Crying in front of your boyfriend? Guys do you hate this? How can I apologize?

So I almost never cry, but I've had a really awful week and my boyfriend has been staying at my place for the past few days to keep me company. He's never seen me cry and we've been together for almost 8 months. He was joking around with me while we were making dinner last night and he said something I usually would have found funny but I just started crying instead and then I couldn't stop. It was just one small thing that snowballed into me crying about everything that's happened recently and it was a mess. I feel terrible because he felt awful and kept apologizing even though I told him it wasn't his fault. He was really sweet and he held on to me and rubbed my back but I could tell he didn't know what to say.

Guys- does seeing your girlfriend cry annoy you or make you uncomfortable? How can I apologize to him for being so emotional?

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't even annoy me a little. If you cry there's something wrong going on, so I would try to comfort you and be there for you.
    I think your bf didn't know what to say because he wasn't expecting you to cry because of what he said.
    Don't apologize for getting emotional, if you feel the need to cry, do so, you have someone that cares about you, and he's there for you. I rather see you getting emotional than trying to hide your feelings. I'm your boyfriend I want to help you.

What Guys Said 2

• Uncomfortable yeah but its normal.
    And he probably loves you and just wanted to cheer you up :)
    Dont worry about it seriously ;)

• Umm it's normal if you cry sometimes when you really need to
    And it's perfectly fine
    He totally understands you that it wasn't his fault and you just needed an excuse to cry on his shoulder :)
    Because you've had a bad week as u said

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think an apology is necessary. Maybe an explanation instead. It sounds like he was very understanding so I'm sure he gets that everyone has ups and downs. Just talk to him about it and let him be there for you cause in my experience, it doesn't bother the good guys when their girlfriends cry in front of them, it just makes them want to understand and fix it.

• You don't need to apologize. It just shows that you're human and you have emotional moments. I am sure he didn't mind it, he probably was seeing it as a chance to comfort his girlfriend.

• Babe, it's just you being a normal human. I'm pretty certain most decent guys can handle that. I hope you're feeling better
    ^_^

• awwww that's sweet he was trying to comfort you! ! chin up buttercup things will be ok

• You shouldn't need to apologise. Everyone gets emotional, everyone has those down moments and more importantly, crying does not make you weak or vulnerable at all. It's human to cry :) x