Is it ok to ignore an ex boyfriend if you bump into him?

I am going to be back at uni tomorrow after going on exchange. This will be the first time i bump into my ex after 7 months. Things ended badly, him being a jerk and me deciding not to be friends as a result (he wanted to remain friends). I know I will bump into him since we are in the same faculty. He also has mean girl friends who bullied me when i was with him. He stood up for me at the time. Anyway, i googled this and so many websites say its always good to be polite and say hi and make small talk. I am preparing myself for the moment and i see no reason to make small talk. I thought a brief smile and walking away/ahead is better. Any tips? How would he potentially feel?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't want to talk to him don't start any conversation. If he does then just be polite and excuse yourself the first chance you can. I understand the feeling but the key here is just to move on, and bring up as few bad memories as possible. Why exactly did you two break up anyway?

• We were dating for almost a year, he pursued me like crazy and said and did all the right things. We reached a point when i felt we had to decide whether we wanted to be serious or not. He started acting very strange and eventually said he doesn't think he could handle a relationship. He had a very hard time letting go and even after the break did everything to patch up but i didn't want to get peanuts so i said a friendahip wouldn't work. He said some insensitive things during the break up and did not handle the situation properly, hurting me a lot in the process. So i basically hate him for using me. He doesn't deserve my attention. This is why i thought a smile shows my good manners and ignoring shows my self respect

• Oh he was basically a douchebag and didn't want me to think he was one. I have given up on love, went through depression, cry every day for the past 7 months, feel worthless and used, angry..

• :( You shouldn't give up on love because of one douchebag! It's been almost a year since my ex cheated/used me (after 4 years) and it still hurts. But you shouldn't give up on love. If you do your asshole ex (or exes) win because you will spend the rest of your life hurt and sad, which is what they want! Besides you sound like a wonderful woman ;)

What Guys Said 3

• Ignore him completely
    Silence is the best weapon to destroy your enemy

• Right? Have you ever had it happen to you or did you do it back to anyone? I ignored a guy once and he was really confused but he let me go and tried rekindle when it was wayyyy too late

• Lol I ignore most of my exes
      And they go nuts

• Haha! Then I'll definitely follow your advice! Im glad these websites can give complete bs advice.

• ignoring was not a bad idea as you said that ended badly.
    but i would say go meet him and show how happy you are without him.
    your happiness kills your enemies!

• You can if you want to. You don't have to talk or acknowledge him.

What Girls Said 2

• you don't have to speak to him if you don't want to. who cares how he feels?

• Yeh i don't care about how he feels but i would be curious😝

• Completely ignoring is gonna be weird as hell, and might backfire. Believe me. I tried it once and it went very bad. He wanted to say hi, his friends were there, I ignored him, although I forced it, his friends laughed, and then he started to tell them all kinds of sex stuff, like how took I it doggystyle and how I moaned like a slut when sucking his dick, all kinds of degrading stuff to make him look cool again in front of his friends and make me look like a whore. That was weak of him, I don't know if your ex would be that weak, but just be careful with hurting someone. They might hurt back a lot harder.

• My guy wouldn't do that.