When you ask a guy you're seing if he's free this weekend, and he says "I'll let you know" , does that necessarily mean you're not a priority?

I asked the guy I'm seeing if he's free this weekend. He said ,"I'll let you know" Today is Wednesday by the way. How can he not know yet when he'll be free? Should I consider this to be a good possibility that he's not treating me like a priority? And how can I address it? Even if he has plans with friends, shouldn't he invite me with them? Additional details: We just attended a social event tonight and he wasn't able to do our usual mid-week sleepover afterward because he's taking his mother to a doctor's appointment first thing in the morning. He seemed sincere when he explained that he's taking her because she speaks litle English . I slept over Monday. He also didn't want to see me all last weekend because we slep over Wed and Thur night in a row and he needed a break (without saying it. That's his pattern: needing time apart for 3 days after we have a long date). But does it seem suspect that he "will let me know" when he's free this weekend? I thought that was something people only say when they think something better will come up. Additional details: He told me earlier this week that he considers us to be in a relationship. That was only because I asked how he sees us. We've been together for 4 months. He also kept bringing up how it he feels like he's coming down with a cold.

On Friday , I asked him if he wanted to see me sometime this weekend or if he wanted to wait till sometime next week. He asked to see me that same night (friday) I guess he meant,"I'll let you know if you ask me again."

Most Helpful Guy

• When I tell someone "I'll let you know about [insert day here]" it means that I will tell you either a day or 2 days before on whether I am free or not since I won't know until I get closer to that day. A lot of things can happen within a couple of days.

If he is coming down with a cold it would be best not to insist on a date, because I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want you to see him sick or for you to catch his cold.

What Guys Said 2

• not everyone had their lives planned days in advanced, he might have made plans that are not set in stone yet, i don't know what I'm doing tomorrow never mind Saturday

• He may have some businesses that he doesn't even know yet. Don't worry...

What Girls Said 3

• I'll let you know means he doesn't want to say he'll go and then let you down if he can't

• I think u are just overthinking it, no worries.

• I'm in a similar situation~ asked a guy if he wanted to hangout next weekend, via text, at first he seemed pretty positive then he messaged saying "I'll let you know :)" ... I'm also wondering if this is just a nice blow off or if that means he just isn't THAT interested...