My son is 27 and has never dated, should I intervene?

He told me he asks women out and tries to get with them but he tells me they reject him every time. I feel bad for him. Is this a result of how superficial people are these days? Or is it a problem he has that I should intervene with?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I don't think you should intervene with him. I've never dated myself (and I turn 25 in 18 days.)

It's more than likely not your son's fault. As you stated, people are just shallow. Women under 30 tend to solely want guys for how much they make and how much they can be spoiled, etc. This is why high class men get all the young women. It's just a lousy generation to be a 20-something. My parents even admitted it.

I hate my generation for the most part.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm curious what sort of "intervention" a father would do for his son to get a date. His love life is sort of his personal business, and I doubt a guy who is 27 would really enjoy knowing his dad has to step in and make things happen for him.

Women are rejecting guys for reasons, and if he's not getting anywhere with women, perhaps the best intervention would be for you to encourage him to develop as a happier single guy.

• I know you are worried and maybe even feel sorry or sad but no, no intervention is required.

I am his age and I have never had a date. Yes, I did have a boyfriend but believe it or not I never had a date. But still, I would feel sad, embarrassed, frustrated that my mom or dad intervene.

Maybe I am doing something wrong but I need to figure it out and after so many things I realized why guys do not approach me.

Leave him alone, he already trust you enough to talk to you about, keep that and support him, give him advice but no intervention, Mr.

• Perhaps give him some advice if you feel he needs it, but other than that I do not think you should intervene at all. First, you need to know why he is getting rejected, though.

• You sure he's not gay?

• set him up on dates

What Guys Said 4

• NO.
    GOD NO!
    FUCKING GOD BY THE NAME OF LUCIFER AND RAPHAEL , NO!

He's 27.

Success or fail , it's his life. It's his time.

• Intervene? I don't know, maybe you could suggest him to date a girl if you think she'll be good for him, but that's all in my opinion.

• Well, why do you think he's being rejected every time?

• well people are superficial soit could happen if he's overweight or average looking