Guys, do you find overprotective women attractive or unattractive?

Overprotective as in a girlfriend/wife who are willing to look after you or a mother willing to look after and die for her son. While my girlfriend never has to do any of this and I can handle my own(physically and mentally), I still find it very sexy to have a feisty woman who's very willing to look after her man and her child.

• Attractive
    56% (29)
  • Unattractive
    44% (23)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Unattractive. I want a caring girl, but I really don't want to be coddled or told what to do. I mean right now especially because I have the feeling of wanting to leave the nest and getting out there into the big bad world.

I really value my freedom and independence. Yeah, I'd really love a girl who looks after me and shows affection and does things for me occasionally, but I absolutely do not want a girl who gets in the way of my life, tells me what to do all the time, or clings to me like a wrap that I can't fucking breathe or be in peace. Besides, a little space is necessary in relationships because absence makes the heart grow fonder.

What Guys Said 20

• Voted B. Overprotective women just aren't my type.

• Depends. There's a difference between overprotective women and jealous (and beyond overbearing) women. I don't like jealous women who accuse me of cheating with another woman while they won't allow me to do much hobbies that I enjoy. However, a woman willing to look after to you when necessary I think is a sexy trait. I mean, I don't understand why you guys don't like that idea, unless you prefer selfish women (which there's nothing wrong with it but just curious).

• You're right.

By the way, I'm not referring to just women, but the human race in general. Hardly anyone does something good, if it isn't for some selfish reason or without expectations. And not to mention, hypocrisy has reached unfathomable levels.

The only difference between men and women is, men tend to be more open and direct with their selfishness, while women are usually more subtle in their approach. Intentions often remain the same, though.

• I guess you could say women are more genetically engineered to be more reserved of expressing their true thoughts because of the fear of being frowned upon for having such opinions while men show no fear of speaking their minds because they already have nothing to lose.

• It can be overdone where it turns unattractive. By overprotective, it means that it is beyond the regular protective nature of a women.

If she has to be overprotective then the overtones of this can be unattractive.

As a man in a relationship I trust my woman to be loving person and loving mom. It does not have to be said... or dwelled upon, it is just implied through our love for one another. We have each others backs not matter what... it is just there in the shadows.

• Love it, as long as it doesn't overlap into trying boss you around or act jealous.

• I hate to be one of "those people" but the word 'overprotective' indicates that it's too much. Therefore it would unattractive.

I like a protective woman to some type of degree, but not if she thinks women who I am friends with (and only friends by far) are going to try to flirt with me.

• I'm split on this: If she's trying to make sure that I eat healthy, stay in shape, and the likes thereof then it is attractive. If she's being overprotective because she has a jealous streak then please get away from me as fast and as swift as possible.

• Well, my girlfriend is very protective, and I find it attractive because it shows me that she actually cares. Sometimes it annoys me for a minute, like when she gets irritated at the fact that I have female friends (I'm very faithful btw), but I get over it bc it's one of her ways of showing her love. But I guess that's just me, every guy has their own opinion on this topic.

• sounds like your not a man

• I love overprotective women. They won't eat my gummy bears because they give a shit about my feelings.

• got to be attractive, as if she is someone you could see spending your life with you'd want her to have a strong maternal instinct if you had children

• I think it's kind of cute.

• Protective is great. Overprotective is suffocating and controlling.

• I like people who are caring, including being willing to protect me and help me be my best. But being overprotective can be a disservice to someone. It can make them less curious about exploring the world and expressing themselves.

• Let me be honest with you:

If she is hot then I would just find that personality trait annoying.
    If she's okay, depends on her other qualities.

• I wouldn't say it's attractive or not, but it would be kind of annoying sometimes.

• unattractive for sure. she comes off a psycho

• Meh. I think its a little immature.

• I need a bit, but don't overdo it, or it's over. :).

• I don't care.

• I grew up under the thumb of an overprotective mother. Not the best experience.

• Let me guess. She either wouldn't let you have a girlfriend or she will very likely scare her off with her overbearing personality.

• The latter. Also, would only let us ride our bicycles in circles on the driveway as kids, and even as adults doesn't want us moving more than an hour away.

It went beyond overprotectiveness. There were other problems.

• why do you think the most common fantasy is nurse? thats a nonsensical question.

• I don't know about most common but my very big sexual fantansy was to have a thick and curvacious woman (who's a mother) who's very protective of me with maternal instincts.