Guys, why won't he show me off?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a few years now and I can honestly say he's posted a picture with me 5 times max. Looking at his profiles there's close to no evidence that we're dating. He won't post pictures of me because he says he only does that for "special occasions", none of which include our anniversaries or trips we go on together, but only pictures from when he's out with his friends. Even when we take nice pictures together he'll only post the ones of himself. He doesn't hold my hand or put his arm around me in public. When he does it's only after I did it first and even then it feels like he's a little hesitant or awkward. I've asked him to please start doing these things for me numerous times and he always says okay but nothing changes... I just want to be shown off and know that he's proud to be with me instead of feeling like he's ashamed of our relationship.

7

Most Helpful Guy

• because he probably doesn't care to show you off? I doubt he is ashamed, its probably just the way he is.

What Guys Said 6

• Maybe he doesn't care about showing you off, not that he doesn't care about you. This is a hard one to explain because I'm not sure what his motivation would be other than he's not a showoff kind of guy.

• Nobody cares that you are with him. It's true. Your boyfriend doesn't feel the need to show he has a girlfriend. He just assumes nibody cares and I think he is right. He does not measure your worth through other people's eyes nor does he do it for himself. What is important to him is how he feels about you, not how other people feel about you. He is an introvert and this won't change because it's who he is. Has he ever done this to other girlfriends?
    He also seem uncomfortable being intimate in public. It looks like 2 different things to me. This may change with time with "practice".

• Well, he's not going to change.

This behavior doesn't necessarily mean he's ashamed of you, he just might not be the PDA kind of guy. Your call, but if it's that important you might want to consider finding a different guy.

• Well are you hot?

• His friends know who I am and what I look like I feel like my appearance doesn't have much to do with it

• He probably don't want people to know that you ae his girlfriend so it will not exist gossip here and there.

• Because you're not a "prize" or "conquest". You're a person. Act like it.