What to wear on a rock climbing date?

I've never been, and I'm really into this guy, so I don't want to embarrass myself! He's really athletic so I feel like he's going to be really good at it, and I'm not so athletic, so I'm a little nervous about this. I've never rock climbed before, so what do I expect? And what do I wear?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sent you a pm with all details. :-)

What Guys Said 4

• Wear a very short skirt so that he can look at your... and he won't be focused on your bad climbing skills.

• easy clothing, no highheels xD
    good sports shoes

• confrontable clothes

• The main thing is leg movement so wear something you can high step in. Also wear a vest or tshirt with a fairly long body so it doesn't ride up when you put your harness on.

• leggings? And tennis shoes? Or do I get special shoes?

• Leggings would be fine, they should have a place to hire a pair of climbing shoes because regular shoes just slip off the holds. Another thing you should bring are those little socks you wear with sneakers in the summer, because hired climbing shoes are a bit gross! lol

What Girls Said 4

• You really need to have a long chat with @Climber.. She really is the expert who can give you very sound advice on this subject.

• Rock climbing is SO fun! You'll be climbing obviously, and be in a harness, so you'll need spandex pants, and a light tee or tank because you may sweat or get hot. And tennis

• Oh! You have a lot to prepare for. You need a helmet, gloves, a tank top and some shorts with a very good seam in the crotch. Here is a link to Eastern Mountain Sports. This page talks about what to wear rock climbing.

ems. com/ea-what-to-wear-rock-climbing. html

• Wear something sporty.