Guys do you automatically categorize girls?

I hear it all the time. So do you? What makes you decide a girl is booty call material... or girlfriend material or whatever.

Cause let's be honest girls do too ( at least I know I do)

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. Before I even talk to you (in person) I watch how you act, respond, do and the like or when I talk to you I'll do it. Over time though it may change, sometimes for the better or for the worse. Guys do have some kind of system, what they use to make the "classifications" will vary as you can imagine. But I know it's no way as complicated as the ones you ladies have haha

• Haha yup I think we over think it much more than you guys do

• Hahahaha thank god for that, if you said there were I'd be a little sacred

• Thanks for the MHO :)

What Guys Said 15

• God gave you women a scary sixth sense, a gut feeling about us men.

Well, we aren't totally blind. Usually we can pick see exactly what you're about from the offset. There's not hiding much from some guys.

• Yea I do. It's a bit mean, but I group them into "nerdy girls", "party girls", "rebel girls" and "plain girls".

Nerdy girls are my favourite kind of girls. Usually identified by glasses, being shy, dressed conservatively in jeans, and knows a lot of geek culture. Lovely to listen to once you get them talking about what they love.
    Party girls are for drinks and flings, not my type. Usually identified by what they wear or the places they like to go to. Not sure what kind of conversation I can have with them.
    Rebel girls are feministic or independent and don't want a man. You get a feeling that they don't give a crap about anyone's opinion, are often globe-trotting and just want to enjoy life. Interesting people.
    Plain girls I got nothing.

• Yes. Every single female whose image hits a man's retina is instantly translated by the brain to a "yes" or "no" for "fuckability" (but only fuckability).

However, whatever that instant verdict is, it can change. As to GF material and beyond, we do more reconnaissance before rendering a verdict.

• Those are the only 2 categories?

Anyway, if it's just booty call vs relationship material, I'm not sure any guy AUTOMATICALLY categorizes a girl into either category. But he can categorize them fairly quickly. And that categorizing could change as well.

• The way she carries herself,
    for example if she is wearing revealing clothing and talks like she is trashy, she will be a booty call
    but if women dresses with elegance and demonstrates etiquette and class i would want to enter a relationship with her

• Basically it depends on compatibility, and the traits or behavior of the person by which you can tell whether you would rip each other apart if you had to live in the same house for an extended period of time.

• I don't have the time to play such empty games.

• i only have one category...

• I'm not going to lie I do. I do have "boxes" in my mind where I'm like "Yeeah I'll hang with her the most." Or "I'll just hang with her sometimes."

• Interesting how do you decide this?

• You'll welcome. :)

How do you categorize guys?

• Her personality makes me categorize her.

• I don't believe I do. How would I categorize them? By ethnicity? By geographical location? By shoe size?

• I told you already by girlfriend material booty call material friend material etc.

• Lol female stranger bitch. Okay.

• I'm guessing you only have two categories - female stranger and female stranger-bitch.

• than the keeping guys interested question shouldn't matter.

• I check the way they are dressed and immediately stereotype

Girlfriend - wears clothes a respectable woman would wear and not a prostitute.

• maybe after you talk to her enough to get a feel for her personality but that takes more that 5 minutes of conversation.

• I've never done that in my life... am i weird or are you wierd? blah

What Girls Said 1

• guys and girls both almost automatically categorize guys and girls.