Would you date someone who doesn't use social media?

I think I'm like the only person I know who doesn't have a single social media account. I don't know I've never felt the need to make an account in instagram or Facebook or anything, like how is that going to make my life better? This is the only site my photo is on.. I text and I use snapchat occasionally, but that's literally it. Do guys care if girls have Twitter, Instagram, etc? Is it a turn off if a guy can't search a girl up and creep her profile?

720

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I would. I don't use any social media either so... ya...

• There is a girl in my school who doesn't even have a phone but as I liked her so much I didn't give any crap that I can't text or call her. So the only way I had to talk to her face to face like 60's. The only thing I can say about our relationship is that"it's going great!"

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 19

• Yea of course, it would be cool if you had Skype since thats the only thing i really use, but if you don't oh well.

• Not having social media is extremely attractive to me. A girl I fancied instantly boosted my interest level when she told me she does not use social media. That's my opinion; read on if you want my personal reasoning.

Social media has so many purposes. Promotion of business, hobbies, comnection with family, etc. But when it comes to dating, finding a girl who abstains from social media is like finding a diamond.

My last long term relationship was with a girl who had a heavy social media presence. It made sense to me as she was a photographer. How smart! Great platform to promote your material.

We would have dinner, or lay in bed, or be out in general. I would be talking with her talking and she would keep looking down at the phone. "Uh-huh". Back to the phone. That is the real turn off. Not every user is like that, but a heavy presence just indicates possible self-absorption. I stayed in that LTR too long and it built resentment.

I am now dating the girl with no social media. No idea of her past experiences, past men, family, friends, interests, thoughts on issues. We see eachother once a week. We talk, learn, and connect strongly because I have no preconceived notion of her based off a perception of her past social media posts. Call us old-fashioned, I guess. I find great pleasure in knowing that nobody can find out stuff about her unless she invites them into her life by in-person interactions. That is how you build a foundation. This may just be because my taste in women. But I feel social media affects dating and relationships negatively more than positively.

• I find it annoying when a girl is always using social media so would find it a big plus.

• I literally just learned a week ago that my crush doesn't have a Facebook. Or a Twitter or Instagram most likely.
    Its actually kind of refreshing.

• OF COUUURSE!
    Provided she isn't amish.

• Of course! Why not?

• Of course I would, I'm not a big fan of it either. I would probably prefer a girl not have social media to not have the set of responsibilities that come along with it.

• Totally, barely use any myself haha.

• No social media = fine with me

• Of course I would.

• No I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as she doesn't have a issue with me having one.

• If she doesn't have social media..
    Well put it this way "that's wifey right there!"

• I don't mind a girl using social media as long as she isn't on her phone like 24/7 and shit. But yes I would date a girl who doesn't use social media.

• Its cool... you can always get to know each other better during a karaoke outing... hehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6jDzibi8ag

• hell yeah... i would love that

• yes definetly

• Absolutely

• to be honest, no.

• LOOL I feel bad for youu

• yes... bad because i'd think the person was out of touch, snobby, or judgmental, and i couldn't relate to somebody who didn't get/like innocuous things of modern society...

so... ok... sorry for liking like traits ok..

• It's better if she doesn't have any.

What Girls Said 7

• i think guys probably would prefer that over the girls who are social media obsessed and updating the world with everything they do every 10 minutes honestly. good for you girl!

• Of course I would. It's not a a big deal or a turn off. It shows that they spend their time doing other things and they actually have a life lol.

• sure i don't really care

• Social media use doesn't really play a big factor in determining whether a dude is date-able or not.

• I don't have any social media either. I would prefer a guy who doesn't but ultimately I don't care.

• I sure would. I despise social media.

• yes i would