Saying something to the girl that stood me up for senior prom?

This past weekend was my senior prom. I'm single and I've never had a girlfriend before so I assumed my chances of finding a date were small. I asked several girls and they all said no. I asked this girl I tutor from my math class and she said yes. I was so excited she said yes! We got matching tux/dress and split other prom related costs.

The night before prom she called me and told me a family emergency came up and that she'll not be able to attend prom. I was crushed but I told her I hope everything is fine. She apologized and sounded sad. I decided not to go to prom.

Anyway, fast forward to today, I noticed that she posted pics on facebook and instagram from her at prom with another guy. I almost cried when I saw this. I'll see her tomorrow in class and I'm wondering if I should say anything? I was thinking of saying, I'm glad your emergency was taken care of and I'm sorry I misplaced my phone, because I knew you said yes to me when I asked you out instead of him (the guy she ended up with). Would it be rude if I said this to her? I'm used to rejection by girls but in this case a simple no thanks, or you're not my type would have been fine with me.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 4

• Keep asking her what she did on prom night and interrogate her. Keep torturing her and I'm sure she'll break out of guilt

• I would honestly take the better person route and approach her maturely. Go up to her and tell her you saw straight up that she went to prom with another guy. Tell her that it hurt you because you skipped out and worried all night that things weren't okay with her family. Tell her that you thought better of her than that and would have appreciated it if she had the guts to be honest with you, and that she isn't the person you thought she was. Then just walk away, don't let her explain anything.

• She's horrible! It's such a thoughtless thing to do! Did she not think people would know about her prom after she posted it on social media? Really, she's an idiot.

• Honestly she's such a terrible person and if a girl did this to me I would've stuck it to her

• i dont think its rude at all.

• Ur wrong and out of ur mind she stood him up and went with another guy

What Guys Said 7

• Wow. Welcome to the world of heartless, unfeeling women. I'm so sorry this happened to you. No, I would just continue with the assumption her family emergency excuse was true, and use that to your advantage to make her feel guilty. I would be extra nice to her when I see her. Keep asking how her family is, and how everything worked out. Keep returning each time you see her with more very caring questions about, and how badly you felt that she wasn't able to go to the prom, etc. Be a really good actor. Never let on that you really know. This will eat at her conscience, until she probably tells you the truth herself.

• I think it's ok to let her know that what she did wasn't right HOWEVER... DON'T MAKE IT A PUBLIC SPECTACLE! And certainly don't lose your temper. Just say, "Hey X, why didn't you reject me instead of going with another guy without telling me? that hurt my feelings." and leave it at that.

• if u r used in rejection... better do it... np with u ;)

• Add up all the cost of your prom cost then multiply it by 5 and take her to court. Breach of contract. If you have her phone calls or any text save them. You want what you paid in direct cost and 5 times your expenses as damages. You should be able to handle this in small claims court.

• Yeah I don't think this will work? It would be awesome if it did but she was under no legal obligation to go with me.

• When she said yes and you put money behind it, a contract was formed, and yes she is obligated to either go or pay our expenses. You want damages because it was a once in a lifetime experiance.

• I think your last line said it best. I think letting her know how hurt you were is great e did not give you much time to find another date either. All this because she could not be honest with you. She was probably trying not to hurt your feelings but ended up hurting you even more. I really wish girls would ask guys out more so they know what we go through sometimes.

• YO WTF what a B^TCH move

ask her why she just wasn't honest with you and after she answers never speak to her again like wow what a disrespectful b^tch she could've just said no...

• She's obviously a whore and u should be awful to her