Girls, How important is height?

I always here a lot of women giving men shit about how they expect us to be skinny, curvy, or have thigh gaps but what about us expecting them to be tall? It seems unfair that we would expect a man to be tall, when he can't control it. Would you date a man between 5'7-5'9 and I mean seriously date him?

I love how women don't answer this one but then complain that men care to much about looks

18

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 17

• I'd prefer a guy over 6 feet. That's my preference. I'm 5'7-5'8 myself and I like feeling protected in a relationship so I like bigger guys. Every male in my family is taller so it's what I'm accustomed to. If a guy likes a skinny girl then I'm not going to hold it against him if he doesn't date me as I'm overweight and curvy.

My boyfriend fits my standard but I also have liked guys shorter or only an inch or so taller than me. It's not that I refuse shorter guys, it's just that I prefer taller ones

The bigger problem with gender standards is how women are objectified in the media and often over sexualized. I think the problem is less about standards but more about equality. Women are judged on their looks a million times more than men. You can name the one big exception with height but what about the wage gap or the the statistics about how many women are sexually assaulted or killed by men?

• Not that important.

• I have dated men who are shorter than me and they tend to get butthurt when I wear heels. In order to save everyone the heartache, I now only date people who are taller than me.

• I see this happening a lot lately. Men care about weight and women care about height. Yet, men get shamed for caring about weight.

• I am insinuating that you are hypocritical

• How? I don't date short men because they're not interested in me. How is that hypocritical?

• Okay. I'm a 5'8 girl and I can't help that I'm attracted to very tall guys because that's what I'm personally into. The difference here is that if I was 5'2, a guy of the height 5'7 would be very tall. So it will always vary from different girls. Where as the guys who like girls with big boobs or whatever, that's something that some girls just can't have and it doesn't change depending on how the guys body is. Its just how independent people have different sexual interests.

• I feel like guys get slammed for liking what they like in the media though

• Yes I would date a man 5'7- 5'9. I am 5'7 and I would date a guy shorter than me, I don't care much about the guy's height.

• I have a preference but don't care, however there is something about feeling safe in the arms of someone bigger than you. I think that's what it comes down to for most girls, even if they don't realise it.

• Not very but I'd prefer him to be taller than me

• Course I would, I wouldn't date a guy who is shorter then me, But I'm 4'11, and I've never met a guy shorter then myself.

But if a guy is 5'7 that IS tall to me.

• Yes, I've dated guys my height (5'6" - 5'7").

• I don't expect guys to be tall... i just prefer a guy taller than me, don't know why but i do. I would date a man between 5'7'' - 5'9'' because that's taller than me! I'm 5'4'' so, so long as the lad is taller than me then i don't care.

• I have a feeling a guy is behind this.

Tallness is attractive but not necessary for attraction

• Just taller than me

• I'm 5'7. Been with guys who are 5'6 to 6'3. Doesn't really matter to me.

• I don't like very short guys but 5"7 and 5"9 is much taller than me. So that's fine.

• Since I'm under 5" I've never had the problem of a guy being shorter then me

• Weight? Not so much. Height? Very.

• I'm 6' and half.. I have dated a man that was 5'9" but I usually prefer to date men over 6'5" which isn't too hard when I'm around them all the time (basketball). As long as they are willing to meet all of my standards I won't mind if they are a little shorter