Same as you! I am 17 but, 18 in two months. It makes ne feel so insecure at times but, a lot of the time I have noticed a lot of these girls are pretty outgoing and have good social lives.

• I am. 18, was 17 when it happened, still with him, like 2 months. Give it time, but maybe you need to be friendlier?

• I'm 18 and I'm in the EXACT same position.. don't worry about it

• Nope, not a freak. Go watch "Never Been Kissed." You'll feel better. :)

• You shouldn't feel ashamed. Did you ever feel a desire to kiss a boy? Maybe you should communicate more with boys and not keep yourself far away from them. If you feel low about yourself you will show it to other people and boys. Boys want attractive, interesting and talkative girls. They are not going to approach you if you don't show a little bit of interest. But you don't need to be so crazy about it too. And go to every boy, lol. Just focus in other things and in not to feel ashamed. It's normal and interesting boys will come over in the right time. :)