Do guys find tomboys unattractive?

Do guys find tomboys (girls who act similarly to guys) unattractive?

I like a lot of stuff that girls typically don't. For example, horror movies (blood and violence), sports, i. e. Football, spiders and snakes, mud and dirt. And hate a lot of stuff girls are supposed to like, like shopping, makeovers, dresses/skirts, pretty much anything girly.

Anyway I have this fear that guys find that unattractive, so is it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all. Personally, I would find you very attractive because you would be able to do things like sports and horror movies WITH me, unlike other girls who wouldn't be able to spend that time with me, or do those things with me. Actually, if you ever need a date, give me a call. ;)

What Guys Said 74

• Some will, some won't. You don't want every guy on the planet attracted to you, do you?

• No definitely no. I hate spiders tho :/

• unattractive? you're kidding me sister...

you tomboys are more attractive than girly girl... FAR MORE attractive. both in looks and personality

• I have always been a sucker for tomboys, in the sense that not only do I seem to find them attractive, they seem to find me attractive as well, which is a huge turn on. As an additional bonus it has been my experience that tomboys are often rather direct, another turn on for me. ;-)

• I know I love tomboys. I just like their style and like that they are confident enough to be themselves.

• Tomboys are more relatable because they share more interests with us, if anything I'd prefer a tomboy

• This whole "do guys like" question is unfair. Its too general. All are different! All have different interests!
    Many guys WILL like what you are calling "tomboy" type. But its not about being "tomboy" its about the PERSON who you are. Really, a mature guy is really interested if a girl has Confidence and KNOWS who she is, which is pretty common for what you are calling "tomboy". If you have confidence, can treat a guy as an equal Human Being first, and a romantic and sexual interest AFTER that (not secondary, just second), then you will have great friends and lovers too. Some guys (and girls for that matter) won't or can't handle it. That's their problem. Don't change for others. Be who you are and relate to those who are good with who you are.

• I could have said 'do all guys' but I thought that would have been unfair to say. 'Do guys' was meant to be individual opinion. But thanks

• You are a dream date for a lot of guys. They get to have fun with you and then they get to go home and have more fun. My experience is that straight girls into guy stuff are also really into guys -- tomboys tend to genuinely like guys. Yeah, it's great when you dress up but most girly stuff just means "high maintenance". You are young, all you need to do is clean up and put on a tight pair of jeans and you will look fabulous. You can skip the makeup and dresses and heels if you like and guys will still find you hot.

• In my opinion tomboys end up as marriage material because they pay attention to all the natural things first then external beauty later' and the conversations are more real and not flurtatiously prepared' isn't that the way to have a long lasting relationship from brain to brain... then down to images then hormones.

• I like women with masculine traits...
    Strength, willpower, initiative...
    Might be pretty rare all in all, though.

• ""And hate a lot of stuff girls are supposed to like, like shopping, makeovers, dresses/skirts, pretty much anything girly. ""

Good! We'd be good friends and possibly more later already. Although I really need to find someone with a sense of fashion who would help me buy clothing from time to time, because I suck at finding places where they sell things I want.

Tomboys are cool.

• Some guys find tomboys more attractive than non-tomboys. But tomboys are pretty uncommon, so your competition is low

• Tomboy girls are extra attractive. They can be as hot as any girl, but as fun to be around as our buds. They understand us more, and they're easier for us to understand.

• all types of girls have their appeal. 'tomboys' tend to have none of the drama typical of girls, but still have the boobs.

• I love tomboys, they're easier to predict and understand. :)
    But I also love the cute ones. :D

Most men just want those sexy women who wear heavy makeup. :P :(

• I personally find tomboys attractive simply because we can enjoy some of the same things and spend more time together doing something we both enjoy.

• As long as you are a girl, you are attractive to me - regardless if you are a tomboy or not.

• Its not unnatractive, if anything its awesome. You know like a best friend, but with boobs

• I find it pretty cute.

• My gf loves videos games, horror movies, nasty sex, we shop in the same section and its fun cause we like the same stuff, she's loves guy jokes, and many other things. i find that very attractive cause everything we do is fun. i personally think girly girls are annoying.

• lmao if she is cute and doesn't dress like a complete dude she'd be the perfect girl for me. kinda like the homeboy that i could bang ^^

• personally, no way. I would find a girl like you very attractive.

• Are you saying you like sports or that you play sports? A lot of men find athletic girls to be very attractive. There are plenty of internet sites that are only about attractive female athletes.

Even if you just like sports rather than play them that doesn't mean that men won't be attracted to you. Men love when their girlfriends are able to do things with them that they both enjoy (while giving each other some time alone with their friends, of course). The biggest danger for you is not that men will see you as unattractive, but rather that men will see you as just "one of the guys". It is basically the friendzone for women. If you are interested in dating any of the guys you know instead of just being friends with them, I think that you should focus on making yourself look nice. You don't have to like shopping and skirts, but putting on some makeup and flirting would help them to see you as female rather than just another guy.

• Both, I like to watch sports because it's very exciting and great generally but I also LOVE to death playing sports. Ok, thanks

• that is subjective... For me, there is nothing as orgasmically good as a woman who shares similar interests as you and you... And, I am into all sorts of nerdy primaryly male dominated interests like videogames and comic books... So I guess, by your definition, I find tomboys attractive... Not that I have anything against girly girls (or boys... To each his own. I make no judgement)

• they are sweet when tries to behave like a normal girl and they have great self esteem which makes them potential long time partners..

• Just be yourself, don't worry about who will and won't find you attractive as a tomboy, As a tomboy guys will find it easier to relate to you and vice versa which is great. I have known a couple tomboys in school, and these girls matured into real real beautiful women. In my opinion tomboys are sexy

• Don't put a title on your head, I feel everyone should like what they like because we are all human, let me the first to tell you. YOUR NOT A TOMBOY! Your a unique girl with unique interests and happens to like what society calls the male standard. So what, I think its cool and personally I wouldn't think any less of you if I saw you. A lady that persues her interests, now thats attractive.

• Tom boys are kinda like shy guys for girls I would imagine it's hard to tell when they like you it's hard to tell when they're joking it's like cheating lol I'd say if you're worried about guys liking you it's probably useless guys tend to at be at least interested in being friends with Tom boys and I'd have to say if you're trying to get a guy to notice you try acting more girl around him like if you flirt do it if not ask how to flirt lol

• to me you are the girl i have been lookig for my whole life an mud an dirt looks great on a girl let lose if he dont like you for you he ant worth you time you dont want some one who is going to try an try to change you for who he wants you to be you should want someone who like you for you an there are men who like women like you im one!!!

• Not all guys thinks that unattractive

• More from Guys
    44

What Girls Said 13

• It will depend on the guy. Everybody have their own type, some guys like the girly girls, others the inbetweeners, and others like tomboys. It is a matter of taste :)

• I've always been a little tomboy. I grew up with 4 brothers so I spent lots of my time doing things my brothers do, playing with toy cars, building bionicles, playing videogames, playing bandy and soccer etcetc.. I dont know why but even now I have more guy friends than girl friends. I don't really look like tomboy though, I do like fashion and makeup and shopping and things like that too. Many of my guy friends have said that they think that being a little tomboy is a good thing.

• I'm kind of a tomboy myself and lots of guys actually like it if you play games, watch anime, do kickboxing, wear sweaters and beanies etc (kinda describing myself lol). They do like it more if you also have a more feminine side. That you're not all guy and that doesn't have to be a hobby or something, but for example a way of acting.

• Hmmm haha according to your description, I'm a tomboy too. Playing games, watching anime, wearing sweaters, etc, is genderless in my opinion and doesn't make you a tomboy.

I'm kind of curious about the OP's definition of a "tomboy" - considering she's under 18, she may have an inaccurate perception. I used to think I was tomboyish too till I realized I was girly as hell.

• Well, I love deadly and gross animals (spiders are my favourite), I play lots of sport, football (soccer) in particular. I le joy running around in mud and rain and sweating like hell. Horror movies are exciting the blood, guts and gore are cool. I don't wear dresses for fear I might look feminine and I hate that. I wear marvel/DC shirts and baggy football shorts. Make up and the thought of shopping repulsed me. I burp, fart and eat like pig (not all the time) and I'm proud to do so. And I generally do not act like a 'girl' should.

I've been told I'm a tomboy and most of my friends just refer to me as being a boy. It doesn't bother me as much as people think it should.

I honestly don't see what being under 18 has to do with it, if my definition is 'inaccurate', please provide your definition.

• It doesn't really matter how you dress or behave. Men will like a tomboy when she is attractive. just imagine an actor with a good face, acting different roles. In one she can become a lady, in another she can become a tomboyish look science assistant, in another a dancer, or an adventurer or a thief playing with swords.
    in every role a group of males will 'love' her, at the same time all do 'like' her because she is generally attractive.

so the key to the variety of what you can do with yourself without caring too much about attraction is being attractive to a point.

an attractive hetero woman can make even lesbians fall in love with her. and an attractive male can do it with gays. But an unattravtive lesbian doesn't even attract lesbians.

• It doesn't matter how I dress or behave just how well I can alter my personality to make people like me.

And to be honest that's falling in love with the character she plays, the 'act', not the actress herself.

• Physical beauty enhances personality so what does below average physical beauty do? It means all I'll have is my personality but no one will know what that is like cause they won't get close enough because I don't look like a movie star... I'm pissed now. DONE.

• It doesn't 'enhance' personality, it improves the chance of attraction. attraction is not one-sided it is both physical and psychological, both related to physical appearance and personality. And it needs a balance of those.

yes, if you have the best personality of the world being physically below average lessens the chance of attraction.

you do not need to be a movie star, but you have to have a good balance between the two to attract the certain number that you may want.

• I would say it depends, I just asked my other half this and turns out he thinks I'm kind of a tomboy.. Why? Well according to him I don't like wearing pinky girly stuff all the time (skinny jeans & converse kinda girl) I don't mind getting dirty, I don't wear a ton of make up and I'll happily sit and play call of duty with him. And to be honest thinking about it,, he's right. I never knew I was a tomboy lol I hate spiders tho! So yh, tomboys must be attractive to some men. :)

• I think there should be a fine line. I mean a girl can be a girly girl and dress in nice skirts and dresses but she should also know how to get down and dirty and not always be worried that she has makeup on etc.

Its a good combination. A girl should be able to be confident without makeup on.
    I dont wear makeup etc when i dont go to work or hang with friends, i just know that when i do get dressed up i look damn fine, so im okay with not looking my best all the time.

• You're just another brother to them but without the balls.

• no way! guys can relate to these girls much easier, plus they have similar interests

• I'm sure some do find tomboys attractive... as long as there's some residual femininity, which is absolutely necessary in some moments or situations. Either way, most dudes would try anything I guess :p

• Honestly they won't care as long as you're physically attractive.

• ofc you are attractive to them , you're easy going so they'll feel comfy around you and really be themselves
    (ilove horror too.. <3)

• Few issues with your thinking pattern here and things you may need to know.

First you're a teen. You are still developing your personality. You are not a tomboy, you are convincing yourself you're a tomboy because you're trying to define yourself. I knew MANY tomboys in my teen years, I was one too.
    Just a bunch of girls who watched teen movies about the unique tomboy girl who gets the guy. So all girls decided they'll be unique. Funnily enough, there were lots of girls like this in my school. At least 40%. xD
    As we grew, we all dropped that tomboy-identity shit except for one girl. She's now declaring herself as homoflexible. She has a girlfriend.

Second there was one underlying idea all girls who called themselves "tomboys", "girly tomboys", "girls, but tomboyish and not afraid of dirt" had... And that was: "Boys will like me more. If I become this. No, I really am this... I will stand out and they'll notice me. I am special and better than all those other "regular" girls. I am girl+. Boys will like me more."
    No tomboy would of course admit to this in their teens. None of us did.

Sorry to break it to you, but as soon as you begin to seek out men and not boys, you'll realise one simple and a very obvious truth: At worst, men will find you unappealing and butch, at best they won't give a shit. They genuinely won't.
    You'll get: Meh, it'll probably help to have stuff in common.
    But even that is not true.

Only 2 types of men are the ones I've seen that are genuinely into tomboy women:
    1st is the shy "fag". He is the submissive, insecure, shy and/or a nice guy who is just waiting for that one iron lady to sweep him of his feet. (Unless you are that rare 3% of female population who will come to enjoy dominating a relationship, you'll run for the hills desiring to find a "real man".

2nd is the fetishist. This is the guy who, regardless of his own personality, has come to fetishise tomboys. If you stay a tomboy, this is probably your golden boy.

• As time went on all the tomboys, to varying degrees, became girly girls, regular girls, elegant girls, cute girls, what have you... Why?
      Trial and error. A simple and obvious truth of what guys actually find attractive, of what makes girls most honest with themselves. Of the way most popular women out compete one another. Of how they get under a guy's skin.

Femininity.

Sweetness, wit, only a bit of spice, gentleness, fragility, mystery...
      Femininity can be flavored in any way a girl's personality turns out, but it is the most natural inclination you'll ever have as a woman and a pattern of dress and behavior you will naturally fall into if you have normal biology and live in a regular calm society.

So here is my final advice for you. Work on your identity, but don't tie your pride to it. Consider you're not a tomboy but a teen phase right now.
      Try to put least amount of stock possible into whether guys will like that current identity. This will happen anyway and during

• All I'm seeing here is "I'm an adult so I know more than you" Pfft, adults!

• Hahah. ;)

• People are usually attracted to those of opposite energy. if he is somewhat feminine (not in a blatant obvious way), he will be wildly attracted. Be who you are and it is also okay to embrace your feminine side. This doesn’t mean you have to wear satin and skirts all day, but you are in fact a girl. So, you can still like diatribes and sports AND also know the power of being feminine. Embrace your inner grace.