Lied to my girlfriend. She called me a coward, because I took the easy way out. How can I get her respect again?

Most Helpful Girl

• Stop telling lies... She can no longer trust you... Your relationship is over already... I just wonder how long it will drag on now.

Lying a deal breaker, and once you lose a woman's trust, it's hard to get it back. I remember when my ex lied to me, and I tried to forget about it, but I didn't. I lost all trust in him, and I was really just dragging the relationship out longer than I should have because his word meant nothing to me. To a woman, once you lie, she thinks to herself "If he lied about this, what else is he lying about?"... You're screwed... She may try to look past it, but she will never look at you the same again.

Most Helpful Guy

• Once trust is lost, it is extremely difficult to gain it back. But not all hope is lost, but you have to remember that it is all out of your hands now. You have acted, now she is going to react. So it comes down to you doing your best to rebuild the relationship. You can't lie to your girlfriend, but no one is perfect and we all have moments of weakness. I'm not justifying your actions, since most importantly she won't see it that way, but I am saying to not give up nor play the victim. She called you a coward, so do something that a coward wouldn't do, own your actions and take the punishment. Give her plenty of space to sort out her own things because if you crowd her or push her, you'll mess things up further. And while you're giving her some time, work on yourself in improving yourself. And make the change count. If she realizes that you haven't worked on it and tried to better yourself, it's over. You've put yourself in a really bad spot and you've no one to blame. Try to explain your perspective and see how she looks at it from your side. If you didn't agree to what you did, agree and tell her it was stupid and weak of you. Remember, no one is perfect and she doesn't expect you to be perfect. But she does expect you to learn from them and better yourself. And when I mean learn, I mean don't do it again. Good luck to you sir

What Girls Said 1

• it depends what you did?

What Guys Said 5

• You can't, not completely. You will always be the guy who lied and took the easy way out. Your question is like asking, "How can I get my virginity back?"

• Stop lying... and change.. If she sees any chance in you she might respect you

• How bad was the lie? Like were you cheating on her and lied about it or was it a small scale thing? My experience in this is that time is the only way to gain her trust again. Just be honest consistently and over time she'll get the idea. Or if you cheated (aka a big lie) then I'd just say to end it and find someone else. That kind of lie is something most relationships never get over.

• just say you're sorry... LOL

• Listen to me... Do exactly as I say, and don't just say what I am telling you to say, DO it. Actions speak louder than words. Even if a man messes up, he can still redeem himself by apologizing... And showing her that he is really sorry about what he did. Women like to see that you are growing and that you know what you did was wrong, and own up to it like a man.

First thing first... Tell her "we need to talk". Then sit her down... Then apologize. The longer the apology the better. Explain what you did, why it was wrong, and that you will never do it again. Don't just say sorry.

1.) What I did that was wrong (go into detail) Say "baby... What I did was wrong___say what you did__"
      2.) Why what I did was wrong (go into detail) "And this is why it was wrong __Say why it was wrong"

Then PROMISE you will never do it again... Tell her that you know it will take a while for you to gain her trust back, but you will work hard to gain it. Now give her the flowers you bought from walmart!

• Promise that you will never be a cowardly piece of shit ever again. Then, buy her flowers or something...