If a girl insists on paying half, does it mean she's doesn't like you?

She insisted on paying half the bill at dinner even though I told her paying didn't mean anything to me and it wasn't like she was gonna owe me one lol.

Also would a girl say she wanted to see you again if that wasn't the case? Maybe she really has just been busy...

Thanks you guys! I guess a dude just isn't expected to pay for everything these days..

Most Helpful Girl

• I pay for my things because that's how we do it in my country. It doesn't mean anything at all. If she says she wants to see you again, she does.

• I say the exact same thing, only in America do men pay for women's food I don't understand.

• @StickStickity13 Yeah, right? Girls get mad if the guy doesn't pay and some guys gets offended if she wants to pay for her own things. It is a weird mentality

What Girls Said 8

• no to means she does not see herself as a prostitute.

have you ever thought about why one person should pay for another or why specifically guys pay for women?

I'm just asking of you've thought about it as if there is a reason as appeased to a thing you just do.

I don't know why she didn't say she wants to do to again.. I've never said that but then i also will ask a guy out if I'm interested so i don't need to say we should do it again, ill just ask.,
    i

• Well crap, is that what guys think when you split the bill? No, man, she just wants to pay for her side. There's no hidden meaning. Women now don't expect guys to take care of the bill. Personally I'd feel bad if I let the guy pay, so I pay my own all the time.

• Honestly I've said before to a guy that I'll pay that I wasn't into just because I didn't want to feel bad that he payed for me knowing it wasn't going anywhere... But it could be she's just busy

• Just means that she wants to be seen as independent and is not after your money.

• it means she feels guilty about it, just like i feel guilty about it when my bf won't let me even pay partially for anything :\

• Some girls are like that. Doesn't mean anything bad.

• A lot of women feel guilty not paying their share. I don't think it means anything

• Some girls feel better to split bill, not because they have no interest in the guys. So no worries

What Guys Said 6

• I would have jumped at the opportunity. All i get are those puppy dog "are you paying for this" looks...
    Thats a girl that can take initiative. I'd take that as a sign that she wanted to spend TIME with me, not my money. I have girls calling me up, they might as well be begging. they want to go out but don't want to spend a dime.
    And here you are overthinking a very good gesture... if you think she doesn't like you, you can refer me :) lol

• That's exactly what it means. I'm totally cool with paying my share especially if we just started dating. There really is no obligation for the guy to pay.

• Hey @KillerTaco im gonna message you something...

• its a hit or miss d00d. but usually its because the girl wants to be fair and nice and in MY CASE, she didn't want to make it seem like she was using my money hahaa.

• IMHO, she doesn't want to entrap herself; smart girl. If you buy her dinner she knows you're going to at least be looking for a kiss (and not on the cheek) goodnight. By her paying her way, she's not obligated and she relieves herself of that situation. Don't take it personally. Me, I'd ask her "Since you're getting yours, wanna get mine too? I just want you to know that I won't be obligated to let you kiss me or grope me in a dark part of the parking lot". Or something like that. Add some humor to the whole thing, show her you're not uptight, and that you respect her.

• yeah, I was hoping the fact that I'd paid might make her more likely to accompany me to a remote spot somewhere, oh well. lol

• If a girls insists on paying half then she is worth a second date. If she does not insist on paying half she is not worth a second date.

• dude it's 21st century, guy isn't the one who MUST pay.

anyway i believe the most fair is to each pay his/her own

• You should be thankful that a girl isn't trying to make you broke