Why do girls always lie?

Seriously, I ask a girl to a dance and she lies and says she's doing something, when I mention she got the month wrong she said she had something to do on the actual date as well. I'm sick of girls and their lies, do they think I'm an idiot? I mean, they can say no, if they really want me to through myself off the goddamn Golden Gate why don't they just say it?

Most Helpful Girl

• The thing with guys and rejection is that it seems like no matter how you reject them, you're doing something wrong. If you make up excuses, you're a bitch. If you ignore them, you're a bitch. If you tell them that you're not interested, you're a bitch. Some girls lie and beat around the bush because they don't want to hurt the guy's feelings by essentially telling him that he's unattractive (physically/mentally/emotionally). Other girls are more upfront than that, but are still being called bitches for being "insensitive" or "self-entitled" or "shallow".

• I DONT CARE, I'VE REJECTED AT LEAST ONE GIRL, AND I RELISHED IT, I ENJOY THE THOUGHT THAT I ACTUALLY DID THAT, I TAKE PLEASURE IN THAT MEMORY, NO ONE INSULTED ME FOR IT!!!

• @Bluemax I know. Whenever someone is asking how to reject someone else (be it on here or IRL) I always tell them to be honest, polite and quick, and to not lead them on or drag it out. This, however, is not something a lot of people realize. They think that the "problem" will magically go away on its own and that no feelings will be hurt in the process.

• "and that no feelings will be hurt in the process. "
      Ah yes! That elusive painless rejection that so many seek. I've often said trying to find a painless way to reject someone is like searching for the Northwest Passage or El Dorado... except that we gave up on searching for the Northwest Passage and El Dorado about 2 centuries ago..

What Girls Said 7

• Because when it comes to rejectong guys we cannot win. if we don't do it harshly enough they usually come back trying to persuade you, if you are nasty you get verbal abuse and if you're honest you get abuse too.

I just go for the direct: go away I don't like you.

If that doesn't work I tend to just be vile to them. Rip them to pieces until they just fuck off.

Don't worry, I'd happily tell you what I thought of you if the situation arose ;)

• So it sounds like she had a choice between "sounding like a b****" or being a lier... And also not many people can handle the truth, so how was she to know, that you wanted her to be brutally honest? Cause I have no problem being 100% honest with people, who I know can take it... But I do hold back on those, who can't, or those, who I don't know.

• Actually I wanted her to either not exist or I wanted to have never met her as I wish with the majority of assholes I know, and not just her, every girl, always lying, as if I'm some idiot, I don't trust any of them!!! I may pretend to be naive, but they haven't the slightest clue... I know far more than I let up.

• I have, but not constantly, girls always lie to me.

• Well, than it's a case of not having guts, so to speak.. But if it makes you feel any better, I can deffinetly be brutally honest with you... And by the way, there are also men, that lie, so don't generalize this thing so much

• You should be thankful that she wasn't a bitch about it.

• I'm not a fucking idiot, I'M SICK OF BEING LIED TO!!! I bet you've never been rejected, haha, don't lie.

• I hope you get over that fear, anonymous.

• Thanks, maybe someday. @Bluemax

• Because we're demons sent from hell to make your life harder.

• That's not all girls, it's one girl. It sounds like she just doesn't like you

• No shit, Sherlock.

• No, I've been humiliated, my value as a man has been destroyed.

• Your value as a man has been destroyed because one girl doesn't like you? Like a few others have said, she probably felt like she has to lie to prevent being harassed.

• You have a really poor attitude and you're making mountains out of mole hills. Take some time to work on yourself and your confidence and the right girl will come along. Reading your comments, it sounds like you have some serious insecurities so instead of trying to find a girlfriend to make your life better, try working on your own personal happiness first and then you can have a girlfriend who will add to your happiness, not create it.

• Yeah, well, my life won't ever change anyway, so fixing it is impossible, which is why dying is my favorite solution.

• I'm turning 18 in July.

• Ok, well you have A LOT of life ahead of you, A LOT of girls to meet, A LOT of dates to go on, probably a lot more rejection too (not to be rude, that's just life. We deal with it and more on). You don't need a girlfriend right now. I didn't start dating until I was college and around 19. I didn't have my first serious relationship until I was 24, so don't sweat it. If you feel like a relationship is going to complete your life, you'll never be totally happy because you'll be with someone for the sake of being with them. Cut yourself some slack. Don't hate the world when things don't go your way. You have a lot of growing up to do and when the time is right for you and your life, you'll meet someone special.

• It could have been an honest mistake or she just didn't want to hurt your feelings I think jumping off a bridge is a little extreme

• Well, assuming I'm an idiot and getting rejected and lied to by yet another girl hurts even worse, especially From one that I thought would say yes for a change. And, jumping off the bridge would be fun.

• I don't give a damn no matter what I do it's always the same, if there was a god (I'm an atheist) I'd tell him to go shove it.

• You've got a pretty shitty attitude about women... So thats a big factor.

What Guys Said 4

• You don't have much experience with humans, don't you?
    38.media.tumblr.com/.../...taBFvE1rlpjl3o1_500.gif

• Perhaps the girl or girls in question had very negative experiences rejecting someone before. Some men have very bad tempers and become very angry.

Gaging from your various responses, asker, it seems like you are very hurt. Perhaps the girl sensed this about you and thought you might become angry and possibly violent. You seem ready to inflict violence on yourself, so it's understandable they don't want to be confrontational with you.

You're young, however, and you will find out that there's no shame in being rejected. It happens to us all. You can message me if you like.

• They think that we are the same.

That we can't take sh*t the same way they can't.
    They think rejection will reduce us to a blubbering mess, stuffing our face with ice-cream and whinging on the phone to our friends.

That's understandable but cmon!

We can take it.

We are men!

• so guys never lie, eh? :-P